Supercopa de España 2017 |Real Madrid vs . Barcelona | Aug 16 | 2nd Leg

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, Aug 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

Return leg of Supercopa will be kicked off in 48 hours at home where The team can celebrate their 10th edition of this trophy among fans and supporters.

First leg at the camp Nou was full of action and controversies , anything from Own Goal, annoying dive by Luis Suarez , CR dismissal to Asensio's wonder goal . Rolando won't be available in the second leg at the Bernabeu but the squad will welcome Modric back to the line up .

Team completed the first session of the week and began preparation for the 2nd leg already.

Ball work took centre stage in a session which saw the players who started the match in the win at the Camp Nou train at a lower intensity, apart from Isco who trained inside.

Zidane called upon Luca and Achraf from the Real Madrid Castilla squad in a session that began with the Whites doing some light jogging before moving on to a combination of physical work and precision striking of the ball. They ended the session with several series of pressing and possession games, finishing exercises and games on reduced sized pitches.

Hala Madrid y nada mas
    Hala Madrid y nada mas
    Hala Madrid y nada mas

Tobias19, temesgen, Eddie and 2 others repped this.
  2. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Admins please lock the 1st leg thread and let's continue here

3. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Eddie is gonna be pissed!

Tobias19, RMSocrates, Eddie and 3 others repped this.
  4. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hahaha ezzzzzzzzzz, I wanna see Ceballos in this game.

5. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would start Theo in this one. Seems like a game we can safely make 1 or 2 rotations.

natenate101 repped this.
  6. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hoping to see some smart rotations from Zidane but nothing too crazy. 3 players at most.

7. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No matter what , Bale and Karim need to do something about their current form. If not mistaken Bale scored his last goal in Feb

8. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yap,end of February vs Villareal.

RM or None repped this.
  9. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    FINISH THEM!!!!!!

[​IMG]

S1na, Deep Pal, RMSocrates and 1 other person repped this.
  10. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No effort.

Get a grip @RM or None !!!

RMSocrates and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  11. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This. Marcelo was getting worked a bit too much yesterday. Let's get Theo in there for some pace.

Ceballos as a sub would be nice. Was hoping he'd sub Isco yesterday but I guess ZZ knew what he was doing, haha.

12. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    RMSocrates and Zidane05 repped this.
  13. sjoapps

sjoapps Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Aug 14, 2017
    I watched the first leg yesterday. It could have gone either way to be honest. Barcelona had a couple of chances to go 1-2 after the controversial penalty call. One moment in particular still angers me: Marcelo lost his head and was too busy verbally tussling with Umtiti in the latter's 18 yard box, Barcelona quickly broke forward and almost scored. Fortunately, Suarez was just slightly offside.

Isco couldn't get back in time to cover-up for Marcelo's lack of discipline. As prolific Marcelo is in attack, he really worries me defensively. Needs to stay and calm and collected for the return leg.

Bale needs to pick up his pace and improve his first touch. So does Benzema. The duo's interplay and linkup was poor in the first game.

We'll be counting on Isco, Modric and Kroos to hold the fort and hit them on the counter attack. I want Asensio to start over Bale, but seems unlikely. Ronaldo's absence is a big loss - as much as rival fans and/or some of our fans may downplay it - he's been lethal in front of goal and is almost a guaranteed source for a goal.

As for the defense, it generally held well in the first leg, apart for a few full-on panic mode moments, and poor first touches and clearance attempts in and around the 18 yard box, but playing at home should see us exert more confidence and be more level headed.

Overall, Messi's still an X-Factor and he can change a game on his own, we'll do well to close him down and not give him any clear chances. The likelihood of a 0-3 loss is very little, but we absolutely cannot go into the game sleeping or too defensively minded (see Atletico Madrid's 2nd leg fixture this year).

A hard fought and disciplined game should see us lift the trophy, I hope :)

S1na repped this.
  14. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Let's not get too PSG guys. We could very well PSG it and lose the Super Cup. Anyways, I would start:

Asensio - Benzema
    Isco
    Modric - Casemiro - Kovacic
    Theo - Ramos - Varane - Nacho
    Navas

Kroos, Ceballos and Bale 2nd half.

15. kelvinphr

kelvinphr Member+

Aug 23, 2007
    Botswana
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Could have gone either way? Were we watching the same game? Why is it so easy to count the almost goals they had and disregard the almost goals we had? By your logic it could easily have been 3-0 by the time they got the penalty.

Deep Pal and Bear Crotch repped this.
  16. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The first leg wasn't the most comfortable win but come on. Even with the immense help from the ref Barca lost 3-1 with our best striker sitting on the bench for 60 minutes.

This was supposed to be a match against one of top three teams in the world. It wasn't a tough match.

S1na, Deep Pal and kelvinphr repped this.
  17. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    The game was tired 1-0 till that best striker came on and made it 2-1.

Also immense help from the referee is expected in every bar a match. It's standard like air conditioning in a car.

Deep Pal repped this.
  18. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fans at the Bernabe will bring out the white handkerchiefs for this game. I know our Club are being classy by not indulging in referee conspiracies which means it gains no attention from the media. I mean when you compare this to the Bayern game or the Villarreal game (a game we won fair and square but Villarreal management cried wolf) those games were discussed for nearly two weeks. I've yet to see an articles on Sunday's disgrace of a game. Nothing on Ronaldo being robbed, nothing on Suarez' dive, nothing on all the other incidents that we have to find out about through twitter. So I am glad the fans are taking it upon themselves to show them all what we think of them.

Has there beeen a single Clasico where we haven't been robbed? Like it happens in every single clasico like clockwork and nothing changes. Just a good ol' wash, rinse and repeat. I am being honest but I am going through all the last couple of clasicos since the Carlo days and I can only think of 2 or so clasicos we weren't absolutely robbed in, one of them is incidentally the 4-0 loss. It is amazing the club has been so dignified considering they know before stepping onto the pitch that we will likely get a red card, have legit penalties turned down and have phantom penalties called against us. Disgraceful

Deep Pal and yoanaidarov repped this.
  19. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nacho, Luka, Asensio all should start this match IMO. maybe Theo

20. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Would love for us to start with a line up like that.

21. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Other than the strikers and maybe Luka, why on earth would we change the team?

22. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    cause we have geeat team? and most of the players playing every 3 day. Plus another match on weekend.

23. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This, we have a great squad, and putting the bench players in won't be a downgrade. I hope we put Nacho, Theo and Asensio in the XI. Theo was already rumoured to play the first leg, won't be surprised if he starts the second leg

24. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    With Theo and Nacho they are better defenders than Marcelo and Carajval but are not as good going forward so with 2 goals up it makes sense . Asensio because he's 10 times better Bale.

25. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nobody is a better defending RB than Carvajal and let's see how Theo does in competitive games before we proclaim him better defender than Marcelo eh

Deep Pal and -Fifth CharM- repped this.