Super Y

Discussion in 'Referee' started by voiceoflg, Jun 2, 2018.

1. voiceoflg

voiceoflg Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    I did a search for Super Y games and most of the posts were from ten or more years ago.

I have been assigned a couple (and hopefully more later) Super Y games. For those who did them recentl can I expect from them? My games are U13, AR.

dadman repped this.
  2. GearRef

GearRef Member

Manchester City
    United States
    Jan 2, 2018
    La Grange Park, Illinois
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I registered to do a host weekend this June on the 16th and 17th, but haven’t received any assignments yet. Also, on the Super Y website there is an article about how RefEdge Pro (vanishing spray) is the official sponsor of USL, USL II, Super Y, etc. (anything under USL’s umbrella), does this mean I can use vanishing spray (if it’s RefEdge) during Super Y games? That would be enough for me to work their games. ;)

dadman and Rufusabc repped this.
  3. Baka_Shinpan

Baka_Shinpan Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Between the posts
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It's nothing really special or out of the ordinary. Just a travel League for the summer.

4. tomek75

tomek75 Member+

Aug 13, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

To answer your question on the vanishing spay. US soccer ruled on this shortly after the last world cup.

VANISHING SPRAY

• The use of vanishing spray is prohibited by officials unless approval for use during an affiliated competition is given by U.S. Soccer.

Requests should be made by the appropriate affiliated competition authorities and these will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis provided the following minimum requirements are met:
      • The affiliated competition must provide the vanishing spray at no cost to the officials;
      • The affiliated competition must provide the officials with training on how to use the vanishing spray and monitor its use throughout the competition;
      • The affiliated competition (or associated league of Organization Member) must assume all liability associated with the use of the vanishing spray; and
      • When approved, competitions should make best efforts to use the vanishing spray in all competitive matches and officials should make every reasonable effort to ensure the spray is used consistently during their match

5. Bubba Atlanta

Bubba Atlanta Member+

Mar 2, 2012
    Yep, Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    ??? o_O

6. code1390

code1390 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You never know if Jon Moss will take someone's eye out with the stuff.