Sunderland

Discussion in 'Premier League Clubs' started by sterock85, Jun 22, 2007.

1. sterock85

sterock85 New Member

Apr 30, 2006
    Thought id start a thread for Sunderland......

So far since promotion back to the Premier League.....we have signed just Greg Halford for £3 Million from Reading.

Today it seems England International Dave Nugent is in talks between two clubs one of them Sunderland the other is unknown, after £7 Million bids where accepted by Preston. And Bolton keeper Jussi Jaaskalainen is still being trailed by Sunderland.

We have sold 30,000 season tickets up to now also...and Niall Quinn recently stated we are the envy of alot clubs in the premier League for the amount we have sold.

SUNDERLAND 'PRIDE OF THE NORTH EAST SINCE 1879'...Ha'way the lads!

2. j.fisher

j.fisher So Much Better

May 3, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice to have Sunderland back up. Hopefully a better showing than last time is in order. Plus Sunderland v Newcastle is ALWAYS fun to watch.

3. maria adel

maria adel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 17, 2007
    midoo signed for the squad
    wonderfull-----

maria (italy)

4. justboy

justboy Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Craig Gordon should be a good, solid acquisition.

5. futurecharlie

futurecharlie New Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Lua Lua targeted by Keane

Portsmouth striker Lamano Lua Lua is believed to be a target for Sunderalnd manager Roy Keane. Keane is keane on bolstering his squad and is especially keen on a striker having also admitted his interest in Tottenham player Mido.

Keane is thought to be interested in Lua Lua due to his lighting quick pace something that he feels lacks in his current striker force. Keane has already missed out on David Nugent and also doubts his chances in the race for Mido aswell as deciding against a move for Andy Cole and now doesn't want to miss out on Lua Lua who has told Portsmouth manager HArry Reknapp he wishes to leave.

According to reports a bid of as little as £2millon could seal a deal for the former Newcastle forward.

6. marighand

marighand New Member

May 12, 2007
    USA
  7. L.G.S

L.G.S New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    England
    Well done. Sunderland get to the top of the Premiership and beat the team with the so called "Best attacking front" on the first day of the season.

8. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    congrats today, you beat a quality quality side

9. L.G.S

L.G.S New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    England
    In today's match, Tottenham was not a quality side.

10. maria adel

maria adel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 17, 2007
    tottenham is paying the price of giving up mido and ghaly and many players who
    made his outstanding performance last year

11. Yid_Army99

Yid_Army99 Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Mido and Ghaly wouldn't have even featured in today's match even if they were in the squad...

12. Eli_Cash

Eli_Cash New Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Sunderland did a fantastic job against Tottenham but where was Connelly? Why wasnt he playing?

13. sterock85

sterock85 New Member

Apr 30, 2006
    Connolly was on the bench.

14. TheBlackCat

TheBlackCat New Member

Mar 9, 2007
    Wonderland
    Just discovered this,our own board.Nice 1.

Great win for us Saturday.Awesome atmosphere and a top night out after :D
    Looking forward to the rest of the season.

15. Razcle

Razcle New Member

May 18, 2007
    Waterloo
    Probably one of the newest Sunderland fans here...How's everyone doing?? What chances do we have of making the middle of the table this year with the strength of our squad? I know the firery Keene will keep the lads working, however do they have enough to stay in the middle of the pack or even get into the top 4??? Please comment!

16. sterock85

sterock85 New Member

Apr 30, 2006
    We where abysmal yesterday. Only Chopra, Liam Miller and Craig Gordon came out of the game with any credit...the rest where a disgrace.

Keane's comments after the match suggest that quite a few of these players have played there last games for the club.

17. Razcle

Razcle New Member

May 18, 2007
    Waterloo
    Not a good loss to Wigan last week, however te first goal was offside and the other two were from the penalty spot, which is always hard to keep out of the net. Unfortunatly it looks like Liverpool is up next who were impressive against Chelsea last weekend.

How ofter does Yorke get to play for the cats as he was a feared striker for the Trinidad & Tobago team we used to face in WC qualifying?

18. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Alright, I admire your enthusiam but top four? Let's revisit that later.

But, I think the cats will be a 13-16 club. And the loss to Wigan should have been a win. those are the games that they need to be winning. disappointed with that.

19. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Any thoughts on Sunderland v Pool...........??

20. Razcle

Razcle New Member

May 18, 2007
    Waterloo
    Steven Gerrard likely won't be in the mix. That can't be such a bad thing. I watched the Chelsea-Liverpool game last week and Liverpool is a solid squad. Unfortunatly I haven't seen enough of SAFC to determine whether we can shut these guys down and then squeeeze one out on the counter attack.

These are the games where a draw would show lots of character and class. Any predictions on starting 11?

21. Razcle

Razcle New Member

May 18, 2007
    Waterloo
    Well that was disappointing. Liverpool made us look second rate. What did we finish with...2 shots on target?

I understand Liverpool is part of the big 4 but we needed a stronger efforet at home in order to make some name for ourselves in this league. Well looking forward to next game!

22. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    These games will happen. But I do hope that it is not indicative of how the team really is in terms of strength. Next game is at Old Trafford I beielive and they will face a stern test. I think that staying up will depend on how the team does at games like Wigan Derby etc............

23. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sunderland lost to Luton 0-3 in the carling cup. i dont have any indepth reports of the game except the result but how can the Black Cats expect to survive in the prem if they cant beat sides like this on top og which they lost to wigan. i am starting to fear keane's side may not have what it takes to survive in the prem. keane as a manager may need to return to the lower level to really earn his badges...........