Summer transfer window 7/10-8/9

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by firstshirt, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Argyle

Argyle Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Plymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vancouver might throw in some whale blubber.

2. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we should hold out for a mounted moose head. It'd look great on the locker room wall.

3. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel certain that inside REV central they are saying Gershon Koffie is their summer signing. In fact, they are patting themselves on the back for being so early. I'm betting bonuses and promotions are in the works.

If, in fact, the Revs sign someone this summer, that person will actually count as an early signing for the winter window.

4. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does the Koffie loan deal imclude an option to buy?

5. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Getting serious for a minute, it wouldn't shock me to see them move Kamara to some team looking for scoring punch for the final push toward the playoffs. Sometimes teams will overpay in situations like this, and it wouldn't shock me if the Revs were able to extract the proverbial pound of flesh.

They got a good haul for Davies last year, and certainly those assets were used to acquire the 2 defenders over the winter, which is all well and good.

But just once I'd like to see the Revs send the message that they are serious about competing. When other teams were adding players, we were subtracting from our already not full roster. What message does that send?

6. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    We need need two left-footed players (not one player with two left feet ala Khano). Left-footed wingback to provide the width that Tierney had formerly been able to provide, and a left-footed winger to either cut in from the right, or provide width from the left (options!).

4-2-3-1:
    Juan
    3 out of Diego, Nguyen, Rowe, New guy
    Two out of Koffie, Kouassi, Caldwell
    New-Angoua-Delamea-Farrell
    Cropper

7. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We’ve got a good group of guys, but I think we need to bring in some difference-makers,” said Marsch. “It’ll be a guy that is younger and fits the way we play.

“...We have a little bit more flexibility from an international perspective. We have some money to spend, we have roster spots. So we’ll have to make some additions, and we’ll just try to calculate what those are and how to do it in a way that best sets up our team to make a real strong push at the end of the year.”

This would never be said by the Revs FO

a517dogg repped this.
  9. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But aren't they afraid of disrupting team chemistry? Nah, those losers aren't on the cusp, like we are!