Monchi Business

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Mar 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like I said in another thread, if you add up all the rumors Inter are spending 500 mil this season. They are a club that might not even make it into the EL. If Radja leaves it will be for a bigger club than Inter.

Wolfbeatseagle repped this.
  2. mancini30

mancini30 Member+

Jul 20, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #127 mancini30, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    In:
    Skorupski
    Tah
    Kolasinic / Gonzalo Rodriguez
    Kessie
    Pellegrini
    Dolberg

Out:
    Szczesny
    Manolas
    Vermaelen
    Paredes

3. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have little to no interest in Kessie.Those rumors reek of Casemiro. If Parede leaves, we'd be better suited to plug Strootman into CDM and buy a more technical CM to push upfield.

Java65 repped this.
  4. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Badelj for ten is better than €30 for Kessie

Indian_Gladiator repped this.
  5. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Roma have no business spending that much on a young player. One good season doesn't mean they'll do it again or they will continue to progress.

Grenier can certainly push upfield. We could also use Perotti in that role.

6. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Grenier can stay healthy, yes, he would fill that role. If we're lucky, Pellegrini and Grenier combine to add that extra quality and confidence on the ball that our midfield needs, which Paredes has only offered in stints.

Perotti is a forward. You don't want him playing CAM unless it's a game where you know you'll only be hitting a team on the counter.

7. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For me the MF next season should be; Ninja, Stroot, DDR, Paredes, Grenier and Pellegrini.

You see that quality in Paredes when he plays more and gets confidence. Last match after he scored his game picked up immensely. I think people forget Paredes is still only 22 and this is his first real season with Roma.

Shen-O, Oban14, Indian_Gladiator and 2 others repped this.
  8. Michael Berk

Michael Berk Member+

Apr 21, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Java65 repped this.
  9. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Paredes is a very good player for a 22yr old. Would be a shame to sell him on. He has genuine qualities.

Shen-O, Oban14, whill4 and 4 others repped this.
  10. Lameelaa

Lameelaa Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Manolas might gonto a PL team.
    I saw news that he told ninja he should go to England.

Java65 repped this.
  11. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just read his comments. Let him go to EPL so he can experience CL frustration there instead of at Roma

mancini30 and romanista8910 repped this.
  12. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Meh we have a wide assortment of young players right at home who can be even better than him for a fraction of the price. He wants to go, let him.

Java65 repped this.
  13. mancini30

mancini30 Member+

Jul 20, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    TBH I have never get the hype on Mano, he is kinda brainless on and off the pitch.
    All he got is pace, and I hope we cash on him on the same speed this summer.

Java65 repped this.
  14. Shen-O

Shen-O Guest

Please sell Manolas. Get rid of Verm any way possible.

15. mancini30

mancini30 Member+

Jul 20, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yes kick Verm back and sign Gonzalo Rodriguez or Kolasinic on free.

Java65 and ErPupone repped this.
  16. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [
    This may be what happens. Pallotta said we are going to start keeping our young players and developing them. I'm all for giving Marchizza or Nani a chance.

romanista8910 repped this.
  17. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    On this tangent, whatever became of Capradossi?

18. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Published on March 21st.

Winger Juan Manuel Iturbe started and played the first 70 minutes of Torino’s 2-2 draw with Inter Milan on Saturday, grabbing an assist in the match.
    Iturbe also took one shot - which was on target - put in six crosses and made four key passes. His assist came early in the second half, as he set up teammate Afriyie Acquah at the edge of the box to momentarily put Torino ahead.
    Iturbe now has an assist in three consecutive matches, giving him three assists in nine league appearances for Torino.
    His next league match is on Saturday 1 April against Udinese.
    Other performances of note…
    Centre-back Tiago Casasola started and played all 90 minutes of Trapani’s 4-0 victory over Bari on Saturday, recording an assist in the match. He now has one goal and one assist in 22 Serie B appearances this season.
    Midfielder Pepin was substituted on in the 79th minute of Lugano’s 2-0 defeat to BSC Young Boys on Sunday, making his debut for the club.
    Winger Federico Ricci was substituted on in the 69th minute of Sassuolo’s 3-1 defeat to Roma on Sunday.
    Winger Daniele Verde started and played the first 55 minutes of Avellino’s 1-1 draw with Novara on Saturday.
    Elsewhere…
    Goalkeeper Lukasz Skorupski started and played all 90 minutes of Empoli’s 3-2 defeat to Napoli on Sunday.
    Centre-back Norbert Gyomber started and played all 90 minutes of Terek Grozny’s 1-0 defeat to CSKA Moscow on Sunday.
    Forward Kevin Mendez was substituted on in the 62nd minute of Lausanne-Sport’s 1-0 victory over Vaduz on Sunday.
    Centre-back Elio Capradossi started and played the first 45 minutes of Bari’s 4-0 defeat to Trapani on Saturday.
    Midfielder Matteo Ricci started and played the first 57 minutes of Perugia’s 3-1 victory over Benevento on Friday.
    Midfielder Lorenzo Vasco started and played the first 34 minutes of Fidelis Andria’s 1-0 defeat to Siracusa on Sunday.
    Centre-back Mattia Rosato started and played all 90 minutes of Lupa Roma’s 1-0 defeat to Prato on Saturday.
    Winger Marco Frediani started and played all 90 minutes of Ancona’s 2-0 defeat to Pordenone on Sunday.
    Full-back Massimo Sammartino was substituted on in the 74th minute of Pistoiese’s 3-1 victory over Cremonese on Saturday.
    Winger Giammario Piscitella was substituted on in the 63rd minute of Prato’s 1-0 victory over Lupa Roma on Saturday.
    Not involved...
    Goalkeeper Tomas Svedkauskas (Catanzaro), goalkeeper Ionut Pop (Fidelis Andria), centre-back Ervin Zukanovic (Atalanta), full-back Moustapha Seck (Carpi), full-back Andrea Paolelli (Viterbese), midfielder Christian D’Urso (Carpi), winger Jacopo Ferri (Messina), winger Franck Cedric (Catanzaro), forward Sadiq Umar (Bologna).

Indian_Gladiator and shiboboo repped this.
  19. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see we're already practicing our jilted lover speeches on Manolas. The guy left his hometown club for their rival. He was never staying here. Let's not start pretending he's run of the mill.

Oban14, ErPupone, Shen-O and 2 others repped this.
  21. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea, he's a great player without a doubt and I'm not going to pretend he's not. He's not irreplaceable but he's going to be missed for sure.

romanista8910 repped this.
  22. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wm72 repped this.
  23. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've read that he has to buy out his contract at Sevilla for a couple mil, but that's peanuts if you think he's the real deal.

24. JoãozinhoFutebol

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This is such great news

Java65 repped this.
  25. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know. I'm more excited about Monchi than I have been for a player. Finally a ds that can turn a profit AND build a team.