Monchi Business

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Mar 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    His assist today was just an easy pass to Acquah who pulled off a wonderful shot. But he's getting playing time lately and his performances are solid (yet nothing special). Guess they won't pay the 12.5m but maybe 8-10 if he takes a paycut.

2. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Serie A Champions Juventus are reportedly keeping tabs on Manchester United defender Matteo Darmian.
    According to Ilbianconero, Juventus have been monitoring the 27-year-old for quite some time, as they are looking for candidates who can add more quality to their already impressive defensive roster. It is likely that he is being considered to replace the Patrice Evra, who left for Marseille in January.

Darmian was a reported to be a January target for the Serie A Champions as well as their rivals Inter Milan, with whom he was rumoured to have agreed personal terms with. However, neither of those move materialised, but it is likely that he will be offloaded in the summer.

The Italian international made his first appearance for Jose Mourinho’s side this term in the first leg of their EFL Cup semi-final tie against Hull City in October, bringing an end to his exile. Overall, he has made 17 appearances for Manchester United this term, 10 of which have been in the Premier League.

Java65 repped this.
  3. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :cry: ... this is who we should have gotten last summer. He could play RB, LB and in a 3 back formation, oh yea, and he's Italian. We missed our chance last summer.

romanista8910 repped this.
  4. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly at this point anything over 6 and Roma should take it.

Capitan Futuro repped this.
  5. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why take an Italian defender who can defend when you can have a non-italian defender who can't defend but scored an amazing goal against Juventus once?

6. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This has been my problem with all our signings, we go for the flashy attack minded players that all the 13 year olds want to have in their bloody FIFA, whether you blame Sabatini's love for young South American boys, or the Americani strategy of buy cheap, hope they shine and sell at a profit.

I admit I had much higher hopes for Peres, and I did want him here at Roma but I would've much more preferred Darmian... and what irks me the most is that eh is rotting on the Man U bench and Man U only paid £12.7m for him which is roughly what we paid for Bruno Peres after bonuses...

It is this kind of signings that have cost us everything , Rudi's magical year it was him, Spalletti's incredible run, same thing.

And here is and ITALIAN international apparently not good enough for us...

Imagine those Lyon games with this kind of defending... and crosses... and above all IQ:

If the rumours of Spalletti's falling off with managent are true over the January mercato, then @LordNelson might have a point... I mean Inter were this close to signing him a couple months ago for a £900k loans and £12.5m permanency.

Oban14 and Java65 repped this.
  7. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In fairness he scored 2 against Juve. ;)

My point isn't to bash anyone but to point out that while Darmian isn't flashy he's a guy that had proven himself to be a very good FB in Serie A. Played well for Torinio in the EL.

8. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully those days are over. I really hope that JP meant it when he said that we aren't loaning/selling our good young players anymore and watch them become good players for other teams. They can provide depth and help Roma, not other clubs. Massara said he wants this team to be more "Italian".

For the record I don't want a player that is Italian over a better foreign player. I just don't want an unproven foreign player over an Italian. IMO, the height of this insanity was Gerson. When we paid 16 mil for a kid that didn't do anything in Brazil that's nuts. We could have probably gotten a guy like Baselli for near that.

porreca repped this.
  9. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Gerson was pure Sabatini insanity. Glad that's over now.

Java65 repped this.
  10. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And I think Peres can have his place as well. I just don't think we need him. I think a lot of the criticism has been harsh on him at times and with another year at Roma under his belt hell be better but a Darmian Florenzi rotation or combination sounds better to me than Florenzi Peres.

11. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My point last year why I thought Darmian was a better choice was that he gave you something different than Florenzi. Even is Peres improves he gives you exactly the same thing as Florenzi, an attacking wing player with defensive decencies.

porreca and romanista8910 repped this.
  12. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    "Manolas agrees with inter." I don't doubt it

14. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Roma are insane if they sell him to Inter. I get him wanting to go to a big club but unless Inter are willing to pay 70 mil Roma should tell them to pound sand.

15. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'd sell him, but not to inter and for no less than 60m

Java65 and romanista8910 repped this.
  16. Indian_Gladiator

Sep 4, 2014
    Kolkata
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    India
  17. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    What's to worry about? He didn't say give me grey skies and rain.

Oban14, Shen-O, Haakon24 and 2 others repped this.
  18. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think if anything that's a damning statement in regards to moving to the EPL. Unless somebody is moving the entire island, the UK isn't getting any sunnier.

IMO, what Radja is saying is that he wants to be at Roma but they need to give him a competitive salary. If Chelsea come through with a crazy offer to Roma and they decide to sell him there isn't much he can do. That's my take but I could be reading it wrong.

19. Marco9

Marco9 Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Those Manolas to Inter rumors are starting to worry me a bit. It reminds me of the pjanic to rube early links and how we all laughed at that like we have been now at the Manolas rumors...

20. JoãozinhoFutebol

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Looks like we're going to have a lot of money to spend with Manolas, Paredes and all the dead weight being sold

21. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I remember pjanic saying in nicer words that Manolas was borderline retarded so maybe there is some truth in the inter rumour.

ErPupone, wm72, Shen-O and 1 other person repped this.
  22. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get what you're saying but for the life of me why would Manolas leave to go to Inter. At least Juve are a much bigger club and going to advance in the CL every year. Inter can't even get in the CL. Inter are fighting for a EL spot, ffs.

Indian_Gladiator and Oban14 repped this.
  23. Marco9

Marco9 Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Dont u know that they re about to sign Messi, its common knowledge now

Java65 and whill4 repped this.
  24. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma