Summer is Coming.... the Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Feb 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Does Dybala wear adidas? If so, they should have renewed his contract and got him to wear the no. 10.

2. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I see Adi-Das trying to spread their "stars" around.

Mino U didn't have a world marketable star until Pogs arrived and now they have helped orchestrate a "star" for one of their top clubs, they will sell a ton of Pogba jerseys, and they get to keep the lions share of that money.

If they got Dybala to switch to #10, they could have resold all of his jerseys plus slot him in as the marketing "star" for Juve going forward. Now 2 of their top tier clubs have stars to sell as opposed to only 1 before.

3. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    This info, if accurate, is interesting in as much as it helps explain why Bepe didn't have a top replacement lined up for Pogba if they planned on keeping him this year and selling him next year.

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No they don't, Adidas gets the great majority of the sale. Over 80%.

5. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Reread my post.

I was talking about Adidas! I actually posted an article a few weeks ago that stated exactly what you just said.

That is why it is in Adidas's financial interests to spread the stars around to their top clubs, especially young marketable stars.

That was the whole point of my post!

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You started your sentence with Mino U, then kept the run on sentence going about shirt sales. Hence why it seemed like you were referencing ManU

7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    juveeer repped this.
  8. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    juveeer repped this.
  9. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Interesting tidbit on Licht's situation going forward:

"...

THE CLAUSE OF LICHTSTEINER:
    The key factor in the move could be Juve’s Swiss defender Stephen Lichtsteiner who is under contract until 2017 but who has a clause which allows the bianconeri to extend his deal by a further 12 months thus making sure they don’t lose him on a free-transfer. So if anyone wants to buy the 32-year-old (such as Inter in the last window) they will have to pay the clause if Juventus decides to activate their option...."

10. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  11. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    From what I saw yesterday, I do not want him. Maybe when Marchisio returns to gli Azzurri, he will finally shine. But he was a non-factor for the match yesterday.

12. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Well...he was instrumental in setting up the first goal.

gumbacicc repped this.
  13. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    By passing it to a wide open Antonelli? The left side was clear with two players unmarked. Let's not make more of it than what it was. All of us want to see Verratti succeed. Making every touch of his on the ball as manna falling from heaven is not going to do it.

14. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    So Veratti is your whipping boy du jour?

St. Michael's Sword and Baggionero repped this.
  15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Verratti is my boy of hope for gli Azzurri but I have yet to see him meet my expectations. Perhaps those expectations are too high and he is nothing more than a good player.

juveeer repped this.
  16. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw something on espnfc indicating that Lukaku rejected a move to Juve. A bit odd unless it was after we pick up Higuain. Regardless, probably for the best we signed Higuain over Lukaku.

17. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Of course we're better off, who the ******** is Lukaku? At least with Higuain we have a guy who broke a serie A scoring record

Afghan-Juventus and juveeer repped this.
  18. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Also beat a pizza eating record as well.

19. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Those are the only two records broken by a Napoli player for a long time.

Calcio Pauly, phat and juventino13 repped this.
  20. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Lukaku is overrated shite. The 60m euros that Everton wanted for him makes the 90m we spent on Higuain look like a bargain.
    That's what Juventini were saying about him last season. Funny how Nipolitani didn't seem to notice his weight at that time.

21. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The day Mino Raiola gets a heart attack and dies, I'm celebrating. He's doing his best to screw us out of signing a professional deal with the best U-17 striker on the planet (Moise Kean).

22. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  23. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its better we forget him. It'll be the same circus clown show as Pogba if we do sign him. I rather we focus on real targets than to be some show case platform for the fat ass to raise the stock of his players to be sold to the sharks.

scirea6 repped this.
  24. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nah we noticed.

25. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If Raiola is already demanding a higher wage package for Moise Kean than we are willing to offer for a player who is only signing his first professional contract, then we should drop him like a bad habit and run for the hills.

I don't care how much potential Kean has; he's proven nothing and done nothing to earn anything more than we're willing to pay him. Physically, he's a monster, which has given him a huge advantage throughout his youth career. That won't be the case in Serie A, and until it is, there is no justification for either the player or his agent to make any kind of wage demand.

And even if does perform in Serie A like he did in the Primavera, then all that means is another transfer circus in 3-4 years time (if we're lucky). I don't care if he turns out to be the next Cristiano Ronaldo, it's simply not worth all the bullshit that will follow. Not for a 17 year-old.

Daei_10 repped this.