Summer 2019 - The Zizou Revolution Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 2018-2019 season is over. An extremely consequential transfer window is upon us. This warrants a new thread.

Already coming:

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 2.51.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 2.50.50 PM.png

Possible Transfers:

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 2.53.33 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 2.53.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 2.54.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 2.55.04 PM.png

Bring on the Revolution!!!!

Shay Z, -Reivax-, Lyra and 8 others repped this.
  2. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 3.00.32 PM.png

Vamos Zizou! Lead us to Glory!

petros93, Vector-SS, Bear Crotch and 7 others repped this.
  3. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
  4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Subs. Let's hope for a lot of activity.

natenate101 and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  5. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Zizoulution" would have been better. Thread title is shit per the usual.

6. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  7. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No lies detected

8. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Mbappe's camp was apparantly already in talks with PSG to extend his contract, I took his timed words more like contract negotiations than actually him possibly trying to get a transfer. Don't see him as a possible target at all, apart from the one he's painting on himself to get a better deal. (as if PSG would sell a player if he wanted to leave)

I'm a bit divided by the Kroos contract extension. On one hand an in-form Kroos can be invaluable to the team, on the other hand he has been one of the players which has shown a downward spiral in form. We're hearing about changes, yet we are keeping one of the players who is a reason for people to want changes. I don't know. So far I'm leaning a bit more towards it's a good thing to have extended, considering he's still 'only' 29 and can obviously play better than he has shown.

I think Jovic and Hazard are pretty sure bets. Mendy seems likely. I think we'll only go for Pogba if we can include Bale in the deal, I don't see us paying what Manchester want, knowing we'll be paying for other players as well this transfer period and we want to keep to the ffp rules.

9. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Crazy to think how little confidence I have in the current team that I’m looking at all those signings and thinking that another midfielder is necessary on top of all those moves.

PigBenis, Anon., meringues and 3 others repped this.
  10. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Subs. Shit title.

@Doni I agree completely. We need at least one if not two signings in the middle. I think we get one this summer and one next.

meringues, Doni, Drouchk and 1 other person repped this.
  11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Old transfer thread had more than 10k posts in less than a year...

Nathanial Essex and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  12. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many will this summer thread get?

13. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Probably around 4-5k for the 3 summer months only, more than that if we keep it open longer :D.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Don't we usually go back to the smaller threads during the summer?

15. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hazard, Jovic, Eriksen, Mendy, and a good LB (I know nothing about Mendy) would be a good summer.

But it could be even better IMHO.

I maintain the club should not overpay Chelski for Hazard.

Marcelo could be great again but he needs to be pushed hard. Same with Kroos.

16. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got dibs on the over 10 transfer threads.

17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    FFP is not an issue for us. They consider three year period and our net spent combined in last two seasons is positive. Utd have had three year period where their net spent is 400 ME+. So it's not an issue for clubs with top revenue.

I'd go for Hazard, Jovic, Pogba, Eriksen or Lo Celso and Mendy.

Prit Javier and Anon. repped this.
  18. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Give me Hazard , Jovic and Mendy and I ll be very happy with this transfer period.

I know this will be an onpopular opinion but I think Casemiro is a problem if we keep Kroos and Modric. All we do is look at Modric and Kroos imo and their so called inabilities. I know Case is a great CDM but I feel playing him we should go for two attacking midfielders . And if we don't we shouldn't play him at all. Play 3 CM's .

Prit Javier repped this.
  19. Whiteboard

Whiteboard Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    While i get people wanting midfielders that can add goals/assists i really feel like an energetic box to box should be a priority, midfield wise. Someone like an ndombele.
    We're absolutely horrendous on the defensive transition phase.
    We need someone who's got the athletic ability to track midfield/fullback runners.

Do we need more goals, yes but we also need to do a lot better on the defensive side if we actually want to win something or at the very least challenge until the end.

20. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That right side is a big worry for me. You can't go into the season with Asensio as your starter. And the more I think about it, the more I think Vincius should come off the bench next season. He's a game changer off the bench, and it takes pressure off of him as well. We forget he's 18; you have people writing him off for his shooting when his second professional season was with the biggest club in the world.

The only legitimate options for the right seem to be Nicolas Pepe and Sancho, and we haven't been really linked with either. If that's the case, then I think you go for three midfielders. Eriksen would be a priority in that scenario, one of Pogba or Ndombele, and a cheaper option on the bench. I'd seriously consider Rabiot for that last spot; especially if he fired his mother as his agent. He'd be free, and the experience hopefully humbled him, and he's a decent box to box player.

You'd have Benz up front with Hazard and Eriksen slotted behind him, and Kroos/Pogba/Casemiro in the midfield. Isco, Rabiot, and Fede on the bench, Modric would be sold. Asensio, Rodrigo/Brahim, VJ, and Jovic would be the options for upfront on the bench. I think that gives you a very strong "B team", something that I think Zidane would look to implement again.

meringues repped this.
  21. Mbappe2018

Mbappe2018 Member

Real Madrid
    France
    Aug 15, 2018

22. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Emery says that back in 2017, Mbappe had no doubts about going to Real Madrid, that he wanted to come with his eyes closed. But he and the PSG group managed to convince him to stay in France.

23. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    Zidane and Modric have a special relationship. He was the first coach to talk to him as a future golden ball contender when he took the team in 2016.
    The maestro came back exhausted after a 3rd champions league in a row a world cup final in a team that became weaker.

If he is used well and when needed in a good team that got depth he will still be important next year when spring comes.

For the right wing, sign Ziyech could be great.

Hazard Jovic Ziyech would be an amaizing frontline.

Prit Javier repped this.
  24. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    As soon as Mbappe signed to PSG he offered himself to them till the end of his contract.
    Being involved in the first champions league that PSG would win and make history tempted him.
    But in 2 seasons with neymar and others they did not do better than Zlatan's psg.

25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto

Anon., Saeta Rubia, Stiliyan and 3 others repped this.