Summer 2019 - The Zizou Revolution Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  2. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If he plays like he did with Porto he's gonna be an upgrade over Varane too.

3. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm pretty much thinking the same. As it stands, on current form, he looks superior to Varane.

Hopefully the better player will start next season.

Eddie and rhexis07 repped this.
  4. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh? The poster said he looks a GOOD player and that he will provide competition. Didn't say Militao will start or usurp Varane or Ramos. All indications are that he is a promising young player. Nothing unreasonable.

HZinho, PigBenis, Pundorikakho and 9 others repped this.
  5. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree, 60m for Jovic is still relatively cheap in the current market. As shocking as that sounds, there’s so many clubs out that that could blow that figure out of the water for him. We will need Jovic to really dig his heels in if we want him to choose us, but don’t be surprised if we end up paying 65-70m for him.

saadomar, Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  6. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So we could sign Mbappe, Jovic and Joa Felix and we would still see this as the starting lineup for the first game. Hazard - Benz - Lucas Vasquez

Eddie repped this.
  7. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I would not wait for this Jovic deal. I understand the haggling but I'd prefer if we'd just wrap this deal up.

saadomar, Anon. and Yannick Relens repped this.
  8. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    As someone said if Eintracht makes it too difficult they will be in the same situation that Lazio faced with SMS. Keeping a semi-motivated player that will leave for less a year later.

9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    If we do that then every team we negotiate will follow suit and increase their valuations significantly.

If Jovic wants to come, he's coming. Cristiano only wanted Madrid so it didn't matter how Manchester acted. All that's important is Jovic and what he desires.

Eintracht negotiated in bad faith. They leaked out bid and are attempting to use it as a foundation to drive interest and force us to increase it.

Vector-SS, saadomar, Anon. and 1 other person repped this.
  10. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Three options with this youngster.

1) Bring him as 4th CB and get rid of both Nacho and Vallejo.

2) Activate the clause and loan him to boost his value.

3) Activate the clause and sell him, ideally with a buyback clause included.

Either way, he should be involved in our plans whether its to make money off him or to keep him with the team. The kid is consistently getting called up to the Spanish senior team.

Shay Z, saadomar, Whiteboard and 4 others repped this.
  11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    The only option is to activate his clause. I don't care what he says or how he feels about it.

From there we can see if he wants to pursue Madrid glory or if his heart lies elsewhere.

saadomar, Whiteboard, HZinho and 5 others repped this.
  12. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotta do it.

raven3k, saadomar and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  13. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Negotiation tactics out in public.

It seems some Frankfurt outlets are saying Eintracht have rejected an 85 mill bid for Jovic. El Larguero suggests this is probably not true and is a tactic to make Madrid nervous and pay up.

Anon. repped this.
  14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    RM not willing to go that far. His agents will be in Frankfurt tomorrow.

We need to stop doing generous business with any club. We loan them Vallejo, Omar and they do this shady shit. Hope none of that crap anymore.

saadomar, PigBenis, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  15. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Eintracht are desperate.

Imagine taking a guy on a loan with an option to buy and not being grateful he helped you so much.... you instead get money hungry trying to extort his preferred destination.

We should stay put and watch Jovic turn on them. We shouldn't be held at ransom when we had an agreement in place.

If we cave now just imagine Chelsea amd Manchester? They will turn around as ask for even more right before we're about to sign

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  16. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Didn’t they do this to Barca as well?

17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Barca didn't want to go beyond 50 ME.

18. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    But there were reports that they had him locked in on a verbal agreement and his agents then decided to talk to more teams.

19. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yeah, like I said I understand that. However, it's not like 70ME is breaking the bank in this market.

20. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    According to reports they want much more than €70M.

If we fold here we'd have shown our hand and we'll be battered for every signing which doesn't have a specific buyout.

If you notice the trend of recent these clubs are becoming more and more brazen with the amount they are asking. Benfica is rumored to want €150M for Joao Felix.

Every smaller club is inflating just because they feel the bigger clubs will pay.

saadomar repped this.
  21. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Too easy to blame Frankfurt though.

The 60ME fee was spread around in Spain in particular.

For all we know, they never ever accepted to consider selling him for 60ME.

Spanish press is famous for spreading wrong fees that make spanish clubs look like they are masters of business.

22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    They were the ones who leaked this information.

They just finalized his transfer lucky enough that Benfica gave them the forced putchase option.

Instead of looking a gift horse in the mouth they should be grateful and work in good faith. Not leak information consistently and basiclly go to the media begging for other bids to start a war.

23. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To think we lent them a valuable defender a few seasons ago in Vallejo and this is how they repay Real Madrid. They can look elsewhere in the future if they wanna borrow a talented young prospect. We'll lend to BvB and Bayer Leverkusen.

24. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The risk of assuming that Jovic wants Real Madrid puts them in the same risky situation that Mbappe had with them.

If anybody can pay enough and convince Jovic enough with a better pay and a prominent role, RM risks losing out on the biggest summer transfer target after Hazard.

I'll be the first to admit it: a lotta people scoffed at the idea of paying 160 million for a U-21 Mbappe. It could turn out to be one of the worst missed opportunities of the century. Another 10 million for Jovic (at 70 ME) is reasonable should there genuinely be other, bigger bids. But RM should name their price and hold firm.

25. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's crazy that the aftereffects of PSG and Man City saying "eff you" to the FFP is still being felt to this day. They fundamentally broke the market and now unless you're funded by an oil state, you're hoping for scraps being left behind by them. They cherry pick what they want, and if they're feeling nice, you may get to be second choice.

Florentino has said time and again that we cannot compete against the treasuries of oil states. It's just not gonna work, and pretty much EVERY SINGLE article out there mentions PSG and Man City being in the mix to try and pickup players. It's a common tactic now by agents and selling teams now to inflate prices. Florentino's scared to the bone of angering PSG because he witnessed their wrath upon Barcelona. He knows Real Madrid no longer rules the transfer market.

You can now call their bluff and hope you're right. Or risk having to overpay for a player of lesser quality as a desperation purchase.