Summer 2019 - The Zizou Revolution Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane came back and I giving time to Marcelo, Isco, Asensio, Lucas, while we're sending away everybody else. Even seeing the lineup was a punch in the stomach.

What did Zidane want to change that we didn't? The League starts in less than a month. Zidane said we have to pick it up, and boy do we have to.

2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Time will tell, I will give him the benefit of a season not just one preseason game, I too am disappointed in some of the decisions he’s made so far but I cannot really write off the team before the season has even started and surely not from one preseason game, I am not enjoying, Marcelo, Marco, Isco or Lucas but, not sure I would have enjoyed Gareth either , I am not panicking yet, and the whole team cannot realistically be refreshed in one go,

3. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    You haven't reached sceptical once since his return. You're just negative, everything sucks, you say that the alternatives for midfield suck and then turn around and act sarcastic when we start with the same midfield. I've always liked and respected your opinion but since Zidanes return you've changed for the worse.

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    My opinion is how much more do you need to look at this lineup and these players to figure out that it's not working anymore?

People speculating on twitter that he fielded the old team on purpose to put pressure on the club to bring Pogba in. Like this is what we'll get if we don't bring in the player he wants.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So far, yes. Zidane came back with the signal being on change, but since he returned, the signal is on "change one or two players but keep it mostly the same". Same lineup, same shape, same tactical idea.

6. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You've become too negative, and you've lost your sense of humor.

I think you should take a break.

ImadEdd repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I need to figure out a way to enjoy losing then.

8. Airjao

Airjao Member

Real Madrid
    Mar 23, 2014

While I agree totally, I don't see how this relates to what Zidane said possibly affecting our leverage in negotiations with Bale's transfer.

9. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Where did you get the quote that he leaves within 24-48 hours? All I can read and hear from the vid on AS, is that he says IF he leaves tomorrow; the better.

We just made any potential buying club, and Bale's (if he wants us to pay a part of his current salary) position around the negotiating table much better with this decision and the press conference after. Because we're clearly (now also out in the open) trying to force him out.

4x4s repped this.
  10. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    You're forgetting Isco.

11. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    I keep telling it . We need a world class right winger. Offload Isco and Vazquez.

That line up yesterday wth.

12. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    From this tweet, you think they made that up?

13. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    After watching this game, our very first pre season game this year, I think we might get relegated next season, I mean, it’s like very worrying and stuff.

14. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The live vid can be found here.

Despite below the article the "quote" says "No sé si en 24 o 48 horas" which is apparantly a very loose quotation, because he doesn't actually say that in the vid itself.

If there's another vid where he says that, ok. But from what I can see here he didn't, he only said if/hopefully he leaves.

15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Isco wasn't bad last night and i think that he would be a valuable sub, like he has always been.

Anon., Mimadridsta, Stiliyan and 3 others repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We started like we finished last season. By playing the same lineup we apparently brought Zidane back to change. We'll see how we lineup in the coming weeks. We might play Bayern again in Munich at the Audi Cup in two weeks.

17. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    "Wasn't bad"

There you have it.

18. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You didn't even watch the game, but we started like we finished last season lol. First half was actually good with a lot of positives.

Drouchk repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If you really work those brain cells you'll understand that I mean the personnel.

First Zidane came back to give everybody a chance but didn't. Then we went into preseason with a new team but start the old one.

There's a few more weeks until the start of the season but at what point are we going to assume that certain players will belong to Zidane's core until they retire?

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  20. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It seems it's the other way around, if you had more than 1 cell you would realize it's just one game, let's watch the rest of the preseason before you start shitting on Zidane. But it was expected of course, you have been waiting this whole summer for us to lose, now you are here basically celebrating, you fell off.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane himself said that she used the end run of last season to assess the players, how much more "assessing" does this lineup need?

You mistake "expecting" with "wanting".

I want us to win but I don't believe what Zidane has done so far is putting us in the right direction.

22. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If that's the case, then I'm fully behind Zidane. We were in terrible shape when Benitez was here, Zidane stepped in and won 3 CL's in a row (including a double). What happened after the 3rd win is everyone's guess, so I won't judge anyone on that (the club nor Zidane). We - once again - were in a terrible spot and got knocked out by freakin Ajax in our own stadium and at risk of even missing CL football this season (our momentum was terrible, the other teams were close enough..). No manager wanted to step into a snake pit, but Zidane (after the club asked him) came back. He was willing to return, but also had some specific requests. The club agreed and was comfortable in satisfying these requests. In that respect, it's perfectly normal that he wants to have his desired option(s) and it would be incredibly strange that Zidane and club are not aligned (as you suggest in your post).

Anyway, you are in auto-pilot 'sceptical-mode' (more negative-mode) re Zidane, so it doesn't even make sense to try having a discussion about it. But hey...here we are.

Anon. and AriGold repped this.
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Conte (who I don't like) wanted to take over but wanted changes that the club was not ready to make. It all depends really. If signing Pogba and Hazard and selling Bale is all it takes to give Zidane everything he wants, do it tomorrow morning and judge him based on results. No excuses.

24. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This also depends, no? Which results? Because it seems that some are judging after one pre-season game.

Also: I don't know what Zidane's requests were, but I'm sure it wasn't as simple as 'signing Pogba and Hazard and selling Bale'.

Halycon repped this.
  25. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is just preseason. Imagine how he will be when we lose one of our first games, probably waiting for it.

Drouchk repped this.