Summer 2019 - The Zizou Revolution Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don’t want either player dropped. I don’t know where you’re getting this from. I simply stated neither will be regardless and that’s the truth.

2. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every team in the world would want Jovic or Militao. Yes, it remains to be seen how much they will be used right away, but I suspect they will get plenty of playing time and make a serious impact immediately.

It's hard to top 2009, but this is as close as it gets.

3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Wait, you went from him not getting 1500 minutes to him being a sub. Who cares? You don't think he knows that?

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I love the narrative that Zidane is running the show when it comes to Pogba and James, but we signed a striker for 60M that he isn't planning to use.

5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Anything to paint him in a negative light.

Ahmadi8, Anon., AriGold and 2 others repped this.
  6. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In your opinion, who should we have signed this summer?

7. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #5357 robnycus, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Atletico has signed more players that us I believe and they may end up with James.
    We need at least another CM and I would rather get another RW to not have to play the unqualified players that we currently have for that position, unless Zidane’s plan is to give the RW spot to Vini. Yes, the bench matters if you want to compete in all fronts and those guys are not RM quality even for the bench because when injuries happen some of them would need to start games and that will be a problem as we saw last season.

If that happens I would consider it a great transfer window addressing all of our weak points..

8. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He's done it before. He was picking Benzema over Morata even though at that time Morata was in better form and was outperforming him.

Ditto for James, who was outperforming Asensio and Lucas in the league but was being left off the CL squads.

I disagree on the Morata part. He is more like Benzema than Higuain.

Not a silky smooth finisher or fox in the box, but more of a target player who can win the ball in the air, links up play by shielding/holding the ball and laying off to wings/midfield.

Higuain can do those things to but he is better utilized running behind the defense rather than with his back to goal, like Jovic.

9. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You can look at it this way, or you can say that we had 3 very obvious weaknesses in the team and we addressed them (LB, CB, ST), no spark and pace in attack which we replenished with 4 of the most talented young wingers in the world, and an inconsistent and disjointed attack leader being replaced by someone who ran Chelsea's attack almost singlehandedly for 6 seasons. We have one last area for upgrade and that is Modric's role in midfield, and it seems that we plan on investing on a top player there, and it remains to be seen if we have any plan Bs if Pogba doesnt work out.

If the summer ends with us signing Pogba or another top player, we have 10 positions with an at least top 5 in the world calibre player, and 5 (Asensio, VJ, Rodrygo, Kubo, Brahim) players who can fight for that last spot. On top of that, we have solid backups for every position.

Expecting us to sell our entire team and start with 11 new players is super reactionary, and basically giving up on a fairly young team that just achieved the unachievable. I am not sure how else you wouldve expected this summer to go?

10. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Damn if Zidane can get Bale and James back to their best it would be one of his biggest accomplishments (considering most think its impossible).

The 3CL is legendary but but there are questions about what he has left to prove and how his second stint will turn out.

This will be the second time he takes a bad situation and makes it better, would be fantastic for the club if he can get it done.

11. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You call this a revolution. We signed Hazard who is way past due and has been Zidane's priority for almost ten years, that's probably the only change to the starting eleven so far despite spending a combined 100ME on two defenders.

Meanwhile he can't get his new favorite player to come (Pogba) and he can't get the players he hates to leave (Bale, James, Ceballos).

You are right that none of us have any clue about what Zidane is planning. We know he isn't getting what he wants though.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  12. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Nah Morata is nothing like Benzema, he is a better dribbler than Higuain but he is not the link up play and passes type of strikers, you give them the ball and run he will turn every time instead of laying it off.
    Morata’s number one priority is scoring at all times which is why he isn’t compatible with CR.

13. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    The issue being dynamic upfront has changed substantially with CR7 gone. Jović seems like a natural replacement, supported by Benzema and Hazard.

14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    madridista_hr, Anon. and Drouchk repped this.
  15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Can't wait to see them together.

Anon. and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    135 mil. is allegedly our final offer for Pogba. The ball is now at the player's Court, club will not press the issue any more.

17. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Says who?

18. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
  19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    This doesn't even kind of make sense.

I'm beginning to wonder just how stupid these guys who cover sports are in Spain.

Mimadridsta, Anon., saadomar and 3 others repped this.
  20. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    @Ayayain will be happy to explain. :D

Anyways I think it’s just a matter of time on Eriksen.

21. RMNYC

RMNYC Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 19, 2019
    It's not stupidity if you know you will make money spending 5 minutes conconting nonsense and posting it online. Stupidity is those who believe it

Nathanial Essex and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  22. RMNYC

RMNYC Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 19, 2019
    I hope that 135m take or it leave is real. Not sure it is. Pogba has been my no 1 for a long time but we need another midfielder and if United want to be dumb and not accept a big offer so be it. They will regret it but they're a club run by mongoloids.

Get Erikssen and call it a day

23. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah this is kind of where I am too. Would love to have Pogba but if we can’t get him just sign Eriksen and move on, even though I’m not really convinced he’s truly what we need (unless the club’s scouts think there’s an underappreciated off-radar player out there we can add instead). From my perspective midfield is sort of a problem without a solution right now, which is why it’s so interesting to see what the club is going to do.

I agree that Utd should probably take 135m if we offer it but then again in England that seems to buy you a bag of chips these days, so I understand their reluctance to sell such a talent.

Anon. repped this.
  24. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    download.jpeg

25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid