Summer 2019 - The Zizou Revolution Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    @yoanaidarov

UEFA defines locally-trained or 'homegrown' players as those who, regardless of their nationality, have been trained by their club or by another club in the same national association for at least three years between the age of 15 and 21.

S1na, yoanaidarov and Shay Z repped this.
  2. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    They've taken some of the shine off it, especially so if they sign Neymar.

But I don't really care tbh, just as long as we beat them lol

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  3. Ninho29

Ninho29 Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Definitely a big part of the reason they signed him... Madrid was running away with one of the best summer transfer market in a long time. They had to react... Although, this may all back fire on them.

As it should... :)

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  4. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Barca signed Griezmann back in March technically so I doubt it.

Anon., S1na and Mimadridsta repped this.
  5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    So now it matters when the club wants to keep a player?

Didn't we want to keep Cristiano according to you?

6. white_raid

white_raid Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    We've so far had a good, but not great transfer window. I think that apart from a world-class midfielder we still lack another goal threat from the right wing and it's probable that we won't get that upgrade at least until next summer (best case scenario, Vinicius or Rodrygo explode so nothing is needed).

S1na and temesgen repped this.
  7. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    I'm more in line with this sentiment.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We broke the transfer record for Ronaldo. From what I've seen, they've even set their price beneath the transfer record this time so it should be fine right?

Funny enough we had a formal agreement with Monaco to pay 180 for Mbappe but step away from Pogba at the same price.

9. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    No of this has anything to do with the context; "Newsflash, they wanted to keep the player".

Also, you can't even kind of compare the cost of a forward to a midfielder.

Regardless you were against buying Mbappe then at that price no differently then you are against buying Pogba now at any price.

Shay Z repped this.
  10. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Then why don’t they mention those 2 players. I’m not saying you guys are wrong, I’m just wondering what their rules are.

11. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    I got it from here

https://www.uefa.com/news/newsid=943393.html

/shrug lol

Shay Z repped this.
  12. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Lewa is staring at retirement in the face and looking at life after football didn't want to burn his bridges in Germany where he'll be remembered as a "BundisLegend."

Dembele still has a chance to do much better than that with his career, and already has WC, La Liga and blockbuster Barca transfer on his resume.

13. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Crimson repped this.
  14. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Relax with the exaggerations. Nothing has given us this impression. A week from now you will say Zizou left Montreal to go back to Spain as protest because Florentino was saying no to Pogba.

If we were as desperate as you claim we are we would have paid the asking price and brought him to Canada with us. So no.

I don't get your dislike for Pogba. And this isn't something new or just because he is linked to us now. You've had it in for him for years. I don't know if you yearn for the "good old days" when players showed up, played their sport and left and never showed any personality or promoted themselves. Every athlete worth their name is doing it. So he is active on IG and twitter and does funny commercials. It's all about branding now and has been for a while. You might have a preference for the scruffy bearded player who doesn't care about his image and just plays and goes home but that is not how pro sports are now. You need to make peace with that. You hated on Cristiano for the same reasons and championed Higuaín because he didn't care. Now Pipita has a beer belly and Cristiano is still winning trophies. Why judge players on their self promotion or grooming habits? If you are good enough to have a big name take advantage of it. Make that money. Nothing wrong with it.

United have the unhappy player who has asked to be sold. United have seen what a disengaged Pogba looks like on the pitch. United are the one paying his huge wages. United are the one who lose out on a transfer fee the more times gets knocked off his contract. All their fans and ex players want him out and blame him. You want to see it as some sort of desperate need of ours. We were more desperate for Hazard hence the price we paid. We have other options for this position.

United will come to the table once the deadline gets closer. And if even then they ask for the moon I don't believe Florentino will give in.

Anon., PigBenis, Stiliyan and 4 others repped this.
  15. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He's better for France than ManU that's for sure but he's got even more cover than he did at Juve. Kante and Matuidi behind him and Griezman and Mbappe in front. We're talking about a team the can leave Benzema at home a go to the Euro and WC finals without breaking a sweat.

We know he can't carry a team, isn't a match winner and isn't worth anywhere close to his rumored transfer price.

If the fee is reasonable he will be a hit, if not I can see the transfer being labeled a failure.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Then again Lewandowski has his shit together while Dembele left a luxury accommodation looking like a trap house when he left Germany.

Crimson repped this.
  17. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    He was in the process of remodeling. Okay?

18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    FantasticSuperPost

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Left the place looking like Jesse when he hit the pipe in Breaking Bad. He's actually getting sued for it. :confused:

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Chelsea asked for 140, and got 100+30 in success based bonuses.

From experience, Manchester United will get 120+60 in bonuses.

21. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Pretty sure I remember Marcelo never counting as homegrown, just barely missing the 3-year minimum before 21. Same issue as Varane.

22. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Well if Florentino thinks its doable I won't lose one minute of sleep over it. When has he ever put us at financial risk. We just paid 130M for a player with one year left on the contract and most Madridistas were jumping for joy. Times have changed.

And I hope we can sign Pogba. Our rivals, both domestic and international are strengthening themselves and signing really good players. Pogba is a world class player who can only make us better. This is why I want Neymar here as well. A lot of teams are adding firepower. We need new players and can't be left behind.

Anon., YOUNGSTARS87 and Ssr9 repped this.
  23. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    ..Or To PSG who has now entered the picture .

24. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Did we pay 100 +30 in bonuses though? The numbers seem to always be different depending on the source.

25. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    I really don't think we have enough firepower.

Hazard is a good player, but he's not an x-factor or someone who's going to carry us to wins off his own back. The last time he was the best player in the EPL was four or five seasons ago now. At least when we bought Bale he was easily the best player, transitional, explosive and exciting.

Jovic is a good player but a complete unknown on the big stage, it's a 50/50 shot whether he'll be good for us this season.

As for the right flank, again we can rely on Asensio, as he's been better for Spain than us, which shows a good player is in there, somewhere, or hope a 19 year old learns how to shoot and improves substantially.

There's too many unknowns for my liking.

Hard to get really excited about. The only saving grace is we still have a lot of great players, albeit aging ones.

temesgen repped this.