Skillfull, Hopefully Interesting Talents: The Summer 19 Transfer Forum

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Wingtips1, Feb 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I felt there were any reason Dybala would want to come to Liverpool, I'd say it's worth the gamble... he's looked like Aguero 2.0 at times. He's versatile, he's creative, and if given chances to score he will score. Over the past few seasons he's done a better job of outperforming his xG90 stat than Aguero, so you put him in a system in which you are focused on getting him and Salah chances and that is team that is going to be scoring.

But again, he'd cost an insane amount and it's hard to see him wanting to pick up and move to the NW of England.

newterp repped this.
  2. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Due to a 2 freak accidents with Gomez... not a persistent issue with muscle injuries or anything.

That said if all parties wanted Lovren to move on this summer, I would understand.

3. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    We haven't nbeen able to get 38 games out of AOC either - yet Arsenal had no problems doing it over and over ....

4. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  5. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  6. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  7. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that's a move that makes sense.

8. Kawklee

Kawklee BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 30, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Baines would never sign for Liverpool. He's too blue.

10. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Liverpool have made contact with Benfica over a potential world-record move for Francisco Reis Ferreira, according to reports in Portugal. The 21-year-old centre-back, commonly known as Ferro, made his first-team debut for Benfica in a 10-0 thumping of Nacional last month and has been a mainstay in Bruno Lage’s team ever since.

Liverpool are reportedly among the clubs keen to pounce for the transfer of Middlesbrough wonderkid Bilal Brahimi as his future at the club looks in doubt.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is reportedly interested in signing Fiorentina star Frederico Chiesa this summer. According to Tutto Napoli, the Reds have joined the race to sign the 21-year-old alongside the likes of Juventus, Inter Milan, Bayern Munich and AS Monaco.

Callum Hudson-Odoi is edging closer to a Chelsea exit despite his starring role yesterday - putting Liverpool, Manchester United, Barcelona and Bayern Munich on high alert.
    Amongst transfer gossip, this is the worst - not a single mention why he is edging closer...

Brighton attacking midfielder Pascal Gross has spoken out on surprise suggestions that a summer switch to Liverpool could be in the offing.

Liverpool have completed the signing of a star for the future. Reds staff have been impressed by young goalkeeper Ben Winterbottom after his trial with the club. Winterbottom, 17, has now linked up with Liverpool's Under-18 side after signing from Blackburn.

Lyon are ready to sell Nabil Fekir in the summer according to L'Equipe , with a gentleman's agreement potentially taking him closer to finally completing a move to Liverpool.

Dejan Lovren has emerged as a summer target for Roma, Napoli and AC Milan.

Liverpool have lost out to Real Madrid in the chase for midfielder Adrien Rabiot.

Liverpool are set to lose youngster Bobby Adekanye to Lazio in the summer.

Liverpool are reportedly ready to make a move for Juventus forward Paulo Dybala.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  11. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Klopp has talked to Richarlison's agent about a per report from Brazil. I'd take him for the bench, but a likely 70M price tag would give me some pause.

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  12. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think he's all that great, but I haven't seen a ton of him and he does represent versatility in attack. But for 70M... hope not.

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  13. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Or maybe just an agent driving a hard bargain to get his client some improved terms. Everton would throw money at him without even thinkin'

14. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    that talk about Richarlison is total BS. His agent has made it clear he visited Klopp for personal reasons - he's the agent of a player whose dad is a close friend of Klopp.

(yes, of course I know that could be BS as well - but read the agent's explanation. it rings very true to me)

EruditeHobo repped this.
  15. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Probably , but I bet it's winding up the Bluenoses to no end :)

16. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That has pretty much been ignored by the outlets which broke the story here in Blighty.

17. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...s-close-Frenchman-came-joining-Liverpool.html

18. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    seeing a bunch of stories (echo chamber?) that Origi will be offered a new contract this summer.

good move, I think.

face it - he deserves it for THAT goal alone. :)

Red Bird repped this.
  20. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He’s not that expensive in wages but he may be a later bloomer (he says in hope!)

usscouse repped this.
  21. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he was awesome and in top form until Funes-Mori destroyed his leg. The loan spell wasn't good, but he buckled down and has been very effective when played. The 3rd goal against Bayern was started by his hard work.

problem is that he doesn't strike you as someone that is going to bag 20 goals a season - doesn't have a lot of tricks in his locker - but is big, strong and fast (seems to be the m.o. of Belgium). He has to develop more than the cut in from the left and blast a shot move (I like it mind you).

22. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm all for keeping Origi around. Yeah he's probably not going to score 20, but he's shown he can do a job as a squad player. We need those types of players to fill out the squad, so if wages are reasonable, no issue keeping him.

Wingtips1 and imasyko repped this.
  23. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Never encouraged at an early enough to add a couple of other strings to his bow since he was bigger and faster than everyone else, eh?

24. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, I think there's no harm in him staying as long as he's okay being a domestic cup/bench option. He's done well in that role this season.

25. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    watching Hazard rip WH apart last night over and over again reminded me that very very few players are truly 2-footed, and what an incredible advantage that can be.

even the very best strikers favour one foot 99% of the time ... Messi, Mo, are two good examples. Mo has scored some goals with his right but goes left almost every time. if he had more trust in his right foot he'd be a ton more difficult to defend. Ronaldo prefers his right but has taught himself how to blast 'em with either foot. Same with Suarez.

coaches of young players should do more to address this. it is a huge advantage, and while difficult, can be learned if you start early enough.

Wingtips1 and imasyko repped this.