Summa Summa Summa-Time... the Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    So the best in the world in his position?

phat and juveeer repped this.
  2. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    This is just silly. Bernardeschi is nowhere near what Del Piero was at the same age. Del Piero moved to Juve by the time he was around 18 and was a key player for Juve and one of the best in the world in his early 20s.

scirea6 repped this.
  3. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What you say is true, but don't forget that Del Piero had a whole team around him that was extremely consistent and hungry at Juventus. Bernardeschi has been at Fiorentina and Crotone for the start of his career. He scored 14 goals at the age of 20, which is about the same ADP scored at that age at Juve. And again Juventus was a world class team, Crotone was nowhere near.

Bernardeschi hardly played in the 2014-15 season, and was just starting to find his form in 15-16 season. Last season was good for him, but he belonged to a team that was horrible and had only 4 impressive games all season and even those games came with a little luck. Bernardeschi himself carried the whole team. If he and Chiesa were not on the team, Fiorentina would have finished 14th place. I believe Bernardeschi will move to a much better team for next season and will be a star. Maybe Juventus, or at least a team like Roma.

Daei_10 repped this.
  4. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #1454 scirea6, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    Baresi was the same. But again, freaks of nature the lot of them. Literally, all time greats. Theirs was not the typical career trajectory enjoyed by most central defenders.

Baggionero and juveeer repped this.
  5. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    This kid is still really raw, but he's HUGE talent. He has a great eye for goal, good with the ball at his feet, fast and has decent dribbling. He'd be a good #9 for the future, I say sign him up

6. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Ale's monstrous talent was apparent when he was at Padova, before he came to Juve.

His potential was obvious and frightening back then, and he became even more terrifying after he moved to Turin. If Alex hadn't done in his cruciates, there's a good chance we'd be comparing him to Ronaldo (the original, fat one), instead of the insipid comparisons made to Totti.

Bernardeschi has nothing on Alex at that age. Nothing.

gumbacicc and thinredline10 repped this.
  7. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    One of the worst things to happen as a Juventino, at the time he was a step away from being the best player in the world. And he still turned out to be one of the best in history anyways

scirea6 repped this.
  8. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Even EPL fans talk about how terrifying Alex was before his injury. He really did have, or at least seam to have, limitless potential.

It really was a cruel twist of fate that that happened to him.

9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'm sure you already saw this, but still worth posting again. Still got it. This was a couple days ago in Guatemala

10. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I was in the hospital, so I actually missed it. Thanks for the link.:thumbsup:

Can't help feeling a bit nostalgic while watching this.:inlove:

phat and juventino13 repped this.
  11. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    In my opinion, Del Piero became a better player after his injury. He was not the same physically but turned more into a team player than one who tried to do it all himself.

12. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Better team player for sure, but he would have been an absolute god without that injury. He probably would have picked up the team player traits a bit later in his career anyways IMO

gumbacicc and scirea6 repped this.
  13. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    #1463 thinredline10, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    I know it's youtube.. but I just watched this video( cuz I havent really seen much of him).. I am sure for every nice clip, there is plenty of video footage of him doing poorly.

the thing that interested me was not the goals or crossing, but he consistently gets stuck in on his man, he is the leading player running into any challenge for a loose ball.... this means hes not afraid or timid and I rate this as one of the most valuable things in a player... if a guy constantly thinks that a loose ball or ball at his feet belongs to him, he's going to do well against opposing players.

Watch him when he has a man on him, he plays quicker and more ambitous, he also seems to have a constant hunger on the field for the ball. I do not see any hunger in Asamoah or Stuaro... I see it mildly in Lemina.

What I don't like the most is his constant desire to dribble fancy and often it's does not yield the intended result, I like the effort tho, he does not go down so easy, he gets stuck in, hes ambitious, and his left foot is pretty good.

He could contribute earlier then expected with a good team around him, Seeing as how Max did not like Pogba's dribbling at all... this bad habit of his will have to be beaten out of him.

He has also been the center of attention so far in his career... I wonder what plugging him with Juve would do with established goal scorers in Dybala and Gonzalo already assuming those responsibilities.

Would they clash? I think they would more likely then coexist. I wonder if he would develop attitude problems as a result of having to be more of a service man then a shot taker.

Gonzalo still has not really shown up in CL play aside from that game where he had two goals... the responsibility was put on Paulo and he failed to deliver and Gonzalo just became Ozil tier invisible. Maybe having a guy like Bernadeschi would be good for games where Gonzalo and Paulo drop off... or certainly if one was injured.

14. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    It is so difficult for a person to judge a player that they haven't seen play live enough times.

My hope is that Juve bring in pieces that will allow Dybala to play closer to goal. In this first year, Dybala was absolutely lethal inside the box. With Mandzukic drifting inside next to Higuaín, those spaces were occupied last season.

A 4-2-3-1 with two wingers that like to drift inside and play make should lessen the creative burden on Dybala.

If Juve bring in the likes of Costa, Bernadeschi, and Schick while selling Cuadrado, would you guys take it? Also, hopefully Pjaca has recovered by next spring after getting a half season under his belt.

juveeer and phat repped this.
  15. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i like Berna but i feel like his ball control and decision making is bad sometimes. These types of things can be decisive in a Final. But overall he seems quality, i'd be happy with signing him, Costa or some other good flexible winger. Just start signing some players already.

16. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Chances are Cuadrado won't be sold and to be honest I would rather be wasn't since we don't have enough wingers.

All the Fwd player being mentioned are exactly this type and logically for exactly that reason.

17. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    It's clearly tentative, but if Juve really do end with Costa, Schick, Bernadeschi on top of Pjaca, Dybala, Cuadrado, Higuain, and Mandzukic that is eight attackers for four starting positions. Pjaca, Schick, Bernadesci, and Costa can play out wide. Mandzukic can be used in this role if Sandro stays or Juve bring in an outside back that can attack decently out left.

Factor in that Orsolini needs to be developed in coming years and Keita may arrive next season, I would certainly be ok with Juve selling Cuadrado for 25-30m.

18. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We're going to need depth. Patrik Schick and Mandzu are primarily CF's, so is Moise Kean and not wide players. Spinnazola and Orsolini (who I really like) are extremely young, they aren't bringing home silverware just yet.

Dybala, Pjaca, Bernardeshi and Costa can play behind the strikers centrally in a AM position or as SS. That's the brilliance of the tactical edge their roles bring to the team.

Cuadrado is 29 and can play RB and it would be wise to keep him even if they sign a RWB.

Daei_10 repped this.
  19. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    .I just want to see one purchase... we are one month away from preseason and all we have is Schick who still has not confirmed, but basically has confirmed as much as you can.

That is a great purchase... but we won 100 million in the Champions league... and the midfield is still marginal.

All of these talk about wingers are just kinda extra for me... the real glaring hole to any one should be Sami Khediras spot. He did very well last year, but he is not a difference maker and one is soley needed.

The only difference maker in the midfield we currently have is Pjanic and we are still waiting for him to gel and get comfortable in his new job with Juve... we saw glimpses of it, but nothing truly concrete.

Add to that, that Claudio, Sami, and Pjanic have moderate to concerning injury history.. I feel we should have made this a priority. If we flip Asamoah, Lemina... that signifigantly lessens the blow of signing Matuidi or Nzoni. One of them wants to go and the other can no longer cut it... we don't have to be stingy to get every penny we can for them, flip them and make a statement to Sandro and any one else who thinks about leaving that we are serious about making another CL run.

I really do not want to watch Gigi bow out of CL early in his last year.... and any of us who would feel pretty awful if we were in his shoes and saw his club try to make the team replicate last seasons success with what we have now, especially after losing Alves who was so valuable in the tail end run of the CL matches. We will not replicate that success without a dynamic player on the team.

Even bringing in a dynamic threat player on the flank in his spot does nothing for the gaping hole in the midfield, Claudio has lost a step and is currently well out of his previous form as a result of no playing time.

20. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That one is a no-brainer. If someone wants to give us that money, sell.

21. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Doing this makes us live and die with Leo and Giorgio and Gigi however... do we really want to put so much pressure on creating goals instead of creating a midfield that can contain and successfully absorb attacks?

This team needs to really spend around 75 million if we plan to contend for a CL title.

Needs in this order :

right fullback/wingback - to replace alves and start over Lichtsteiner

midfielder - to start over Sami (preferably a box to box engine type with defensive expertise)

left wing back/ fullback - to provide relief for Sandro or start in event Sandro must play Marios spot in the event of injury( which is all more reason we should not sell if we can get a stud left back)

Right Winger depth - to provide relief for Dybala

If Sandro is sold.... then left back takes priority over midfielder... but really a trio of purchases that incluses both wingback spots replaced and a new starting midfielder is an absolute requirement to give the team a chance next year.

Otherwise we live and die with our defensive back line featuring a new cast on both side and Gonzalo still waiting to live up to his clutch stereotype in big games... not great odds when other teams are getting healthy and reloading plus newly revamped EPL teams coming at us.

22. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    25 million would soften blow of transfer prices for Costa or Bernadeschi.. which makes either player coming in for 15 million a lot more appealing. May even justify getting hosed on the inflation tax for the other.

Lemina being sold also splits Nzoni's purchase price in half.

Would be really great if we could land our targets while culling dead weight and opening up space for other players to get on first team ( Betancur, Orsolini, etc)

23. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Lemina, Rincon --> CM (Nzonzi)
    Asamoah ---> Spinazzola
    Sturaro ---> Bentancur
    Cuadrado --> Bernadeschi, Costa, Schick
    Alves --> RB

24. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    I wouldnt say signing a new winger is necessarily extra however this must definitely be addressed first and foremost. This is our biggest weakness imo and is why Mandzukic was played on the wings as he needed to run his ass of in order to make up for the complete lack of physicality in midfield. With Mario dead in the Madrid exposed us and our midfield was completely ran over. We need to sign a beast next to Pjanic. My dream signing would be Milinkovic Savic however Nzonzi would also be a significant upgrade to Sami as well.

25. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Midfield isnt that bad Marchisio will be back on form. We need a khedira back up. Priorities should be selling asamoah and lemina right away