Summa Summa Summa-Time... the Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    ;) Mandzukic is the first name on the team sheet as far as im concerned.

scirea6 repped this.
  2. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If Cerri is actually able to make a career for himself in Serie B, then he will have done well for himself. That's about the very best he can hope for at this point.

As for Rugani, it's not very uncommon for a player's performance to drop when they play for the U-21's, especially if they've been given opportunities with the senior Azzurri squad. It's not surprising he's looked much better when he's starting next to the likes of Chiellini, Bonucci, or Barzagli. They are experienced world class defenders, he's going to be more confident and shoulder less responsibility when starting next to players who will teach him their craft.

It's very common for a defender to start to peak well after they are 25. Bonucci and Barzagli are prime examples, among many others. That Caldara and Rugani have done so well in their club careers so far speaks to their talent and potential. But they will probably be nowhere near their best for at least several years yet.

A player like Alessandro Nesta, who was starting for Lazio when he was 19 and captaining the club when he was 21, is a freak. He's the exception, not the rule.

soccerr9 and thinredline10 repped this.
  3. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Mario always will be first name of the team sheet... what juve is doing is signing a winger for the right side.

Do you guys think that the reason Sandro was deemed expendable is partially affected by fact that Mario does such a good job tracking back. he is kind of like a hybrid winger that doubles as a midfielder. That portion of the field often becomes his territory that he does well at controlling.

Maybe the front office deemed him over kill since Mario is doing that well and is opting to take the money and instead install a defensive minded back which would help cover for the lapses that Giorgio can have on the field.. Tho he was a lot better in the CL then i expected.

Regardless... Mario is an older player and it was amazing that he lasted all season covering so much ground. I doubt Max wants to put that much strain on him again and would prefer to keep him fresh for big games in 2nd half.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  4. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017

thanks for that perspective... I was basing this off his season at Empoli where he set a record for never fouling a player and the team finished like lower mid table. I never saw any games he played, but I assumed that he must have had good control of himself and must have been a reason for why the team finished decently.

Seeing him be stand offish and not getting stuck in on challenges in this tourney kinda threw me... especially because I remember a quote by Max where he told Rugani that " sometimes you gotta check into players and knock them out of the dam stadium"

I guess i just expected a much more aggressive and sturdier performance this tourney.

5. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Yup even more impressive considering Alex Sandro was the lesser hyped fullback between him and Danilo.

Had Allegri not changed the system last season Pjanic could have ended up being that flop. However after last season id argue he's a top 5 midfielder in Europe.

scirea6 repped this.
  6. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Is this the Danilo who is at Real who is deemed surplus and that Juve was allegedly checking out grabbing?

I think he was a standout player for Brazil in the u20 or u21 championships last year or year before

Is he good?

7. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Him and Bayern looked really good vs Bayern in 2015. Porto would have ko'd them had they both not been suspended for the 2nd leg.

8. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    To be fair, Maldini made his debut quite young as well and Scirea was already playing for the senior squad at 21.

9. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Im sorry guys but Manzu will not start on the wing. Costa is a LW and Manzu is not. There's no way they're not bringing in a LW and most likely a starting one which means Manzu will be a sub Higuain.

10. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    would you guys sell Sandro if it meant we would go all out for Mbappe?

11. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I wouldn't spend 150m on him at least not yet.

12. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seeing how FIFA investigates big purchases like our Pogba one, i dont think he would go much higher than him. I say 115 should be good enough (no agent fees included)

13. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Rumors have PSG and Manchester City in the mix for Alex Sandro. Let's bring up the price tag.

Daei_10 repped this.
  14. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Yeah.

I used to think he might pull a Lippi and come back, but now he may as well go work for ShInter cause I don't think the fans will accept him back again after the stunts he has pulled starting with the way and reasons he left.

15. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Milinkovic Savic would seriously soften the blow if we sold Alex Sandro. Perfect partner for Pjanic.

phat repped this.
  16. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    http://www.around-j.com/ex-juve-player-kingsley-coman-arrested-domestic-abuse/

I dunno if you guys heard about this., Coman must have beat the hell out of her since she ended up going to hospital and pressed charges... he also purged his social media so it must be bad.

What a bullet we dodged there getting rid of him

Kinda gives more perspective as to why we flipped Vidal for his off the field antics... with some guys, its just a matter of time. Obviously Vidal never hit girls, but in regards to his driving and drinking as well.

17. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    I have a question... So lets say for the example of us wanting to recall Leo Spinazzola and how Atlalanta does not want as a result of them losing 2 guys already.

Now this would just be in the discussion part of the 2 clubs, Could we say look we realize you have holes in ur roster... So we are going to recall him and then we will offer you a loan deal to take on (lets say stuaro, and another young guy). What if we were buying him and didn't own him.

Could we pay say 5 million to them and then get our guy and the deal is done.

But then next week we loan them 2 guys in a seperate but new deal or would this like breach ethics, negotiation rules, or whatever? Are transfers negotiations very controlled or does it have a lot of wiggle room?

I feel like this isnt really done much and seems like the logical way to get a team to agree to let us take back our loaned player... Like how in NBA trades, you see one good player come to one team and the team sends 2-3 guys back to the team they plucked the player from.

Does that happen? Is there a reason why it does not happen?

Obviously Stuaros wages would be high for them, could we not offer to pay the wages for him and just give him to them to make them let us take back Leo?

Player swaps PLUS MONEY are hardly a thing right? I know player swaps never happen, but it's very rare that we would like offer PSG 15million for Blaise and like 3 prospects on top of that right?

Is it because other teams don't want other teams deemed surplus? It seems likes transfers are very well researched and planned and just bringing in one guy is a big gamble.

18. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    We should be encouraged by the fact that Italy's U21s and U20s faired well this summer as both made it to the semifinals. It will be interesting to see how this group develops by the 2022 World Cup.

Who knows what Bernadeschi's ceiling is. It's certainly risky to spend 40m on him. Anything more is excess unless Juve really feel that strongly. Regardless, he will need time to develop and likely shouldn't be too relied upon next year if he were to arrive.

19. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Mandzukic is a starter and will surely play a huge role next year. With that said, in last year's version of the 4-2-3-1, Mandzukic would essentially play as a left mid when defending but as an extra left CF in attack. Sandro needed to be protected when defending, but Mandzukic also needed someone to maintain the attacking width when he drifted inside.

If Juve do opt for a defensive left fullback, they will need an actual winger that is comfortable operations out wide. Mandzukic starting with a defensive fullback likely means Juve will lack pace or 1v1 ability down the left side.

If Juve were to lose Sandro on top of Alves, the team dynamic will have to change. Those two gave Juve so much in attack last year. This paired well with Mandzukic and Cuadrado who did a great job of tracking back and protecting both.

Just like every season, the story of the team and how they play will have to evolve as players come and go.

20. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Le Parisien is claiming that Juve are ready to offer €50 million to sign Aurier and Matuidi.

GdS is claiming that Juve has no intention of selling Alex Sandro and Bonucci. So far neither player has expressed a desire to leave the club.

Spinazzola's agent: "The clubs need to talk. If Juventus called us, Leo can't say no."

Sky is claiming that Juve are interested in Boca striker Fecund Colidio.

Juve will reportedly meet with the agent of Danilo. Juve are ready to offer €15 million plus bonuses to sign the Brazilian.

21. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Bring back Spinazzola regardless of what happens with Alex Sandro. We need an additional left back.

juveeer repped this.
  22. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spinazzola isn't a natural left back.

23. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Bernardeschi is 23. It's not as if he is 17. We already knew that Messi and Ronaldo were special in their early 20s. Not to say that we should judge Bernardeschi against legendary players, however he has been playing at a high level for us to have a reasonable basis to judge his potential.

I see his ceiling as a very useful, but not great player, for a big club like Juve. He could help this club next season as he is probably as good as Cuadrado, if not better, with more of an upside. However, I don't see him as the guy that puts us over the top.

24. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Bernardeschi is no Messi or Ronaldo. However he is a player with a world class future, and could be compared to Del Piero.

25. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    How about if Bernardeschi turns out to be another Marchisio. Would that work?

phat repped this.