Summa Summa Summa-Time... the Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why? How many goals has he scored this season? How many games has he played?

calabrese8 repped this.
  2. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Because Higuain is fat and useless atm while Schick is supremely talented.

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fat and unless, you sound like a fan of another team.

That fat and useless player has only scored a 2 goals in 4 games so far this season. Ohhh, 2 more than Schick has.

4. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He creates space fir Dybala as the defense is focused on him.

5. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    And he will be fat and useless when we come up against a european giant as per usual since his Madrid days.

6. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    He wasnt bought for ********ing 90 mil to do that shit. Mandzukic can do that even better than Higuain.

7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That fat and useless player was our leading scorer last season, in the league AND in europe.

calabrese8 and phat repped this.
  8. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Loved those goals vs Crotone and Palermo. Things of beauty really.

9. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Tell that the opposing sides who mark him.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must have missed the MVP of last season, err Higuain's goals against Fiorentina, Napoli, Torino, Roma, Monaco... I could go on.

11. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    We've won Serie A the past 5 seasons prior without him and we would have won it last year without him aswell.

If a team spends 90 mil on you should be expected to score vs the Madrids and Barcas in the world. Obviously he did not live up to that last season and hasnt throughout his entire career. The least he could do is not be fat.

12. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He's not fat.

Falc repped this.
  13. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Sooooo.....you think we "overpaid" for a young Dybala with near unlimited upside who has already tripled his value, but think we got good value for a striker nearing 30 coming off his best season ever where it will be nearly impossible to recoup what we spent on him?

You have an interesting definition of "value".

Oh. And don't get me wrong, I like Pipita. I just find your diatribes on "value" pretty incoherent.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You keep calling him fat, I don't think you know what fat is. As for us winning without him, maybe. He made it a lot easier though, who would have produced those 24 league goals?

15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What is interesting is your reading in between the lines. Very imaginative.

16. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    HaHa.

Caught you!;)

17. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Caught what? Where have I supported the transfer fee for HIguain? I am happy with him as I am with Dybala but the sums paid for those two along with a few others on the team is insane. I know the response is that everyone else has to pay it but that does not make it OK.

18. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Higuain isn't fat or useless; nor has his form been great this season. His hold up play hasn't been as good in the early going. He isn't getting himself into the best goal-scoring opportunities either. Frankly, I'd expect a bit more for our record signing.

That said, people need to realize he is working and creating space for Dybala and our other attackers. All I'm saying is he has been on better form.

I don't understand the panic. We know what Higuain is at this point. He'll always make a contribution.

19. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The formation changed hasn't helped him either, he needs to adapt to it as well.

juveeer repped this.
  20. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Schick is injured again, man I'm bummed we didn't sign him so he could open a residency at JMedical.

21. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    #4321 juveeer, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    No, the response is simple. Each player is worth what the selling club will sell him for and what the buying club will pay for him. That is the definition of a player's worth in a free market.

Your continuing "argument" that somehow you, and only you, know a players TRUE value based on nothing more than your own opinion (since that is all you have ever offered as proof of value); and, if said player is sold for more than your personal perceived value, then the club has "overpaid", is the real "insanity" here.

gumbacicc repped this.
  22. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I don't know why anyone is panicking about our attack. This is the most prolific attack I have seen in a while.

OTH, the defensive side is worrisome. If we are going to panic, that is where we ought to be doing it. We have no RB right now with MdS out for 3-4 weeks and Licht being a liability in every game he has played so far. Howedes may slot in there but he is a better CB than FB IMHO.

More worrisome is Max's quote that he thought Sturaro "played well" in that position against Barca! I don't know what game he was watching.

gumbacicc repped this.
  23. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What is insane is those of you who accept a transfer as market value. There is nothing wrong with my opinion. The difference is that I can like a player despite overpaying instead of bitching about overpaying a player that is not liked, as is seen over and over again by many here. Is Neymar's value really €220 million? Hell no. Only one club financed by an oil company was willing to spend that. Pogba was not sold at market value. Only Manchester United were interested at that cost. We overpaid for Dybala because Zamparini played hard ball and we wanted to make the deal. Same goes for paying the buyout clauses for Higuain & Pjanic last season. Why do some of you have to argue against my opinion? Why the need to disprove it. Now that is insane.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  24. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Alright, I'll give you another chance.

If the transfer value actually paid by a willing buyer and accepted by a willing seller isn't "market value" in the Falc world, what is?

you have yet to answer this question.

25. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    It is a transaction. It is not market value. When there are certain buyers and sellers willing to make a deal, it is what it is. It is not what the market would pay. It is like someone who puts their house for sale at $1 million. It sits and sits and sits for a long time because it is evaluated too high. So unless someone comes along that is willing to pay it, then the for sale sign just sits there. If it was priced at market value, there would be a lot of buyers. What we are seeing today in the game is not market prices for these high profile players but individual transactions. Only Juve was interested in Higuain and when De Laurentiis was not willing to deal, they used the release clause. De Laurentiis never figured anyone would use the release clause because it was more than market value.

ArtemioD repped this.