Summa Summa Summa-Time... the Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Feb 8, 2017.

1. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    #326 soccerr9, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    @Daei_10

Real Madrid and Atleti...

These teams change far more than you are perceiving. Some important pieces retire while others are sold. What these clubs do is always bring in WC quality or players with enormous potential. Juve are following this trend. You are overstating the quantity of the 'core.' Buffon, Chiellini, Barzagli, Bonucci, Marchisio, and Lichtsteiner fill this role at Juve until a new core is established. In the examples I posted above, these great sides have changed at least 4-5 players in between finals and in some instances replaced 8 players.

2014 CL final
    upload_2017-3-16_22-13-43.png

2016 CL final
    upload_2017-3-16_22-14-16.png

2. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The clubs infamous for buying the flavors of the month?

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  3. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Given their constant linking with buying everyone the Madrid squad is actually surprisingly similar. Especially given that Pepe, Varane, Coentrao and Marcelo are all still on the team but were just rotated between the finals they only had 3 real changes - 2 CM and GK. That's pretty good consistency for the big spenders. That said it is only a 2 year duration so many more changes than that would be unexpected. Though Atleti - a more selling team to be sure- have like 6 changes (admittedly I'm not familiar enough with their squad to know if 2-3 of those guys are actually gone or just benched).

4. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Did not Real Madrid have a transfer ban for acquiring players illegally?

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  5. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That makes more sense.

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alex Meret: "My future is at Juve? I don't know, it's not up to me to talk about it. The Clubs will talk when the right moment comes."

7. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Who the ******** is Alex Meret?

8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A goalkeeper at Udinese, young and many have rated him as one of the best gk prospects in Italy. He was called up to the Senior NT for this weeks games.

juventino13 repped this.
  9. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    19 year-old goalkeeper owned by Udinese and on loan to SPAL in Serie B.

They've actually been the revelation of Serie B this season (actually they are currently leading the division) and Meret has apparently been the revelation for SPAL. He's established himself as their starting keeper and has kept something like 7/8 clean sheets in 20 appearances so far.

He's also a big Juventus fan from a Juventus supporting family, and obviously, Gigi Buffon is his hero.

juveeer repped this.
  10. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Sign him up!

11. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meret > Donnarumma

Do we still own Leali ?

12. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Patrici yesterday

"Allegri is among the best coaches in the world. He is a great person as well, we have every intention of continuing with him."

13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juventus are willing to offer a new contract for Alex Sandro until 2021 worth €3.5 million a year. Chelsea and Real have expressed interest in him.

Dani Alves remains a target for the Shanghai sides in the summer.

Giorgio Chiellini will sign a new contract with Juve soon. It will run until 2020.

Bernardeschi has no intention of signing a new contract with Fiorentina. Juventus, Inter and Milan are in the race to sign him.

Tolisso: "No, I have not signed with Juventus. Will i stay as a Lyon player next Season? I'm under contract with OL until 2020 (laughs)."

According to La Stampa, Juve are ready to offer €50 million to sign Gianluigi Donnarumma.

Verratti's agent: "Marco wants to win and it's not possible now at PSG. It's not a money problem. If Marco leaves PSG in the summer, he'll join a top European club."

Il Messaggero claims that Juve are set to reveal Dybala's extension before the end of March - He will earn €7 million a season until 2021.

Allegri wants a new 3-year deal to remain at Juventus and start a new cycle.

14. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both Dybala & Allegri need to get paid and extended. Lets really turn Dybala into our Messi and keep him long time. Hell Messi isnt renewing his contract with Barca, maybe Higuain and Dybala can convince him to come to Juve? ;-)

15. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Messi will definitely sign another contract with Barcelona. And when that one is up he'll go to Argentina

16. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Do you think he will go to Argentina someday? He came to Barcelona at a young age. Other than playing for the NT, it is not as if Messi has a strong connection to the Argentine soccer scene.

17. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Definitely. He's always talked about how he wants to end his career at Newell's Old Boys. Obviously the big question is, will he walk the walk when it comes down to it? I think he'll leave eventually, even if its to do a one and done when he's like 38 lol

Falc repped this.
  18. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I did not know that he had some affinity for that club. Was that his original club? Was he not like 11 years old when he went to Barca?

19. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yea he was a little kid when he went to Barca, but Newell's was where he started out so I guess he still feels some attachment towards them. Like I said, maybe its all talk and when it comes down to it he won't walk, but if he sticks to what he's said before then his plan is to one day play for that club again in some capacity.

20. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Let's hope the Chinese pull out of ACM. Pick up Donna and MDS.

21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every day that's looking more likely. The only winner for that will be Juve and Berlusconi. He's already made millions from the deal.

22. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are a lot of reports that Juve are close to reaching an agreement with Tolisso over a 4-year contract.

GdS is claiming that the Dybala saga is over and the tug of war over image rights has been settled. Juve and Dybala have reached an agreement over a renewal until 2021 with a salary of €7.5 million a year.

23. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    With Tolisso, but not Lyon. That's going to the bitch, if our interest is genuine.

24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lyon's President already said that they've had contacts with Juve over Tolisso and expect a deal to be closed by July at the latest. He was pretty resigned to losing him.

25. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Next season is gonna be exciting as ******** for this club, if we can keep all our stars. We have a lot of exciting prospects coming and we're looking at some established stars to come in as well. Exciting times for this club