Summa Summa Summa-Time... the Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Sarcasm Bot

Sarcasm Bot Member+

Nov 4, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    they're not. TM has Costa with 4 goals, 6 assists in the league, 2 goals 3 assists in the champions league and 1 goal in the pokal.

Anyway, my contention was not that he's better or worse than Cuadrado, it was that Bayern fans are furious with him.

Dhajj repped this.
  2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tolisso: "An Agreement with Juventus? Right now I'm at Lyon and I have a contract until 2020." "Without offending Roma, Juventus is at another level."

Lotito is expected to sell Keita in the summer. Juventus are among the clubs interested in signing the winger.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  3. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You might be one of the few still left who rate him. He over dribbles and can't cross for his life. He is in no way a replacement for Ribery or Robben.

4. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I take this as an opinion of a larger consensus; the Bayern fans on twitter. I'm quite close with some of them and they literally all say the same thing about Costa.

5. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I really don't understand the Costa hate tbh. I haven't seen it anywhere.

The problem with reading what Twitter says is that twitter is the troll chaos capital of all social media... it's hard to gauge real fan reaction from it.

Costa was injured for a while earlier then he spent the first half of the season trying to regain his form and finally after the winter break he's making great strides and back to his electric self again.

Not sure whats to hate or be infuriated about it?

Bayern were playing like garbage the first half of the season and every Bayern fan thought it was going to be those transition years but since the restart EVERYONE has stepped up tremendously..

I put out a stat earlier:

In bayerns 13 comp games since restart they've scored 39 goals and conceded only 6...

Avg 3 goals a game and conceding 0.46 per game.

They're also undefeated winning what 11 of the 13? (Top of my head)

So it's been an unexpected twist to our expectations from that hot garbage of a first half.

PLUS everyone is healthy and back from injuries....

Sarcasm Bot repped this.
  6. Sarcasm Bot

Sarcasm Bot Member+

Nov 4, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    you might be interested to know this is not the general consensus in germany.

having said that i'm not on twitter and cannot vouch for these bayern fans.

i'm out, thread straying off topic.

7. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Ancelotti's teams usually improve after the break. Seasons are long and it is far more important to arrive at this time in good condition even if it means less intensity early on. Grinding out results is essential even if not esthetically pleasing. Bayern are in great position to win the competition in large part because of Ancelotti.

juveeer repped this.
  9. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Pirlo and Tevez retired from Europe. Evra was past it after 2015. Pogba wanted to leave and I don't think Juve are worse off in his absence. I'm under the impression that Vidal was sold due to his knee and off field issues. Juve didn't control Morata's fate. Out of those six players that started the 2015 CL final, Juve can only be criticized for selling Vidal.

Were Juve supposed to convince Pirlo and Tevez to not retire? Should Juve have kept hold of Evra or Llorente? Was there anything Juve could do to keep a Pogba from leaving? Should Juve have paid the 70m that Real wanted for Morata? For most of these, I think Juve did the right thing. The only transfer that I lament is Vidal since he has been a beast at Bayern.

10. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    He is a step up from the previous Bayern manager.:)

Dhajj repped this.
  11. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I still think he would come back tomorrow if we would have him.

12. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    It would be a strange day if Vidal were to return. This is a different team. Vidal would recognize few faces in the dressing room.

13. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    True.

Team rules are team rules, but I do think selling him may have cost us a CL title.

14. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Vidal has not gotten any closer to winning the title since he moved to Bayern. We are fine without him.

15. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I don't know what that has to do with anything since it was not really his choice to leave.

He would be un upgrade over most of our MFs though, especially anyone who even remotely tries to play the role he played.

16. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He went to Bayern to win the CL. That is what he said. He was not forced to leave, he wanted to leave. Let's not kid ourselves.

17. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    If kept Vidal we would have won the CL last season I have no doubt.

18. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    LOL.

19. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    should we be concerned that Dybala has not signed yet, i saw a recent quote form him and he mentioned that it was not up to him?

what could that be? I thought it was leaked he would be 2nd highest paid? He has to be happy because they are letting him take the PKS which i think is partially a placebo for the fact that he is now the goal creator and not the goal finisher...

This v thing he does with his faces reminds of Mask of Zorro for some reason, would be awful if he ended up in Barca this summer and having to look back at this... hes probaly just trying to invent the new dab and it seems to be working seeing Alves get in on it with him after the next goal.

20. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From an interview with Dybala, today: "We have not yet signed the contract, we have already spoken with the club, there's an agreement and we will sign the contract soon." "I'll soon be with the National Team andI will talk to my agent, he's waiting for me in Argentina. His son is not born yet."

21. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you're missing the point here

we can make excuses all day for why anyone left, it happens but a good club is able to keep his players. Why dont players from Bayern, Barca, RM ever tend to leave? even if they win treble and its end of their careers they stick around as long as possible. Our turnover has been pretty high (includes Conte) and thats not good. The reason we made 2015 CL Final is because we kept our core for 4 years but if we keep swapping players each summer we'll never build that chemistry. Look at how English teams are, no matter how much money they throw out there they cant get it going. This is more about making a statement and letting the world realize our players and coaches are untouchable. Only reason they leave is because WE wanted to sell them.

22. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    thank you, i thought he was coming to turing in end of feb for it... i guess life just got in the way.

I dont expect Dybala to stay... i fully expect him to go to Barca as soon as a spot opens up on the that forward line for him... I just hope we get two more years out of him... I can forgive him going to Barca, but I would be upset. I can not handle him going to the EPL however... I hate that league with a passion. They are nothing but Sugar daddies with a giant public relations firm supporting them and doing all of the branding and pr to sell it.

Alexi Lalas must be getting paid under the table, his announcing today for the ManU Rostov game was nothing but water carrying that I had not seen since the MSM carried Hillary thru the elections.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  23. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    #323 soccerr9, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    Bayern, Barca, and Real have changed very often even after winning or making the CL final. Players retire and important ones certainly do leave these clubs.

2010 CL Final
    upload_2017-3-16_21-59-39.png

2012 CL final
    upload_2017-3-16_22-0-24.png

2013 CL Final
    upload_2017-3-16_21-59-5.png

Now factor in that Guardiola (like he did at Barca) remade the squad in his own image bringing in Alonso, Lewa, Thiago, Vidal etc.

Attached Files:

juveeer repped this.
  24. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Well if we can retain Dybala then I would say that it sucked in the short run, but it leveraged us a much longer and deeper sustained run in the future. We have a pretty serious squad mix of older vets like Gonzalo, Mandzukic, Leo, Giorgio, Buffon, and Khedira who will not be leaving probaly at all while it allowed us to buy a ton of youth talent at the moderate buy rates(20m and up).

Pjaca, Rugani, Dybala, Sandro, Betancur, Orsolini, there are more but I forgot.

Plus we do not know what the books look like, they have their reasons. I think selling is behind us except for poaching by giant clubs.

Pogba struggling may help us avoid future poaching as players may realize they have a really good thing here and not be so tempted.

Nothing will change until the economy changes in Italy and teams start building new stadiums, buying quality players, and fans can afford to go to games... That is a big problem right now.

I do think the takeover of AC Milan will see a pretty big overhaul of their team and they will become a desirable destination again. I expect them to get quite good, possibly as early as 2 years from now. They may even be quality next year

25. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    @Daei_10

Now look at Barca

2006 CL Final
    upload_2017-3-16_22-8-55.png

2009 CL Final
    upload_2017-3-16_22-9-51.png

2011 CL Final
    upload_2017-3-16_22-10-20.png

2015 CL Final