Summa Summa Summa-Time... the Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Feb 8, 2017.

1. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Just watched the Roma v Lyon match. Lyon were fantastic in the second half. Lacazette was so so impressive. Tolisso had a beautiful goal. Beyond that he wasn't nearly as influential as Lacazette or Fakir. Fakir entering the match changed the game. All three players have tremendous technique.

2. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    And we are supposedly scouting all 3. I say yes please.

3. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Apart from the goal, Tolisso was rarely involved. That is a bit concerning seeing as Lyon were at home.

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zaza is gone this summer, he will meet the required number of games played to trigger the automatical sale clause.

5. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    First half I would agree. Second half I thought he played well overall.

6. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    With Asamoah having played so well since moving back to LB, I'm not sure that this backup position should be a priority now. He was one of Juve's best players vs Milan. Surprisingly, his defensive awareness is better today than it was in the Conte era. With Sandro being 26 and Asamoah 28, LB feels secure for a few years.

The only area of need is a top CM and RB if Alves leaves (which I hope does not happen). The attack can use an upgrade too until Pjaca is fully up to speed. I love Cuadrado but it's not surprising to hear that Juve are interested in Douglas Costa.

juveeer repped this.
  7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol

The Daily Express claims that Arsenal could sign Dybala this summer if Allegri moves to London.

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

8. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    More wishful thinking from the Tabs.

9. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I doubt Bayern let Costa go without a proper upgrade or 1 for 1 replacement...

This seems like a pure rumor to me.

10. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #285 St. Michael's Sword, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Dybala fighting with Allegri was what really started the Allegri out rumors to begin with wasnt it? ....

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt that Allegri goes to Arsen4l this summer, and they have ZERO chance of signing Dybala. Literally ZERO.

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juventus has a verbal agreement with Spalletti if Allegri leaves in the summer. (not a fan of this)

Marotta: "Douglas Costa? We are monitoring all the players during the Champions league."

Juve reportedly intend to exercise their option to buy Medhi Benatia for €17 million, having already paid €3 million to sign him on loan in the summer.

Dybala: "The Renewal? I'm calm, I want to renew, there will be a news after the break, but it does not depend only on me."

13. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    What does Dybala quote even mean

14. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Allegri to Spaletti would be such a huge let down. I really hope he stays. I dont get why he would move.

Benatia for 17 is kind of a waste when we have Rugani & Caldara

Douglas Costa? Again why when we have Cuadrado & Pjaca ?

I really wish we stopped changing the team so much. Just 1 or 2 additions and we're good.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  15. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because Douglas Costa is superior to Cuadrado...

Dhajj, Sarcasm Bot and juveeer repped this.
  16. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way

17. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Costa is utter trash. Watch a Bayern game and you'll understand. They're infuriated with him in the same way Juan infuriates us.

18. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Juve have improved in terms of technique, tactical flexibility, and defensive organization. Conte helped Juve regain the winning mentality and aggression. With that all said, this team still lacks fluency in the final third. To get to another level, I would have loved for Juve to find a coach that specializes in this aspect. I'm not sure Spalletti is this type.

Benatia can be such a good defender for 95% of his appearances, but makes at least one near costly mistake in each match he starts. On top of that he is constantly injured. Is it worth retaining him? Then again 17m isn't very much in today's market.

usnroach repped this.
  19. Sarcasm Bot

Sarcasm Bot Member+

Nov 4, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    i don't mean to intrude but wat. :ROFLMAO:

Dhajj repped this.
  20. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No. Send him back to Bayern and that Coman deal needs to be reworked if Bayern wants him after what Chelsea and City are offering.

21. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yah I don't think so....... he's gotten his form back since the restart in January and is looking like his electric self from last season.

Costa is turning into a natural replacement for robbery.

I would rate him higher then cuadrado

22. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    I never thought to compare Costa and Cuadrado but what I found was pretty interesting.

Using Squawka comparison matrix for league play:

Total Score: Costa 442 Cuadrado 436
    Attacking Score: Costa 361 Cudarado 224
    Defense Score: Costa 17 Cuadrado 96

Key Passes: Costa 27 Cuadrado 27
    Chances Created: Costa 30 Cuadrado 31
    Assists: Costa 3 Cuadrado 4
    Goals: Costa 4 Cuadrado 1
    Total Shots: Costa 33 Cuadrado 26
    Successful Take Ons: Costa 45 Cuadrado 32
    Take on %: Costa 62% Cuadrado 60%

Interceptions: Costa 8 Cuadrado 23
    Tackles won: Costa 6 Cuadrado 27

Costa is better in attack mainly due to his 3 extra league goals. He also takes on his opponents more and is successful doing so at a slightly higher rate. Cuadrado is far better defensively.

23. Sarcasm Bot

Sarcasm Bot Member+

Nov 4, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  24. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    #299 soccerr9, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    They are probably from German Cup and CL. The quick Squawka comparison was for league performance. Regardless, Costa has better offensive output while Cuadrado is better defensively. Both could very well be a byproduct of the systems they are employed in. Costa is more of a straight up winger. Cuadrado is a right mid and has played as a right wingback earlier in the season. Just like with Mandzukic, Allegri gives both a lot of defensive responsibility when Juve retreat into their 4-4-2 shape.

Juve fans well know Cuadrado's limitations. For all he does well in the final third, he is too inconsistent. He is much better on the counterattack which few teams allow Juve to do given that they play opponents that often sit back deep. As for Cuadrado's workrate and covering, he deserves major praise. His quickness and stamina are major assets when covering the flank. He never ignores this aspect of the game.

juveeer repped this.
  25. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    For a brainless twit, he does hustle. But he is short in the gray matter.

soccerr9 repped this.