Summa Summa Summa-Time... the Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's never to early to think about summer, and Juve is already looking to the future. This is the place people, the summer transfer rumor/speculation/wish list thread!

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ex-Juve striker Valeri Bojinov claims that Juve are set to seal a deal for Nikola Milenkovic from Partizan Belgrade. He said of his teammate...

"I think the only thing that is missing is the for the deal to be made official, it’s all but done for June. He's a very good defender. He asks me questions about Juve all the time, we watched Juve versus Milan together."

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve are monitoring Schalke midfielder Leon Goretzka, who is a free agent next summer. When asked about Juve he said, "Juventus? It's still too early to think about these things. I have to concentrate on Schalke for now"

4. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  5. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no idea who these people are....i think our squad is good for the most part....not sure who we need to bring in with this new formation things are different

6. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I said on the other thread our midfield will be fine, Pjanic is playing well, and all we really need is to add more depth to our defense and add a solid winger or two. We really need some production from the wing. Also we need to look for a potential replacement for Buffon, not this summer but within the next two summers. I am not sold on Donnaruma since he had a mediocre year but he is still so young... plus he would be very expensive pick up.

7. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If the rumors over the last year are to be believed then all of Kolasinac, Tolisso, Berardi, and Bentancur should be arriving this summer. I don't believe that for a second but that would be a pretty good market. Plus we were promised another big Higuain-esque signing too iirc.

8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they place Tolisso in the big signing category. I haven't heard anything about Berardi though, personally I don't want him here either.

9. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Berardi is redundant at this point if there is Cuadrado, Orsolini and Bentacur....im over him as well, time to move on

My biggest worry is Allegri leaving...there are too many rumors on it. And frankly i dont understand what the problem is for either side. He's on his way to winning the 3rd Double in 3 years in a row with us, we're still in CL and he accepts anything management gives him. For him its also a great team cuz he can potentially win CL if he stays with us. what is he gonna do in some English team? ya you'll get more money but none of these English teams are ready to win CL...definitely not Arsenal. I hope its all BS, i truly believe one day we'll win CL with this guy if he stays. any coach other than Ancelotti, i dont see them better than Allegri. i would throw up if we bring in Sousa or whoever...those guys would barely help us win Scudetto, let alone CL

10. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Verratti seeming more and more likely. I don't particularly like Tolisso. Verratti suits us more. Berardi is redundant now with Orsolini. Hoping to see Verratti and a back up LB come in this summer.

Daei_10 repped this.
  11. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hernanes has been officially been sent to a Chinese club, the team announced it on their social media page.

12. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Max being replaced by Sarri? Sarri denied it but I would have him as my #1 choice hands down.

13. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what a strange turn of events that would be lol

Saari isnt a bad choice but he isnt as good as Allegri. I dont think he's that great of a tactician to win big games. He can probably get us Scudetto but not CL

14. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  15. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    2 more names from the article:

"...
    Fiorentina’s Paulo Sousa is a candidate to replace him, while there are even sensational rumours Luciano Spalletti could leave Roma in order to take over.

Spalletti's contract is up at the end of the current campaign, and so far he has not signed a new deal...".

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sousa doesn't belong anywhere near Juve. If your really want to go for someone, go for Simeone.

IcEWoLF and St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  17. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Sarri talking all he does about Juve makes me think he would actually come here. Classic case of over denial to soften the blow to Napoli fans if he does come here. And yes, he is better than Allegri. Allegri is probably better at organizing defensive tactics to hold a lead, but Sarri is practically the striker whisperer. He turned Milik into some God when he couldn't even hit the net at the Euro's. He probably has the single best attacking football system in the world. He would be a godsend for Dybala.

18. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is bad...i dont like coaches with one foot out the door. Messes up everything with the team and our run. Sousa, Spaletti are shit.....Simeone isnt coming here unless its a huge offer...he's an Inter guy and says he wants to go there eventually. I dont see us coughing up big money, if we are, might as well keep Allegri.

At this rate, we aint gonna win shit...and if we do, i dont want it to be one time deal like Inter and Chelsea....I want us to keep being competitive. if we continue like this, we'll just have turnover every year...it'll make the club money and share holders happy but its far from ideal from a fan stand point.

19. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    3 years does seem to be the limit for our coaches these days.

20. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Allegri is gone, just gotta deal with it. Both Allegri and the club feel the cycle is coming to an end, hence the change. Do not like the names being mentioned to come in, at all

21. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  22. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If Allegri can send Juve off with a CL win, I don't care where he goes.

23. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I would hope management at the very least picks up the phone and calls Pochettino to see if he would be interested before he takes the Barcelona job.

usnroach repped this.
  24. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I wouldnt mind Allegri being shown the door. With the exception of the CL final he has never exceeded minimal expectations of the league/coppa. Given a much better squad than Conte he's only achieved marginally better success. My big concern is the Dybala rumors on the renewal have stopped.

juventino13 repped this.
  25. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    This is simply not true. He has done much better in Europe than Conte did and has matched him Scudetto for Scudetto. Plus he has won the Coppa. He has been an upgrade on Conte in results and tactical awareness and flexibility, and he has had to endure a remake of the team in the process.

If he leaves we will have a hard time getting someone better that is a realistic option.

Afghan-Juventus and Daei_10 repped this.