Sultan: "Expect a new coach this week"

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by Sayf, Feb 12, 2009.

1. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    english translation pleaseee

2. Semsoon777

Semsoon777 Member

Nov 18, 2007
    6th October City, Egypt
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Prince nawaf ibn faisal has announced that the new coach for the saudi national team would be the portugese coach Poserio (not sure how his name is spelled) who has coached hilal before 2 seasons, and the final contract would be signed next saturday, Insha'Allah.

3. Semsoon777

Semsoon777 Member

Nov 18, 2007
    6th October City, Egypt
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Sayf man, we all know how good yasser is, and he is unarguably the best striker in the kingdom, i was reffering to the current situation (that yasser won't be playing against iran), this is the best time that shamrani should get his chance.

4. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Sayf wants Al-Raheb instead of Al-Shamrani though. That's the point of contention.

5. Semsoon777

Semsoon777 Member

Nov 18, 2007
    6th October City, Egypt
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    if its going to be between shamrani and raheb, then i am very sorry to tell him he has lost his argument already, there is no way in hell you can compare SHAMRANI with someone like raheb

6. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    RIYADH, Feb 17 (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia have named Portuguese Jose Peseiro as coach after the resignation of Nasser Al Johar, the official news agency SPA reported on Tuesday.

SPA quoted the head of the Saudi federation as saying Peseiro, who has had stints in charge of Sporting, Panathinaikos and Rapid Bucharest, would arrive in Saudi Arabia on Friday.

The 48-year-old becomes Saudi Arabia’s 20th coach since 1994.

Johar, who led the Saudis to the 2002 World Cup finals, quit in the wake of their 1-0 defeat to North Korea last week in a 2010 World Cup qualifier, which left them second from bottom in Group Two with four matches remaining.

7. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    the best is naji al majrashi raher than nasser...when ever he come on the pitch he scores for shabab
    by the how was this new coach when he coached hilal

8. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    ياخي انا عارف مين ياسر وكم هدف سجله وعارف انه بشكل عام احسن من ناصر الشمراني

لكن الشمراني ما يلعب من المنتخب والمباريات الودية ليس معيار حقيقي ولكن لو تقارنهم في الدوري هم يلعبون في فريقين متساوين في المستوي وضد نفس الفرق لكن شف الفرق بينهم وهي 5 اهداف

ويالله خلنا نطلع البلنتيات من الموضوع يظل الشمراني متقدم ب3 اهداف!

واذا ياسر قاعد يصيب هذه الصراحة مشكلته وتدل علي ضعف بنيته ولا تقول لي قاعد يلعبونه كل يوم بالكثير يلعب مبارتين كل 8 ايام

الدوري الانجليزي يلعبون مبارتين في الاسبوع ولا شفنا اصابات مثل ياسر

لكن انا ابي افهم ليش ما يعطون ناصر فرصة زي الناس ياخي ما لعب ولا مبارة رسمية من بدايه الشوط الثاني

تلعبه قدام تايلند هو اول مره يلعب مع المنتخب لازم تعطيه فرصة في مباراة رسمية وتعطيه وقته وذيك الوقت راح تشوف مستواه الحقيقي

لما تلعبه في مباراة رسمية انت تعطيه الثقة في نفسه وراح يبدع حتي لو كان مستواه زفت

لكن انا ما اتذكر انهم عطوه فرصة في مباراة لها قيمته بعكس لاعبين ما قدموا ولا نصف مستواه زي السلطان والهزازي لكن شف خلاهم اساسي قدام ايران وكوريا الجنوبية

تخيل معي لو لعبنا الشمراني اساسي في مثلا مباراة كوريا الجنوبية والله ليلعب فيهم لعب

اعطوه فرصة زي الناس وبعدين احكم موب تلعبه 5 دقايق قدام تايلند وبعدها تقول ما يصلح للمنتخب

لكن مع الشباب هداف الدوري من السنة الماضية وزي ما حسم ياسر بطولات للهلال ايضا ناصر حسم الدوري قدام الهلال الهدف الثالث والهدف الاول ضد الاتحاد في كاس الملك

9. adelo

adelo Member

May 9, 2007
    Mother of Pigeons
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Peseiro took charge of Hilal for around half a season a few years ago. I have never seen Hilal play worse than that! Too defensive, too slow, predictable, losing competitive matches 1-0 etc... Maybe there were other factors going on (injuries, management problems, weak internationals and what have you) but I was not impressed with him at all. And it was no surprise that he got fired before the middle of the season.

Having said that, it doesn't mean that he will fail with the NT for sure. The environment is different, the team selection and players are ready, and besides, we have seen so many great coaches fail with the NT and so many unknowns succeed, so who knows? This is the story of the NT.

10. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yasser has 8 goals in 12 games; Shamrani has 12 goals in around 18 games, including 3 pk's. So if you take out the pk's it's 9 goals to 8.

Yasser's problem is that both Hilal and the NT try to play him immediately without giving him time to regain fitness, e.g. the match against Iran. The point is, even a half-fit Yasser who's missed 6 league matches this season is still second in the scoring charts.

ما كانت أول مباراة

When Yasser is playing, you need a second striker to support him by opening space for him. You need a hard-working player like Raheb or Sultan (ok Al-Sultan was out of his depth against SK). That's the reason Shamrani wasn't used. But I agree that Shamrani should have played instead of Yasser in the first Iran game because Yasser was nowhere near ready.

Shamrani made at least two sub appearances in the Gulf Cup and was very unimpressive. Hazzazi came on as a sub against Oman and he tore them apart. Hazzazi also helps defensively with his headers. I haven't seen Shamrani doing a single useful thing in any match he's played with the NT. There's no doubt that he's technically gifted, but he doesn't seem like a team player or someone has any tactical sense. Btw did you watch the last game between Shabab and Hilal where Hilal won 2-0? Did you even notice that Shamrani was on the field?

جايب لي انفرادة يوم الفريق فايز 2-0؟ هذا تسميه حسم؟ لو ما سجل ذاك القول كان مصيبة. الله يهديك ذكرتني بمخرج 17 لا عمرك تجيب طاري ذيك المباراة خخخخخخ

Anyway, this discussion has taken more time than it deserves. Yasser isn't playing against Iran. We'll see what Pisseiro thinks of Shamrani, Hazzazi, and Raheb. I would use Hazzazi and Raheb, or Malik and Hazzazi, but if he picks Shamrani I wish the player the best and I hope he proves me wrong.

11. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Just goes to show that winning the "golden boot" of Serie .. I mean the "Saudi Professional League" isn't that great an achievement.

Who cares? Look at his strike rate. His strike rate with Hilal is around 0.8. There are many factors that go into winning the golden boot, not just injuries but also playing with the NT. Yasser is the most over-used player in the country, while Shamrani hardly ever gets picked in the NT squad let alone play. By the way Shamrani won the "golden boot" after scoring 5 goals on the last day against Watani, and a lot of his goals were pk's. Yasser scored 10 goals last season despite not playing all the matches and not taking any pk's. He scored a last minute (world class) winner against Tae, and a 93rd minute (brilliant) winner against Ahli, and got only one chance against Ittihad and put it in. So, his 10 goals basically won Hilal the league -- again, just goes to show how winning the golden boot isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

Can you back it up by giving us the goal to game ratio?

60 caps including 2 Asian Cups and 1 World Cup should be enough to judge a striker's strike rate.

I don't know what his rate is but I guarantee you it's lower than Yasser's. And I'm no saying everything should be based on hard numbers. You're supposed to come up with a good pairing -- two players that work well together, not the two with the biggest number of goals in the league or the highest strike rates.

By the way, last season David Guiza was the top scorer in Spain, yet guess where he spent most of Euro 2008.

12. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah he's definitely not the kind of coach we were hoping for, but nobody forced Aseer El-Shog and his uncle to wait this long.

They said they were going to appoint a "world class" coach, but ONLY after we qualify ... those arrogant, out-of-touch bozos thought qualification was a foregone conclusion, and now look where we are. What's amazing is that they don't seem to even care; they're all "hey it's not the end of the world if we don't qualify [translation: don't think we're going anywhere after this]."

13. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    how many are happy or satisfied with this new coach..this guy will just ask nasser al johar the players name as he is still workin as techinical advisor..and ask players to attack from the beginning ..thats all...
    he has coached big clubs of mid ranking european team..and also claimed success.

14. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Ummm says who? The Saudi league is one of the best in Asia.:confused:

So we shouldn't count Yasser's 4 goals against Najran this season?

Hell, take away Al-Shamrani's 5 goals that match and he would still have finished higher than Yasser

How could I? the Saudi league is horribly under documented.

So he'll maintain that strike rate for the reminder of his career? He's in his prime now and if he retired right now I would agree but strikers do slow down later in their careers.

I don't have numbers but I do recall he once held something like 10 goals in 12 appearances when he first came into the national team.

Because like in Saudi Arabia, all spanish players play in their local league right?:rolleyes:

15. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah right. Watch the NK game again and see how your league's players were falling down like flies after running for 10 minutes

The point is, without the game against Watani, he wouldn't even have been topscorer; both Hassan Al-Yami and Mehayyani would have been higher. Do you want judge strikers' worth based on one game? I'm trying to show you how absurd it is to keep arguing that this guy is somehow entitled to play for the NT because he got top scorer. Being top scorer doesn't mean you're the best striker.

By the way, 5 of his goals were from penalties, unlike Yasser who doesn't take pk's for Hilal, and who played fewer games last season.

Then stop trying to mislead us about your boy Shamrani with incomplete stats! :p

If he doesn't get a serious injury inshallah he's well on-course to be the country's all-time top scorer.

Well 12 games is a much less useful sample than 62, don't you think? Use some common sense man (this is not نقاش بيزنطي). By the way, in 2007 he had about 12 goals in 16 games, which is still not higher than what Yasser has in 3 times as many games! But one thing about Nasrawis, they would never argue based on a single stat that Al-Harthi is better than Yasser.

What non-Spanish club did David Villa play for?

16. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I'm still waiting for a counter argument to this one. You haven't proved why you don't think the Saudi league isn't one of the best in Asia?

You do know that 10 of AL-Hasan Al-Yami's goals were penalties!:eek:
    And I think Al-Meyhani is better than both of them. :p

I don't think he's entitled. I just think he deserves more of a chance than Sultan, Hazzazi and Raheb. I think even Sultan had more minutes that Shamrani at this point.

Man, where do you get your stats anyway?:(

Considering the FA would play him even with crutches this seems slim.:p

Dani Guiza had more appearances for his NT than Nasser.

That and Villa finished only a goal under Samuel Eto in 2005/2006 which means he was the highest Spanish goalscorer that gave him a shot at the NT and was made a starter for the 2006 World Cup.

17. ksa11

ksa11 New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    great first step with the coach, a friendly with iraq a couple days before the game =)

just the type of friendly we need

BTW
    it will be on march 22

18. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Good choice. EyeRak are similar in style to Iran, and being EyeRak, they're going to give it 1000% against us even though it's a friendly, so you'll know it will be competitive. Let's just hope our players get out with their mafa9el intact.

19. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1030324.html#saudis+count+coaching+switch[/URL]
    just read it out

20. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    ايه صح الهلال اصلا كان خسران 2-0 والشباب قاعدين يلعبون فيهم كباري وحركات فمعليش ذكرتك بماضي اليم :d

21. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    طيب احلف إنك كنت شبابي وقتها؟ :d

22. ksa11

ksa11 New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Shamrany is one of the worst strikers in saudi arabia..

he is only lucky with his club..have you even seen him play with the saudi national team? HE SUCKS! ryan bilal (who also sucks) would be a better striker than him in the national team

23. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Now now let's not go too far. :D

ya5ee Naser El Johar really is dumb.
    يعني ما لقى أحد في النصر أحسن من ريان بلال؟
    كان خذ الموينع مثلاً بما إن عزيز موقوف، يعني موب معقولة تارس الفريق مهاجمين وما فيه إلا اثنين محاور ...
    ولا صح هو الظاهر ما يحب المحاور

24. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    nasser performance was too dumb against fath yesteday....yasser is quite well though..they should use malek and naif is starting line up.then substitute naif with nasser or raheb..lets see who the coach select for iraq freindly

25. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    When is the friendly? Is that the only friendly sceduled?