Sultan: "Expect a new coach this week"

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by Sayf, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The Saudi FA will appoint a new coach some time this week. Unfortunately, the leading candidate is Hilal's coach Cosmin Olariou :( I hope Hilal's president resists this ridiculous decision.

2. adelo

adelo Member

May 9, 2007
    Mother of Pigeons
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    No way, Hilal's current management is stonger than the Saudi FA. Maybe they will get that Portuguese guy (Bessero?) Ittihad were thinking of getting.
    I hope I'm wrong, but somehow I think they will keep Al-Johar for the Iran match at least. Pr. Sultan went unnecessarily too far to defend Al-Johar. I don't think he will back off, it's a pride thing.

P.S. I hear Scolari is free (wishful thinking).

3. nimrooo

nimrooo BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 16, 2005
    what's wrong with a change? I think the players will become more motivated no?

4. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    At the moment any coach is better than Nasser al johar!

5. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm not objecting to the change; I think the couch in my living room can come up with better tactics than Nasser Al-Johar. I just don't want it to be at Hilal's expense.

6. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If they could do it to Mohammed ibn Faisal they can do it to the current administration, unless Cosmin himself refuses. The Yellow Media has started a big "Appoint Cosmin" campaign; all of a sudden they think he's the best coach in the world. :D

7. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    the problem here is no coach is permanent...each one knows if he losses one match he is out...

8. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Shit.... I believe Johar should stay and the Saudi FA should wait for the result against Iran as everyone knows that KSA will surely lose the match against Iran ....

Just wait and show patience as it's the best thing to do when the team is have a decline in its form .....

9. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    guys pray that saudi fa dont hire jorvan viera as he is a free goat now..luiz flepi scolari will be rumuor coach...most probable will be cosmin olariu,calderon or hilals former coach perssario...what happened to johar..did he resigned or being fired.....one website said he resigned...middleeastfootball.com
    WHAT ABOUT SAMI AL JABER AS A COACH..

10. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

Saudis should not change their coach after even Iran's match as it will not be good for the team overall performance....

Johar should stay and his decision to be in the squad or not should be postponed uptill the Iran's match is ended.....

11. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    HAHAHAHAHAH keep dreaming. nice one :D

12. acecode47

acecode47 Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Jeddah
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    It's true that Al-Johar completely screwed up with the tactics against North Korea, even if they were considered minnows .. he took a risk against the odds and paid dearly for it.
    To be fair to him , North Korea played way better than anyone expected, their defense was top-notch, and they were efficient with the scoring.
    Anyway, it would be silly to change management at this point of time and lose whatever chemistry he has with the players. IMHO, the FA should wait until after the Iran game before making any personnel changes.

P.S. Why didn't Al-Shamrani play against N.Korea, I thought he was above Al-Nemri & Al-Raheb in terms of hierarchy?

13. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    TskTsk Sayf, putting the interests of your club before your nation?:(

My candidate would be Calderon. He's a good coach who also knows Saudi Arabian players well.

14. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Any one who followed Asian football knew all of this. They conceded 0 goals in the third round, including two games against South Korea. Only an idiot like Al-Johar and his buddies could have been surprised by the way NK played.

What?! What do you want us to wait for ya baba? Do you want to see what new formation he's gonig to concoct for us? Last game he played with no defensive midfielders; hey maybe against Iran he'll play with no central defenders!!! (like the 1920's :D). La 7abibi I would rather have the players coach themselves than have this person in charge. This is exactly the time to open a new page and bring in a new coach.

Nemri is not a striker. Shamrani was given many chances and he doesn't look like he knows what he's doing on the field. Even against Thailand he was useless. Raheb played 5 minutes against South Korea and almost created an equalizer. Al-Shamrani 7addah Al-Raed wel Watani.

15. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sub7an allah, why is it only Hilal that has to sacrifice its interests for the NT? How come Itti and Nasr never have to do this? We already gave 3 coaches to the NT, so I think it's somebody else's turn now.

By the way, Cosmin isn't that great; much too defensive and won't really solve the NT's problems. So it would be a decision that hurts Al-Hilal without really helping the NT. I agree that Calderon is the best choice, but he would never accept after the way the FA treated him.

16. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    So we don't choose based on Coach's ability but what club it's turn is now? Is this elementary school?

I don't mind if the NT took away Buker or anyone really (he's not all that great) and I do beleive that Calderon is the best for the job (You're right Cosmin really isn't the best choice) but what I'm trying to say I put national interests before club intrests any day of the week.

And really, when have Al-Nasr ever had a really good coach?

17. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Missing the point as always. :rolleyes:

18. acecode47

acecode47 Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Jeddah
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    IF he's still in charge, don't you think he'll have learned his lesson .. and definitely been berated at by his superiors. I thought Tayseer Al-Jasim was playing a deeper role in the game, not that I'm trying to justify his antics, he definitely should've had at least one proper defensive mid in there. We sorely missed Khalid 3aziz. Either way, if we do get a new coach who can help us qualify .. that would be nothing short of a miracle (a good one obviously:D). Forgive me for being unreasonable, but, like I said it's only IMHO that he should be given one last chance.

:p You're right about Al-Shamrani, just checked out what teams he's scored against .. I guess he's not really cut out for international football.

19. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Sami al jaber should be the coach.

20. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Has sami experienced coaching an NT before? If not, then that idea is stupid..SORRY. I don't think someone who has no experience whatsoever on coaching an NT would solve the problem of an NT who is currently on a tight condition.

21. ksa11

ksa11 New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    well guys, it's official, al johar is not the coach anymore

and as for samy, it's the same idea as the irani coach and he's doing well...

they also said

"* طرح اسم الكابتن سامي الجابر كاحدى الاسماء المرشحه لتولي منصب مدير المنتخب . "

Rumers say that cozmine was asked and that al hilal's president declined

other rumers are that cozmine asked i he could still coach al hilal

22. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

Sami Al Jaber is the New Saudi Coach ?????

Incredible & Unbelievable !!!!

23. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    did ali daei had experience,,and many more coaches,,helios dos anjos coached some first division team and see what he did too saudi NT..DID ANY 1 EXPECT SAUDI WOULD REACH FINAL OF ASIAN TEAM WHICH SUCH A YOUNG TEAM..EXPERIENCE IS NOT NEEDED ONLY KNOWLEDGE IS ENOUGH

24. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

My question remains the same: "Is Sami the New Coach ????

What is the source of this information ???? Where does it states that Al Johar has been fired ????

25. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    I don't know if you know that the saudi's are currently in big truoble! when ali Became NT things were alot more better than it is now for the saudi's