Suk Hyun-jun @ Troyes AC 2017-18 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Chingoo, Aug 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Why are so many J-Leaguers even being considered for the WC? I can't take a league serious where JHS is captain and scrubs like JWY or HEJ keep scoring goals :rolleyes:
    No to JHS, too. He's only in STY's squad because he played at the Olympics, there are no other reasons. Ridiculous as KMH from the same team is way better than him but never gets a chance (just like SHJ or KKW).

TaegukRedDevil and seolseol repped this.
  2. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good question. But we just have to accept JHS. He seems to be everyones favourite for some reason.. The others meeh. Well its hard when all your goalies are there.

3. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    It's the selected J-leaguers that are given the chance by STY that is the problem. First problem is that STY is shitty when it comes to player selections. Second problem is that he is reluctant to give other players a try. Hard to judge other players when they are not given the chance, and most of us don't even watch the league for us to come up with an evaluation.

4. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Jung WY is good player.. granted, he should be a rotational/backup. For KNT, he is asked to be something he is not + will never be. Shame he is poorly utilized by KNT managers

edit - btw, Lee DG & Kim SW continues to score goals for fun in K league (as did guys like Hwang EJ & Yang DH before they transferred). Do you take K league seriously? :coffee:

5. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Umm...Hwang Eui-jo struggled to score against K2 sides.

With that kind of logic, I can say the same thing about Yohei Toyoda with Ulsan and how he can't score for crap while being so prolific in the J. League. Do you still take the J. League seriously?

It doesn't matter if Hwang Eui-jo plays in the J. League. He has been given a handful of chances with the national team before and he has failed to produce. It's funny how you didn't rate him at all when he was playing in Korea, but you suddenly rate him now because he plays in Japan.

Takeuchi, your agenda against the K-League is way too obvious. Whether it's on BSK or Twitter.

Ice cube, aeh1991, jinseokyang and 5 others repped this.
  6. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He also had one good season in K league. What he is currently doing for awful Gamba team is no different. At the same time, that doesn't mean you shouldn't take J League or K league seriously. Judge the player instead of generalizing a league based on few selective players. Btw, I never liked Hwang EJ & I still don't. I do not want him near KNT at all... My disgust for Hwang EJ well established in this forum.. if I'm not mistaken.

As for Toyoda, yes.. he scored goals for fun in J League but never did I want him to play for JNT.

7. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Never understood the idea of Kim Min-hyeok being ignored and not getting tested out. Last I recall, he was playing fine and in-form, I mean the amount of times Shin Tae-yong was in Japan to check on the J-Leaguers, Kim Min-hyeok should've been an automatic pick no?

Shin Tae-yong's fetish is getting out of control.

8. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hwang Eui-jo struggled in K2 and with the national team respectively. I don't care if he's doing good in J-League because it's all a fluke, come national team and it's the same struggle all over again. Give up your WC dreams man, you ain't going to Russia.

9. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Tbf, he isn't the only manager guilty of it for KNT. Imo, KFA doesn't scout J League. Majority of the players they call up from J League (mostly just the GKs) are based on reputation they gained from K League, KFA youth and so forth (i mean, they even tested Song JH of Niigata). :rolleyes:

Those who started their careers in J League, it takes them years of good work/season for them to get recognized (but after their peak.. which is a shame imo) or just ignored in general.

Anyways, the hope on Suk HJ is fruitless. He won't be selected (wasn't selected once since Shin TY took over.. even when he was doing well & healthy).

10. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Nah. JWY sucks. Never seen a good game of him in the NT. Don't come with the excuse that he's being used wrongly (I guess you mean he should be used as a deep lying playmaker, instead of defensive midfielder). He has played Ki's part a few times and was terrible.
    Might be decent on Asian level, but on international level, he's too slow, not a great defender, lazy (how many times I've gotten angry about seeing him walking around) and his supposed strength which are long balls and free kicks are nothing special when facing real opponents. What else has he shown for the NT besides his one class free kick?

nmssis and 10August2012 repped this.
  11. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He had his few good games against low tier Asian teams in the "Ki" role but I agree with your opinion. Decent on Asian level but that's true for practically everyone on current KNT squad except for few players (such as Ki & Son). It is more of what he has done compared to his competition in the squad in unfamiliar role they are forced to play as Ki SYs partner in midfield.

12. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  13. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    started, but with Lille and Strasbourg leading it looks not good for Troyes

14. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    subbed at 70th. Was not that impressive today.

15. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Starts in the last game!

nmssis repped this.
  16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Relegated..

17. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    journey continues for the journeyman

seolseol and jessypjs repped this.
  18. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    nmssis, seolseol and jessypjs repped this.
  19. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I'd be really interested what his military plans are. Maybe he wants to do normal service after retiring? (Is that even possible?)

20. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

lol....this guy's living the dream!

seolseol repped this.
  21. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    He recently said that he would like to stay in France.

nmssis and seolseol repped this.
  22. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    killaorca, seolseol and Sons of Thunder repped this.
  23. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    it should be good thing for him, no?

24. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I guess it allows for him to know he has a place in Europe regardless of AG situation and still have some upside if a team comes calling.

25. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Staying despite Ligue 2. I like it. He will become very popular.