Suggestions for Guests?

Discussion in 'World Football Daily' started by WoodyinCU, May 8, 2009.

1. Nick Katz

Nick Katz New Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Actually, there are four USL teams left of the eight spots the Open Cup quarterfinals.

2. DCUdiplomat96

DCUdiplomat96 Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its not about converting, remeber Soccer is not popular here in the US so in several ways soccer still has to learn how to get respect... you cant do that by having steve and soccer diehards dissing every other US media outlet that speaks english

3. njndirish

njndirish Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Notre Dame, IN
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cowherd is further than he was in '06 towards appreciating soccer, but as for guests, Jozy is always a solid interview and I hope WSD remains in contact with him. I really wish that WSD would get Landon or TIMMAY.

4. DCUdiplomat96

DCUdiplomat96 Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JT the brick from Fox sports Radio

5. GregX

GregX New Member

Apr 23, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know the lower leagues don't get a lot of attention, but I'd love to have Simon from Oldham Athletic back on. Things are in an interesting state in Oldham. They're hurting for cash like a lot of clubs, and in an effort to reinvent themselves are building a new stadium on new grounds and even considering changing the name of the club to generate fresh interest (and because the new stadium will be in a different town). Not the kind of thing you hear about every day.

It might also be interesting to have someone from the USL on to talk about the state of finances and what is being done about it.

6. pitchmas

pitchmas New Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Craig waibel!
    You can check his podcast now at: www.pitchpulse.com
    [​IMG]
    He is going to interview a bunch of MLS players on and off field.
    his podcast is on itunes or on his site. Dig it, he answers questions with the perspective of a pro soccer player.
    How rad is that?

7. Abebe

Abebe Member

Aug 26, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jozy or Charlie Davies.

8. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Give me Tony from New Mexico!!!!

9. ScotlandRoad

ScotlandRoad New Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Jimmy McGovern?

10. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please get someone to talk about the Bundesliga again. It has not been covered to anything near the extent of England, Spain or Italy on the show. I like Johannes, but it always turns into some lovefest where they ask him about his girlfriend and there is little substantive talk about teams, transfers, etc.

11. TiltoKolapsas

TiltoKolapsas New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. I thought the interview with that guy was maybe the most substantive they ever did with a non-journalist and it would be good to hear from him again.

I have another suggestion - someone to talk about Scandinavia. With all the US players in Norway and Denmark, and with the Norway/Sweden/Finland leagues going on in the summer when most other leagues are not,
    it would be a good topic to cover occasionally.

Or that guy who called in last year and said that US teams should try to attract more fan enthusiasm by starting rivalries based on racial animosity, since it works so well in Europe. I think it was some guy from Minnesota. He was certainly interesting.

12. GregX

GregX New Member

Apr 23, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I know who you're talking about and he's certainly not someone I want representing the great state of Minnesota. I mean, we're nuts, but not that nuts.