Sudamericano U-17

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by GPisco, Mar 6, 2015.

1. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This has sadly been one of Ecuador's dirtiest secrets in football. In part due to the corruption of the FEF and their close ties to several agents and scouts who are unscrupulously exploiting these kids.

If there's ever been a case to justify greater access to education of our young footballers, this is it:

-Improved critical thinking
    -Developing fluent literacy
    -Independent mindset
    -Better self advocacy
    -International perspective
    -Open mind
    -Less reliance on evil minded poachers

These kids train for three hours a day and waste the rest of their day. They need to be in school taking an entire courseload and also learning about the outside world besides its soccer fields. Or maybe they can learn a trade, or volunteer, or do something. They're basically abandoned. Not much as changed countrywide since 2011 when I did my research on these topics for my master's degree. The only real changes have been at the higher levels where a lot of my friends (the old generation ballers) are starting to retire.

As a current inner city teacher in Miami, it's glaringly evident that the educational gap is hurting kids EVERYWHERE....it just so happens that in Ecuador our young ballers are being duped by others into doing these stupid things mainly because they are illiterate and gullible due to ignorance.

Luigi408 repped this.
  2. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Couldn't have said it any better myself. Education is where our players are hurting. Education can affect so much and in so many areas regarding soccer. From psychological to emotional, educating our players would improve us tremendously in the future. The talent is there but mental part of the game is where we struggle the most. Learning English for example would make it easier for these kids to adapt when they play outside of Ecuador. There has to be a huge change but i honestly doubt we will see it anytime soon. The government itself is crumbling in debt. The FEF is riddle with corruption. They don't give a damn about the kids. All they care about is the $$$.

3. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ecuadors group in this tournament will consist of Belgium, Honduras, and Mali.

We can put the blame on the FEF, scouts, and agents for exploiting this kids, but we gotta remember the parents share a part in this.

4. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

You're right- I can't dispute that fact. But running back to the education debate, these parents are equally poor and illiterate and take bad advice. They're innocent in the sense they don't know better, or alternatives because there are none. They make enough money to live day to day, so when a guy comes in willing to pay 5grand for a signature, there is little recourse. The entire system is very flawed and open to rampant abuses from those who control the money.

GPisco repped this.
  5. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
  6. midfield.design

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito