Sudamericano U-17

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by GPisco, Mar 6, 2015.

1. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
  2. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I hope soo too the future looks bright let's hope we have a good majority of players from this group, be playing in Europe by their 20's

3. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    When is the next game?

4. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    They're playing right now. Brazil scored an early goal.

5. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    we are down 2-0 lets hope we can pull a Venezuela on Brazil ;)

6. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Damn. Thanks! Just started watching it. Down 2-0 =( I have faith these kids will pull through though lol. Don't know why I am not worried.

7. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!! I knew it! Coming back! Beautiful. What a pass.

8. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Gosh we deserved that tie, I hope this loss serves us well, we will need to get points from Paraguay

9. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Seriously. They played great the second half. Didn't catch the first. I've never seen Brazil so defensive against any Ecuadorian NT game (any level). Even the commentator said it. I was amazed.

10. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    HAAAAAAA lol

I'm assuming you never saw Ecuador vs. Brazil in Quito 2009 Qualifiers. No ecuadorian NT will ever top that. That was the biggest humiliation Brazil could have received prior to the game vs. Germany in 2014 WC. Wasn't it like 25 shots on goal? at least half were clear goal scoring opportunities. What Ecuador could have done that day was something else. Due to the fact that miracles exist (and also the fact that our strikers lacked sufficient international experience), Brazil walked away with a 1-1. Til this day I don't think I've seen another game where any team (club or NT) get so lucky and walk away with a tie.

11. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I remember that game. One of the best performances but it was such a frustrating game to watch. Terrible just plain terrible not to score and win that game.

So okay, the second game I've seen Ecuador play against Brazil that way lol. When is the next game of U17?

12. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Next games the toughest game of this stage its against Paraguay on the 23rd not sure what time tho

13. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Casquete es un crack 2 goles en 10 miuntes

b9d23m89 and viagoal repped this.
  14. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    well we blew it 2-2 final score the game against Colombia and/or Argentina is a must win

15. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm telling you Zubeldia is gonna have him in consideration and will most likely make him debut this year. I don't doubt it.

16. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Saw only the first half. They played great. What the heck happened on the second half? How did they let themselves get tied?! Ecuadorian coaches need to start learning how to keep a lead smh.

17. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Connection kept cutting it off for me to watch the whole thing they played a good second half but their passes in the final third were horrendous and when i say horrendous i mean we could have won 5-2, 4-2 horrendous

18. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I feel like the mentality changes as we progress further in competitions we need to start winning again

19. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Big game today at 4:50 pm against a struggling Colombia side, this is a must win for both sides Ecuador are a better team all around but as we seen against Paraguay and Brazil things can go wrong. Ecuador are struggling against teams from the other group when they shouldn't be. Worst case scenario is that we'll lose so we need Brazil and Argentina to win so we have a better shot of qualifying.

20. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    How the hell did this Colombian team get past the group phase? It'd be an embarrassment for us if we don't win by goleada.

21. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Wow! Haha. I can't believe what just happened haha! Colombia ties and then Ecuador answers in matter of seconds haha!

Anyways, what a shitty defense Ecuador has still. Ecuador needs to start concentrating on developing defenders. Wow. That gol by Colombia displayed exactly how bad the defenders is. The goalie also has been horrible this past few games.

22. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    before the hexagonal stage Ecuador was the team with the least amount of goals against and best defense. I think they got cocky started slacking off and now they're paying for it. Anyways big Win we eliminated Colombia and we are i believe 1 point away from qualifying only a complete disaster could knock us out

23. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The way the U-17 plays (high pressure and very high work rate) I would say that one of the reasons we didn't get the results we expected in the prior two games against Brazil and Paraguay is b/c these guys got worn down. The game vs. Paraguay only had one sub from what I remember. Naula came in and that was it if im not mistaken. I missed today's game, but I think the coach needs to rest some guys if it's possible here and there. It may be the cockiness got to their heads as well (as they are only 17 yr old kids), but who knows. Now they're a step away from the WC. It would be very difficult to screw up right now.

GPisco repped this.
  24. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    i agree guys like Renny Jaramillo have been playing 90 min almost every game we make very little changes as well. the commentators mentioned this in our match vs brazil

25. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    now that you point it out it's true, i remember in the group stage we used all of our subs, in the hexagonal not so much. 17 year olds playing practically day in day out will wear them down. Paraguay lost to Brazil and if my math is correct an Argentinian victory today against Uruguay means we qualify and we'll find this out in the next 2 hours.