Suarez must be suspended from all matches.

Discussion in 'World Cup 2014: General' started by rob88, Jun 24, 2014.

1. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    Getting too close to the Andes... huh?

How about that Matuidi guy...

2. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    ??? about the Andes?

Matuidi should be punished too, but that has nothing to do with this thread either.

3. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Matuidi got punished appropriately.

4. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #504 Rickdog, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
    yeah, tell that to the player who had to be replaced due to his fault.

Not mentioning how France got the benefit of not needing to worry any more over the replaced player, who was no longer going to be in the pitch.
    The proper punishment for Matuidi would've been a direct red card for his action. He got it very cheap.

And after the game, he should get banned for as long time as Onazi takes to recover from his injury due to Matuidi's reckless foul

5. willim.michael

willim.michael New Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    now barca will buy him

6. DutchLion

DutchLion Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No, imho it is way too lenient.

Incredibly enough Barca, one of the most beautiful clubs in the world, wants to sign that beast.

At work we have a pool on how fast Suarez will bite another player and what his punishment will be.
    You can wait for it too happen but he, he is such a great player *sigh*

7. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  8. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    Well, the most Robben could get is a retrospective yellow card that would be immediately wiped off due to the amnesty. Diving is only punishable by a booking.

jerrito repped this.
  9. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    #509 waitforit, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
    He didn't dive for the 93rd minute penalty and he didn't get a penalty for his dive. Robben had 3 instances where he fell in the penalty area. 2 of them were a penalty

Also I hate the implication that Suarez was punished because he is S American from some people. It's a dumb use of the race card

jerrito repped this.
  10. DutchLion

DutchLion Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Didn't you notice the underlined 'he dived' in Rickdog's post ?
    For sure this is just as bad as biting and a sound argument in this topic.
    Blatant hypocrisy from FIFA/UEFA/pampered-Europeans (any combination goes)

/sarcasm-off

jerrito repped this.
  11. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    you'd have needed to know that such a punt was on offer, but in hindsight 175/1 on suarez biting someone was damned easy money. and 167 people actually placed that bet.

i doubt many would have a flutter on "dignity and self-respect" at like odds. i'm certainly not tempted.

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    naughty kittens! they shall have no pie!

jerrito and canis repped this.
  13. Guevara

Guevara Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Aix-en-provence
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Fans from outside of Europe seem to have an obsession with lambasting European teams and players. Get over the Matuidi thing, as that should not be made into a bigger issue than it was. It was nothing like what Alex Song or Suarez did.

And the Robben diving? Notorious diver, no doubt. But let's cast a light on the Brazilians, who dive left and right. Robben was deserving of a penalty in the box; just because he finally got a penalty at an opportune moment doesn't mean people can cry foul or conspiracy.

M and jerrito repped this.
  14. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    The problem is, that if we are punishing Suarez, then lets punish all of the cheaters. It has been proven over and over again that Neymar (just to name one) dives and exaggerates. He should be punished as well then. Granted, the degree of the cheat is way lower than a bite, and it is not detrimental to the health of the other player, but it is still a cheat. So imo, either we punish all, or none.

Rickdog and DutchLion repped this.
  15. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    We can not punish players according to the degree of injury.

He did not commit an infraction that warranted a red card.

Since there was obviously no intent to injure from his side, we should never ever consider the degree of injury as a basis for punishment.

Pandore repped this.
  16. DutchLion

DutchLion Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I am all for the-punish-all-who-cheat Yañez.
    Numerous sports have implemented and use modern technology for immediate in-game reviews, 2nd opinion or whatever it is called. I doubt FIFA will catch up in the next 2 decades, slow and old as they are.

I just would like to get rid of incoming with 2-legs, diving (yellow) and diving (red if inside the box).

At the same time I hope the game remains physical and accept that some amount and kind of faults are and should
    be part of the game.

17. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    State leagues are televised. All state leagues. Even the ones where no club plays in any of the 4 national level divisions.

18. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Eh? You are so nervous because of Suarez that you lost any capacity for logic pal. My medicine tastes good. Suarez was justly punished, and HOW MANY TIMES must I say that Rodrigo Paiva should be punished if found guilty?

I agree he should be punished, what the hell are you and Rickdog complaining about? Your whole blah blah blah here is directed at me if i was defending stupid Rodrigo Paiva.

19. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Except from the start i did Rodrigo Paiva should be punished, if proven guilty. :rolleyes:

How is that losing objectivity?

No pal. I called you troll for posting unrelated stuff, all of them nonsensical and unrelated, and when questioned or proved wrong, instead of answering objectively, you Only posted more links which did not even would contradict what i said. And now you accuse me of losing objectivity, when it's you who clearly have not answered objectively nothing?

20. Adam Vrbas

Adam Vrbas New Member

Jul 5, 2014
    A tribute to all divers and chaters:

Horseshoe and canis repped this.
  21. KennyDalglish

KennyDalglish Member

Feb 2, 2007
    I am not supporting Suarez but I would recommend a harsher punishment for Juan Zuniga for that knee on Neymar over Suarez' bite. The knee is definitely more dangerous than the bite unless Suarez is actually a zombie or has a life threatening contagious disease. (If it is the latter, the case could potentially be attempted murder or something alongst those lines which removes it from the scope of FIFA)

The punishment for biting an opponent on top of a 6 match ban max should be something like being forced to wear a mouth guard or mouth mask or something like that. The sheer embarrassment of such a punishment should force any player from thinking twice before biting an opponent. In the case of Suarez, he should wear the device covering his mouth for the rest of his playing career as three times is one too many times.

22. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I think it is the fact that it was done THREE times now. How many times has Zuniga used his knee to hurt an opponent? If it is three times or more I would support him getting a harsher penalty.

DutchLion repped this.
  23. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    that play was part of any game, too bad contact on the brazilean produced your comments.
    juan Z is not know for that behavior, the particular game you refer to had a referee way out line and with no discipline on mind, produced reckless plays like that

jerrito repped this.
  24. Djurmoman

Djurmoman New Member

May 9, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo > messi

25. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club: