Suarez must be suspended from all matches.

Discussion in 'World Cup 2014: General' started by rob88, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Albirrojo

Albirrojo Member

Aug 27, 2004
    #451 Albirrojo, Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
    Whether embellishment is legal or not would seem to be a question for the officiating thread however by the rules, you can not dive and you can not feign injury. It almost seems to be a gray area here.

Are we talking about embellishing the dive or embellishing the effect of the foul? Acting injured.

Here wikipedia reads:

"Dives are often used to exaggerate the amount of contact present in a challenge."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diving_(association_football)

So you have contact but if you exaggerate it to an amount, you are in effect, embellishing it. Same with exaggerating an injury say.

2. canis

canis Member

Jun 10, 2014
    La reina del Plata
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is probably it. But in any case, good for him.

3. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Here is another. Not saying these are red cards as I think they are all yellow card worthy. It is the inconsistency that is driving me nuts. This was during a crucial part of the game too (actually maybe five minutes before Marchisio's red).

Blaise Matuidi Was Somehow Not Red Carded For Brutal Tackle On Ogenyi Onazi
    http://thebiglead.com/2014/06/30/bl...red-carded-for-brutal-tackle-on-ogenyi-onazi/

4. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Maybe a yellow. MAYBE. No intent to injure. Did not go studs up. Did not go from behind. Did not go two-footed. Clearly went for the ball but was a might too late. I am not 100% sure if I would give any card, although if a yellow were given I would not argue much.

Gee whizz. There are a few worse situations in every game in this WC.

5. canis

canis Member

Jun 10, 2014
    La reina del Plata
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not only intention counts. Using excessive force is enough to get a red card. I would say this was the case.

6. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    There does not seem to be excessive force either.

7. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Agreed for the most. The play starts with a miss control on offense leading to a dangerous lunge in attempts to recover while the opposing player is also trying to aggressively win the ball. The studs are certainly showing/up though. This is not dissimilar to Valencia's sending off for Ecuador. Marchisio's warranted a yellow for similar reasons. Each of the plays start as a result of a poor offensive touch.

The difference being that Matuidi was yellow carded and the game was not changed whereas the other tackles produced a red.

8. canis

canis Member

Jun 10, 2014
    La reina del Plata
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Right. He just fractured him. No worries unless he kills him.

9. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    The tackle broke Ogenyi Onazi's ankle. Even Matuidi apologized for being reckless. It's difficult to suggest that it wasn't excessive even if unintentional.

To not produce a red in that situation after what we have seen is extraordinarily inconsistent. It was a horrible tackle.

canis repped this.
  10. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    No, it wasn't. Keep in mind that the guy's weight was on the same ankle. Besides, and that is even more important: we do not judge severity of a foul by the resulting injury.

11. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    it's all over - as easy to find as all the Uruguayan press "news" that you were posting the other day - it just takes the will to do it

http://www.goal.com/en/news/584/brazil/2014/06/30/4926185/pinilla-paiva-worse-than-suarez

https://twitter.com/pinigol51

"Your" Fifa in action

12. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    :rolleyes:

if Rodrigo Paiva did it, it´s a SHAME (something you will never admit about Suarez) and he deserves to be punished and be banned from this and from the next World Cup.

CBF will present a video tape from a security camera on the trial, which according to them shows the Chileans provoking and Rodrigo Paiva only pushing someone who pushed him. I obviously don´t know who is guilty, but if Rodrigo Paiva is guilty, or if the chilean player is guilty, or if BOTH are guilty, the guilty must be punished.

btw, enough with your nonsense Guri. When I replied to that post it was NOT yet everywhere, and since he didn´t give the name of Paiva nor the name of Pinilla, I could not find.

now it´s YOUR time to admit Suarez was wrong and deserved punishment.

13. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    and lucio? and kaka?

cris (no h) was HUGE for 3 years at lyon. the policeman. the best defender in france, one of the best in europe and one of the big reasons lyon became the team they did in those days. he was every bit as good as lucio and only got less respect because he played for a less prestigious team.

in 2007 he was badly injured by elmander and was never really the same after that (though for a couple of years he wasn't bad).

judging the 2004 to 2007 cris by the yardstick of 2009 and later is like judging garrincha based what he was in the 70's.

14. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    as a french fan i agree with all of this but would not have been outraged or even surprised if the ref had changed to red when the seriousness of the injury became clear. it would have been a tough break for matuidi (not as bad as for onazi obviously) but s*** happens.

i feel that matuidi's attitude was a big help to him, and wonder why so few players even consider it: admitting your mistake, being sincerely sorry, and then just shutting up and letting the ref decide.

15. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    So according to you, is it normal for the press to be inside the corridor between the dressing rooms and the pitch, the same dressing rooms and maybe the bench where a team sits during a match, at the same time the match was being played ?:rolleyes:

Nobody from the press should've been there in the first place, as during the match it is not the moment for doing any reporting or interviews, on the players as they need to be focused on the match that hadn't ended yet. And the chilean players hardly ever give interviews during half time recess and if they do, it is at the pitch side (never in corridors or dressing room during the match). The sole circumstance of trying to get an interview at that moment, specially if it is from the opposing teams press, can be considered as an attempt to provoke players. Once the match ends, they can get free access to the area, but never during the match which was still being played at that moment, when the respective incidents happened.
    And the press official in charge (Mr.Paiva), knows it pretty well.

But the brazilian press, unfortunately considers itself diferent from the rest of their colleagues from other parts of the world, and they feel that they can do almost anything (during the days prior to the match, Red O Globo, even hired a helicopter to attempt to spy from the sky, on Chile's private practices). And if any player doesn't want to answer or give an interview, he is not forced to do so. That is why FIFA created the press conference after the matches, where the coach and some players (whomever the team decides to send), must attend and answer some questions, to all the world's press.

He (Mr. Rodrigo Paiva), should be banned from his duties for the rest of the WC.

16. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i once saw a video of a sideline commentator at a brazilian league game putting a mike under a player's nose during a CORNER KICK!

and getting an answer to his question!!!

17. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    As I said many times, but you and most other hypocrites on this forum don't want to hear(I wonder why:rolleyes:), is that you and the other hypocrites are attacking Suarez ONLY and say NOTHING about anybody else, especially(as your case proves it) if it involves YOUR OWN team.
    What I think about Suarez or I dont think about Suarez has absolutely nothing to do with it, but you(and the rest) will continue to go back to it because it distracts attention from what's going on.

And thuggery in the tunnel or near the locker room at half time or after the game in Brazil is nothing new. We see it every year at the Libertadores.

18. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    This is a Suarez biting thread, is it not?

Horseshoe repped this.
  19. Doppel

Doppel Member

Jun 21, 2014
  20. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    1 - Rodrigo Paiva is not "press" as far as I know. He is the Head of Public Relations of CBF.

2 - I don´t know if the Head of Public Relations of the CBF being in the corridor, together with players and OTHER STAFF from CBF and Chilean Confederation is normal or not. Do you know?

3 - if it´s not normal, it´s not for me to decide, because I don´t know. If it´s not normal, FIFA should punish him.

3 - I said "the guilty must be punished". Thus, if Rodrigo Paiva is guilty of anything, he should be punished. Simple as that pal. Maybe you Chileans and Uruguayans should stop being butthurt and reading stuff where there is none.

who from the press was there, doing reporting and interviews?

eh? Who the hell was trying to get an interview at that moment?

he should, if it´s proved the head of public relations of CBF should not be there, AND if it´s proved he started the fight OR punched a chilean. Even if he did not start the fight, he should be banned IF he punched a Chilean.

Now get off your high horse because you clearly doesn´t even know what the hell you are talking about, when you say Rodrigo Paiva is a reporter.

21. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    link to the video? Are you sure it was not a state league game?

22. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    yes, we also see that from Chileans, Argentineans and mainly from Uruguayans. At least in Brazil we don´t see cops protecting players with shields when they go take corner kicks, because the fans dont pelt players taking corner kicks with stones.

23. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #473 Rickdog, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    Yeah, in Brazil, instead of stones they throw toilets seats at other fans, and flares inside the pitch, after which their stadiums don't receive any ban, while others do get the worst punishment for lots less things .......

Besides if the referee decides to take action, in some brazilian grounds they might cut his head off by the mad fans.... Fortunately FIFA put lots of security guards to protect the referee's in this WC, or probably its fans would have cut Mr. Webbs head off, for having the dare to call out a hand ball against Brazil....
    :p

24. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wo...il-communications-director-Rodrigo-Paiva.html

25. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

gee, you are really out of arguments eh?

Cut the head off the referee? Please, tell me in what league that happened?

In a COMPLETELY AMATEUR GAME involving neighbours of a god damn forsaken SMALL town in middle of the amazon.

Was the toilet thrown in the pitch? Or the firework?