Alert: Stromacchioni: do we want him to stay as the coach or no???

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by MetroChile, May 6, 2012.

?

Do you want to keep Stromacchioni as the coach?

1. Yes! By all means

83.3%
  2. No: he should go back to work with the youth set-up and we need someone w/ experience.

16.7%
  1. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Pretty simple, guys:

I think the guy's record has been 5-2-1 since he took over an interim basis and that includes an epic victory over that lowly Milan team.

Do you want him to stay as the coach? Should Moratti and Branca go for someone with more experience and/or a more substantial CV? Should Stromacchioni keep doing his thing with the squadra primavera? The team in which he was getting very good results.

What do you guys think??

2. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm going to wait and see how we do vs lazio, as of right now I would keep him
    he has:
    made the team look like a real title contender
    managed to beat milan
    managed to close a 9 + lead of whoever was in 3rd place down to 0 and now 3 points
    employed and made logical decisions on formation/personnel with little "wtfs?"
    only Leo has had such successful of a start out of the last couple of coaches and with no top team experience

3. Mago Cuscatleco

Sep 17, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I still can't get the Parma game out of my mind...Inter looked lost.

4. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Think you mean to say the second half of Parma-inter, we were winning 1-0 until the second half collapse

5. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    At the very least, I'd like him to stay on as the assistant of whoever comes in...if another manager does take over. The goal celebration with Maicon showed a real closeness with the squad, the guy knows of all the promising youngsters that may be coming through the ranks (due to his work with the U19s) and his record on an interim basis has been nothing short of promising...bar that second-half debacle at Parma.

6. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he's staying, moratti confirmed it this morning
    now to see which players will stay or go

7. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    First Italian coach that I'm genuinely excited about. Gasperini was a hopeless man after he refused to adjust. I think he is still a great manager, but I don't get the arrogance of still playing 3-5-2. Ranieri, while experienced, also seemed lost. Stromacchioni on the other hand, feels like a true, passionate manager.

He has come through our youth system, and he knows who we can expect from them. He has had a significant taste of the lime light and he knows what is expected of him. I certainly hope he can contribute and develop as a coach for the Nerazurri.

I think he should stay... as we are building for financial fair play, and I hope he can add some stability to the club. Plus he is Italian, so he knows what the shirt means as well.

Plus which coaches are alternatives? I mean the only one I'd want is possibly Marcelo Bielsa. Outside of him; I don't want any of the following -- Hiddink, Capello, or Van Gaal. Too expensive, and only going in age. So who else? Vilas Boas? Possibly, but he is arrogant with the 4-3-3, and as Mourinho showed, Inter can't played a 2 wing system. We can play more of a 4-3-2-1.

8. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Bring back Ranieri IMO.;)

9. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Well we beat Milan even with him at the helm so in that case, you should probably be very worried. ;)

10. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    We lost by less though.;)

11. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He should stay. They squad so far have spoken well of him and he knows what is expected. Internazionale are going through a rebuilding phase and he can carry Internazionale through that period.

juventino13 repped this.
  12. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'd agree with that
    lulz

13. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Time to re-visit this thread methinks.

14. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont think we a) have the money to hire a big coach to "turn" this season upwards and b) enough negative results for moratti to cut off his head plus he his considered as part of the "future plan"
    I don't want him to leave really, he is the only one or one of the very few who knows our primavera well and knows what the president's vision is , if we drop to potential relegation spots then thats when I would say enough is enough