Pre-match: Strikers vs. San Antonio Scorpions ::: NASL Match 24

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by drSoFlaFan, Aug 23, 2012.

1. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Saturday, August 25 • Kickoff: 7:30 PM • Lockhart Stadium​
    This is a big one, as are all 3 of the final home games in the regular season. Need to keep the home dominance up( a win or draw Saturday would make it only 1 home loss since August 27th of last year, nearly an entire year). Getting points vs. SA, then TB and PR would surely put us in prime position to grab a 4th place or better finish.​
    The Ultras are doing a FIFA tourney at the tailgate which starts at 3PM. Also the team will be giving away Strikers sunglasses to try and break the world record for most worn in the dark in one gathering. Should be fun as always!​

Antique repped this.
  2. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well said, dr. It looks like Isaac will have somewhat less of an impact than expected, but it may be wise to bring your poncho or other rain gear.

GO STRIKERS!!

3. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah I hope the rain stays away long enough to get the game in before I'm drenched again. LOL Another week, and another huge game in the stretch run. We have been so horrible on the road this year, there really isn't much doubt about it - we've got to win our remaining home games. They are against the three teams ahead of us int he standings, but no excuses, still must wins, every single one. Winning them takes almost all the pressure off the last two road games against the bottom feeders. With a strong enough finish there is still even the opportunity to jump into 2nd and get that first round bye. Although I'm guessing the Tailgate Show crew will not like the missed opportunity! LOL

Does anyone know why Stewart has been completely out of the lineup the last couple of games? I know he was hurt, but it seemed like he was playing through it. It's to the point now I can't hardly even hazard a guess at half our lineup with all the secrecy and Shore's usual musical chairs. I guess the main questions are, is the new loanee from Seattle ready to come in and play significant minutes in Restrepo's former role? And who starts up front for Herron this time? We need the back line and defensive MF to continue their improved play, and Stahl needs to be all over Campos all game long. Go Strikers!!!!

4. Heggis27

Heggis27 Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Currently a 40-50% chance of thunderstorms at game time Saturday night with ~20 MPH winds...

...could be fun.

I'm just glad this storm isn't effecting the TB game...though I'm sure something else will crop up then.

5. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had a cold for over 2 weeks. Weather may make this the 1st game I miss this season....:(

6. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    so how many red cards will we see today ?

7. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Strikers survive two posts, and get an Abe Brace (1 on rainy PK *1 for 2 in that regard/another on a distance shot off Sattler's hands) and survive an OG off a set piece scrum.....or something......to prevail 2-1.

8. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bad cold + rainy night = first game I've missed this season....:(

At least we got the 3 points.....:) That does make not going to Ft Lockhart a bit less bitter.

Hopefully next Saturday brings better weather when TBR comes to Ft Lockhart.

9. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BIG 3 points! Right in the mix for at least a home playoff game in round one, if not 2nd place and a bye. If I'm not mistaken, a Strikers win next weekend coupled with a FC Edmonton loss or draw would clinch a playoff spot.

Abe was huge tonight, nailed the PK and fired a blast Sattler couldn't handle. Only 3 more goals and he passes Romario(18) for most goals in franchise history. He passed Alex Afonso's 15 tonight to move into second place. Abe is the only one in the top 3 who has spent more than one season with the club. Andy's back next week so he'll see less time but I hope he gets the record.

Smoke & Mirrors repped this.
  10. Yahhh Steve

Yahhh Steve Member

Feb 19, 2009
    South Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great stuff from Abe.

Where's the guy that said he was "done"?

11. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While the win was big, I think everyone wants to know...did they break the world record for most people wearing sunglasses at night? :cool:

12. Heggis27

Heggis27 Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    It was called off due to the weather. I believe they've rescheduled it for the final regular season home game on the 8th.

13. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the update! I hadn't heard anything and thought it was a bit odd they would try to break the record and then not report the result.