Pre-match: Strikers vs. San Antonio Scorpions ::: NASL Match 17

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by drSoFlaFan, Jul 11, 2012.

1. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Saturday, July 14 • Kickoff: 7:30 PM • Lockhart Stadium​
    Big one on Saturday, after two disappointing road results, it's back home to face the first place Scorpions. They lost tonight in Bayamón but are still at the top of the table via goal difference.​
    Tailgate kicks off at 3PM, the Ultras are hosting a FIFA tournament and The Tailgate Show is throwing a pool party(with a pool). Epicness will surely ensue.​

2. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gordon (back) in / Granado out.
    Will defintely help their porous back line.
    Welcome home, Scotty..........

3. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    100% agree on Gordon's return, Lucky. He can play either back position, so my guess is we see him immediately inserted at left back tomorrow night, assuming no injury or fitness issues. A little sad to see Granado go, but injuries hampered him for two years now, plus he's been part of commodity group this team has had a plethora of for two years now unlike any other player - small, speedy MF's.

As usual, here is my lineup prediction for tomorrow night:

Glaeser
    Blake - Stewart - Stahl - Gordon
    Pecka - Shanosky - Restrepo - Anderson
    King - Herron

At this point it seems King has probably pulled ahead of Hassan to start at the second forward spot. If Herron is still hurt I assume we'll see Abe up top instead. This is going to be a difficult game. Hoping that the short turn around and extended travel effects the Scorpions. Plus, for some reason I still can't fathom, at home we actually look like a far better team than we do on the road. From everything I've read and heard we should have at least our second largest crowd, if not our largest crowd of the season as well. Really need to put on a show, and get a win to get the casuals and first timers to come back. Go Strikers!!!!

4. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

hey, no surprise.
    A lot of us older folks loved the Scorpions back in the day. Great band.
    Wait.......what?o_O

5. Ben@StrikersMedia

Ben@StrikersMedia New Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Miami/Fort Lauderdale Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Toni Stahl is suspended for this match. (5 yellow cards)

6. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Strikers up 1-0

7. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    a goal and a red card for SA

1-1 and 11 vs 10

8. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Member

Mar 5, 2001
  9. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Strikers continue to defend like they drink rum DURING matches.............

10. cwgator

cwgator Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That will make Bicardi happy. :p
    Sad.... our guys have exchanged 9 points for 3 in stoppage time ( maybe more). This needs to stop
    or Atlanta may creep up on us.

11. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Andy Herron bends it like Beckham and the Strikers are up 2-1, and then things go wrong

12. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    He let his defense have it in the post game interview.

13. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another pathetic defensive letdown at 90+ to snatch a draw from the jaws of victory. Like the Marlins, we're getting to be very good at this. Since Wynalda seems to have done something good for Atlanta we may be heading for an early end of the season with no post season after all.

Like the last game, piss poor and unacceptable....:thumbsdown:

14. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    though a good crowd, over 5 K

15. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Member

Mar 5, 2001
    How many of those were freebies?

Read that a lot of tickets were given out to local charities.

16. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wow, that's at least three times this year we've dropped two points from a match we should have had. Inexcusable. Funny thing is, for the most part, I thought our defending was a bit better than it has been recently. Stewart and Lorenz were better than last game. I think they took advantage of the fact that Stahl was out on both of their goals. Both were plays where they were simply looking to target Campos with the ball and have him try and beat the man marking him. They actually did this repeatedly all night, but twice he beat his man and made us pay both times. If Stahl was in he might have been the one assigned to mark him, and who knows if that would have made a difference.

All of that would have been moot though if not for their keeper. The guy was phenomenol on at least 3 or 4 different saves that were sure goals. Was surprised to see Lance warming up before the game, and come on as a sub. Then again we never get injury news, good or bad. He looked a little rusty, but that's to be expected I guess. But not getting that win makes it even more crucial to get our first road win now this week. I'm thinking we need to come home from these two road games with at least four points. Then we'll have a chance to put some distance between us and the Silverbacks for playoff positioning with a home and home against them.

Very nice crowd on hand, and a good atmosphere. Shout out to the Ultras and Flight 19 for their usual good job. Very anxious about Wednesday night in Minnesota. A win in that match would be huge. Let's go Strikers!!!