Strikers Stadium Thread

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by drSoFlaFan, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Stephen York

Stephen York Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL.
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Any idea how the field will be laid out? From the image below, the options looks bit awkward, IMO.:
    [​IMG]

2. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Picture from a few days ago. MLS Combine when here each year places cameras on the empty field side on scaffolding aiming towards the seating.
    [​IMG]

3. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Interesting. There are probably lots of exceptions everywhere if I'd really look at it. N-S may just seem normal to me.

4. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Oh, no! You found the non-linear football concept. That guy used to post on the Houston Dynamo board occasionally.

http://lmxsws.blogspot.com/

Stephen York repped this.
  5. Stephen York

Stephen York Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL.
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    ve
    Haha, I have not heard of non-linear football before - that's google for you!

Regardless, this is a nice stadium, and it will do it good to have a consistent tenant. Maybe eventually they will get a CPL Cricket team.

Antique repped this.
  6. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They weren't in the USA (obviously), but Antigua Barracuda FC did play at a cricket stadium when they were in a US league (USL Pro at the time). One USL coach told me it was not an optimal venue overall, but that the field was the best he had ever seen.

Apropos of almost nothing.

Stephen York and Antique repped this.
  7. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saturday August 20th, 2016 at 7 PM is the date and time of the Strikers 1st home game outside of Lockhart at the Cricket Stadium in Central Broward Regional Park in Lauderhill, FL . F-19 Tailgate is in Pavilion #1 starting at 4 PM and all are invited.

Considering the teams on field unpredictable performances and the Front Office's frequent blunders it promises to be an interesting and memorable afternoon and evening because no one really has a clue how this event will turn out. It could very well be, one way or another, the most interesting sporting event in Broward in 2016...;)

F-19 hopes to see you there....:)

Prosoccercdn and brentgoulet repped this.
  9. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could be worse.
    [​IMG]

Antique repped this.
  10. Strikermansteve

Feb 10, 2012
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Great first night, on and off the field...there is some real potential with this venue...let's just open a few more windows at concessions during halftime. This really feels like the right move for this team.

Sam U El, Antique and brentgoulet repped this.
  11. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Attendance of 2,247 with a statement by Luis Cuccatti in a halftime interview that the team will be much more proactive in getting more fannies in seat since they feel that they now have a venue that is much more attractive and fan friendly. Hopefully this is so.

In speaking to some FO folks they agree about concession problems and intend to fix that by the next home game. There was also a minor problem with the use of the park's pavilions for tailgating. Park management thought renting them out until 6PM would not interfere with the pavilions the Strikers wanted. They now understand that they are needed at 4PM at the latest and 3Pm would be better. We will see how this plays out on September3rd when the Strikers play the Cosmos at home because the F19 tailgate was excellent.

The people that paid for premium, midfield, sideline seats at Lockhart are not happy with what they will get as replacements since there are zero (0) seats like that available. Maybe they will resolve this next year but I do not see that much can be done about it now.

One disturbing trend is apparent in the list of people that staff the FO. If you check the list on strikers dot com you will see it is very small. One individual I spoke with last night about ways to get the local residents to start attending games announced on Facebook at games end he is not longer with the team after 5 years as a very effective employee. Maybe the rumors we are hearing about the money from Brazil no longer being readily available are true. That bothers me.

I hope all is well with the team because Strikermansteve is correct about the potential the Central Broward Cricket Stadium has as a home for the Strikers. It is certainly there. I only hope they have the $$$ and determination to exploit it.

brentgoulet repped this.
  12. Titanole

Titanole Member

Nashville SC
    United States
    Feb 15, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    Nashville Metros
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I watched on ESPN3 and there didn't look like 2200 people there but I don't know how many people sat on the small bleachers opposite the permanent stands. The odd thing is the large building at the center of the arc. It's just strange to see a stadium where the best seats in the house are not there.

And kudos to Amauri for making SportsCenter's top ten that night. What a weird thing of beauty that goal was.

13. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most were packed into the west stands to get out of the early sun. 1W, 2W & 3W were pretty nearly filled. I was with F19 in 6W and the 2 sections next to us were anything but empty. Since the Strikers only counts folks through the gate and seems to have been quite honest about it this year I'd say that a bit over 2,200 is legit.

The building is in keeping with the concept of a Cricket Stadium I believe. There are also reserve seats inside that I've heard go for $2K each. I was told they were nearly all sold. BTW, the locker rooms, etc are in that building so there will not be any outside seating there. If you want a midfield, or near midfield you have to sit on the north side underneath the cameras. Bleachers with no seats and no roof covering. A lot of the season ticket folks that paid for premium seats are not happy about that. The place is built specifically for a sport other than the one that you saw on ESPN3 so the fit is imperfect, but the amenities plus the attempts at making it a fun experience will make it work, IMO.

14. Titanole

Titanole Member

Nashville SC
    United States
    Feb 15, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    Nashville Metros
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, I get that it is not a soccer stadium and that it is going to have a different layout. It just looked a little strange with a building there and no stands. I kept trying to look in the windows and see what was in there. I didn't see what looked like fans but it was hard to tell. Now I guess now the challenge is to get people out there and make the move a positive one in terms of butts in seats as well as amenities.

Also, they said on the broadcast that they were playing on a short field. I read somewhere that they moved the field closer to the stands which has to decrease the length of the pitch. Does anyone know the dimensions of this field compared to Lockhart?

15. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lockhart = 75 x 116
    CBCS = 71 x 110

Duke Kickass and brentgoulet repped this.
  16. Oakland_Soccer

Sep 27, 2015
    Oaktown, Cali
    Club:
    San Francisco Seals
    it looked decent from the pictures. for sure has more of a new and fresh feel which is a what the Strikers needed right now.

I love the history and layout of Lockhart, but it does need a major renovation, this is probably a good temporary solution.

Antique repped this.
  17. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Here some Hi-Lites from last saturday

Sam U El and Antique repped this.
  18. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    brentgoulet repped this.
  19. Strikermansteve

Feb 10, 2012
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Well that's just lovely...thanks for wrecking my afternoon. I've spent the greater part of my life in this stadium, going back to 1977.

20. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMG_3826.JPG

Cosmos: "Can we have that?"