Pre-match: Strikers @ Atlanta Silverbacks ::: Match 3

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by drSoFlaFan, Apr 19, 2011.

1. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Week 3 is upon us! The boys begin their first road trip in Atlanta against the 0-2-0 'Backs. Hopefully we can grab a win early in the trip and start it off right.

I do hope after we leave the Silverbacks start winning though, because they've posted some decent crowds and I hope they keep it up for the good of the league. If they keep losing who knows how long before they start pulling MFC numbers.

Also, be sure to look for myself and a hearty group of other Striker Likers who will be driving up for the game early Friday morning and staying for the weekend. Assuming the ATL webcast is the same as last week, we'll be on the right side of your screen in the last section, on the side opposite the cameras. We'll have our red and yellow flags and our man Cesar rocking the quad drums, can't miss us!

2. AmericanMag

AmericanMag Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are there any pubs/bars that the supporters groups go to that will be showing this game?

For that matter, is there a pub/bar that anyone goes to for a pre/post match pint? Went to the Frog and Toad after the first match but it was already dead and the girl was wanting to close it early... 11:00 on a Friday FFS!

3. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nobody shows the games because they are only streamed online. But if someplace has WiFi, you can watch on a laptop or hook it up to one of the TVs. We need to organize and pick a place, or places, to have watch parties at. A few of us that really want to set it up will be at the game for this first road match, but if anybody wants to take a stab at organizing a watch party somewhere go for it!

Frog and Toad is great, we go there after the games sometimes.

4. Wog Vader

Wog Vader Member

Sep 30, 2004
    Miami Beach
    Yes, you only needa HDMI cable and a supporting tv/computer with a decent connection. The streams aren't HD quality, but they're ok. Why don't we get some replies of who is interested and where people live to organize a spot or spots?

5. cwgator

cwgator Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our road trip crew did us proud! Drums and colors were a site to see.
    Loved it when one of the Strikers used the scarf to dry his hands before the throw in LOL
    Strikers Win W 2-1 Coudet PK again!

6. Wog Vader

Wog Vader Member

Sep 30, 2004
    Miami Beach
    Victory!!! Happy to get first W of the season, mad that I had so many probs with stream :mad:

I could not see much of the game b/c of chopiness, but that could be b/c of my computer/internet connection.

Was the penalty call legitimate? I only saw the penalty taken, not the fould leading up to it. Freaking stream stopped during the kick, too, just after it hit underside of crossbar. Was torture!

7. cwgator

cwgator Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a good call. Coudet likes to go top shelf on those PK's .....almost too high.
    We were lucky not to get one called on us minutes before.
    Big Road Win!!!

8. Gater

Gater Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Davie/Ft Lauderdale
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree - from what I could see the penalty was a fair call.

For what it is worth, some of my observations:
    The bad:
    - tonight seemed to be the weakest performance of the first three games
    - with the exception of the last 10 minutes or so of the game, there seemed to be no real continuity to the attack...Nunez did not seem as dangerous tonight as the first two games
    - and the defense seemed to be on their heels for a good part of the game
    - Platter looked shaky at times
    - Coudet was non-existent until the penalty kick

The good:
    - there does not seem to be any quit in this team....they kept fighting, and began to take control in the later stages of the game
    - while the PK gave me a brief heart attack, Coudet was clutch again, burying the game-winning score (was lucky he did not get called for that little hesitation step!)
    - the goal by Nunez - excellent decision to chip the ball the way he did...just reward for being a disruptive force on offense so far this season
    - was really cool to see the Striker fans on the sideline! kudos to those who travelled to the game!!

Overall, a win is a win...and this makes up for having to settle for a tie last week when we dominated most of the game against Minnesota!

9. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Aweome win! We didn't play too well, but a win is a win.

Stream was perfect for me in the first half and at the end of the second, but horrible for most of the second half. My internet connection SUCKS though.

We need to get together somewhere for the next game. Carolina Ale House in I-75 and Weston is a great place which would be perfect to advertise the Strikers at. Maybe the Strikers could put an Official Watch Party with the mascot and the girls and giving away tickets, etc.

10. Robert Lanza

Robert Lanza Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First win for the Strikers! Ugly but we'll take it. Hideous stream made it look even worse.

Great to see the group of Striker fans make the trip to ATL. Dedication indeed.

11. cubillas10

cubillas10 New Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Pretty much covered here. Atlanta had the better of play. Strikers looked disorganized for the middle 70 minutes of the game. Nunez was active....my goodness is he small...even appears more so when paired up with Wheeler.

From my seats, it looked to be a good call on the penalty. Also, good non-call a few minutes before in our box...Silverback player took a dive.

Great atmosphere at the game. Silverbacks fans were very courteous. Announced crowd over 3K.

12. RutgerATL

RutgerATL Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Decatur, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to see some visiting fans. You should have come over to our 109 pregame tailgate. If you make the trip again we will be there.

13. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We ended up on top and were eating, then we just decided to head in. Thanks to everyone who came over and said hi. Great trip all around and it was a fun little battle with the supporters who usually sit where we did in 309. They need to get season tix to prevent that in the future :D

We won't be back this year, but we'll definitely be up again in 2012, hopefully with a bigger group.