Pre-match: Strikers at FC Edmonton ::: NASL Match 28

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by drSoFlaFan, Sep 20, 2012.

1. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Sunday, September 23 • Kickoff: 4:05 PM • Clarke Stadium​
    Last regular season game. It will have an effect on our seeding in the playoffs, a win will cement our standing in 5th(Minnesota plays SA later that night). Saturday's league matches will decide who finishes 3rd/4th.​
    We'll either be in PR or Carolina, I'd vastly prefer PR as we play them tough every time and they have their last CCL game on the 27th.​

2. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree that PR looks like a more favorable matchup. We have done well against Carolina this year, but they are much hotter now than they were at any point when we played them already. Although any road game seems bleak for us at this point. Can't think of a better way to get just a little confidence for the boys than to go to EDM and get a win this weekend. I'm expecting a "low risk" lineup from Coach Shore though. Maybe we'll see Martin in goal for the first regular season action this year? Nothing really to play for you'd think. I don't expect to see Herron playing a full game, maybe not Stahl or Gordon either. Anyone going to be going to Duffy's for the game Sunday?

3. Heggis27

Heggis27 Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    A loss on Sunday with a win or tie from Minnesota gets us PR in the first round.

4. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Strikers up 0-1

5. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    and now even 0-2

though still 15 minutes to play

6. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    and 2-2 it ends :mad:

7. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God we suck on the road. This result does not instill much confidence going into the playoffs, on the road.

But it keeps the door open to playing Puerto Rico instead of Carolina, which IMO would be preferable. So for tonight... come on you Stars!

8. Heggis27

Heggis27 Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    I'm going to go ahead and pretend the players new we wanted to not win to have a shot at facing PR...it's a good thing Edmonton waited until the 90th minute to figure out how to score on us by simply lobbing it up at our CBs and letting them head it to their forward for a shot on goal.

9. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're at Carolina. Gonna be a very difficult task to advance. We manage 2 draws there this year so far, including blowing a 2 goal lead in July, a match I had the displeasure of witnessing in person.

Statistic: We were the BEST team at home in the NASL this year, on top with 28 points. We were also the WORST team away from home, with only 8 points from 14 road games.

Antique repped this.