Pre-match: Strikers at Carolina RailHawks ::: Match 6

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by drSoFlaFan, Apr 30, 2012.

1. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After yet another unacceptable result vs. Tampa Bay, it's a short rest for the boys as they're off to Cary to tangle with the RailHawks.

This is a very winnable match. They lost at home to San Antonio this weekend, and are fortunate to have the 3 draws they do. They could have easily lost their matches to Minnesota, PR and Atlanta.

These are not last year's Carolina RailHawks. Gone are Barbara, Campos, Knighton, and head coach Colin Clarke. They have our guys from last year Shriver and Palacio, but they simply have not looked anything close to the juggernaut they were in 2011(which the Strikers managed to defeat twice).

Discuss!

2. AmericanMag

AmericanMag Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are on your own. A bit too far for me.

This is also going to be the Strikers 4th game in 12 days. Hopefully the team can shrug off the loss at St Pete and come on strong in Carolina. Then they have 10 days or so before they travel to PR.

4. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm with DR in that this game tomorrow night looks very winnable for the Strikers. For whatever reason, the Strikers team seems to have gelled far quicker than the Railhawks this year. The back line seems to be a major issue for the Railhawks right now. Hopefully Hassan, and whoever is out there with him, King, Anderson, or Abe, can take advantage. And we really need a solid effort game from everyone after that debacle in Tampa. 4th game in 12 days, so the bench will have to play a role in this one as well.

Here's my guess for the starting lineup:

Orozco - Stewart - Stahl - Laing
    Pecka - Restrepo - Shanosky - Lorenz
    Hassan - Abe

I think Abe gets his first start. I see Coach definitely using all three subs in this one, but who they are will depend on the score in the second half. We need to keep a push going to stay close to the top of the standings all year. Winning will help with attendance too. So will the Ultras and Flight 19 be down at Duffy's tomorrow night?

5. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me and Zach are probably going up for the game in NC on July 7th actually(flying though, drive is a bit too long).

6. Yahhh Steve

Yahhh Steve Member

Feb 19, 2009
    South Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys are nuts!

7. AmericanMag

AmericanMag Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Un/fortunately I will be in England at the time, so I won't be making that one. It's a shame because I did have fun on the Tampa trip and would be up for visiting the other groups as well...

Probably go see a Portsmouth FC pre-season friendly.... tickets should be cheap as chips! ;)

8. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well......that was fun. Shore is a hoot on road trips!
    Laing, Restrepo and Anderson with the goals. Hassan with 2 brutal misses-and they mattered in a 3-all draw.

9. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lots of goals, very little defense.

10. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good comeback but we could have won that one. All 3 goals were pretty, Lance and Anderson especially. Hope to see them on the week 5 "NASL Plays of the Week"!

11. cwgator

cwgator Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The goals are coming, We need to lock down the D

12. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coach Shore said in his blogtalk interview with ULTRAS ALIVE to expect some shootouts this year. Evidently last night was an example of what he was talking about. Nice to get a road point, but, with a tough road game at PR coming up next, losing 2 points to an out of form Carolina ain't the best result for the Strikers.

13. cwgator

cwgator Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure coach Shore said a few more things than that last night. He even vented a bit at the half time announcers.
    It was pretty funny. :D

14. Route1Soccer

Route1Soccer New Member

Apr 17, 2012
    South Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers