Streamers and crap on the field contributed to the loss

Discussion in 'El Batallon' started by hykos1045, Mar 19, 2011.

1. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why did a Houston fan throw an orange streamer early in the first half? That was uncalled for as the team had still not scored any goals yet all season, nor have they by now either. And furthermore why did the line judge and head official, and all the PLAYERS, just let one or two of the large ugly-orange streamers flap around on the field all first half? Isn't it a playing hazard? Doesn't it disrupt the flow of the game? Isn't it distracting? How tasteless. It wasn't a little piece of litter either, it was like a strung out toilet paper roll. At least 15 yards long by several inches wide.

2. jvilla07

jvilla07 Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Houston + NOLA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    do you know anything about futbol or soccer?
    you can support your team even when they are not winning!

3. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why the hell did this prick make a thread insulting our support? Sons of Ben don't even compare to what the Pulse was...much less EB/TA/LB!!!

4. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is not an insult, it is a question. But I have no further insults for the way the team played or for the crowd behavior. I think the team tried their hardest to make more streamers. I am merely perplexed by this one or two premature streamers, and that's all. I thought streamers got thrown after you score goals. Instead there were more streamers than goals.

But after the litter incident is what I want to focus on. Why was nothing done about these unsightly, potential hazards left on the field? were the officials instructed it would make the crowd look more exciting on TV? I think we can all agree the officials were too lazy or proud to pick up the trash. did nobody else notice the spectacle? it was about 15 yards long?

5. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps if you had a little more insight into MLS (your team is what - 12 months old?), you'd understand.

We have no excuses for out poor home performance, but it is difficult to counter a team that engages in blatant fouling (Pescadito's predilection to use his elbow when engaging in tackles etc).

I was wondering if perhaps you could explain this one. Was your player an old friend of Jason Garey and just giving him a greeting hug - or was there perhaps a more sinister purpose on this corner kick in your box?
    [​IMG]

6. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since when is a piece of crepe paper a hazard? You'd have a friggin heart attack if you ever saw a Copa Lib game. Douche.

7. Eguzki

Eguzki Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even tough this guy is a troll and clueless when it comes to soccer, telling him his team has only 12 months of existence is ironic when our team has not even a decade, it sounds like a couple of guys that came to this board claiming that their team's 130 years of history made them real fans of soccer, unlike us.

The guy is clueless, classless and is trying to troll, but not because the Union is a new team.

8. sober_Irishman

sober_Irishman New Member

May 20, 2009
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This person doesn't speak for all of us. Good game lads.

9. nbrooks503

Jun 1, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually the team that I originally supported has a 126 year history
    http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/lyddtown/

But that's beside the point - one troll deserves another

10. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol

11. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is like the weirdest thread I think I've ever seen on BS. :D

12. Eguzki

Eguzki Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because you have never lost a love one with a streamer accident, what if a Union player had die yesterday with one of those dangerous orange streamers. :(

13. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    You can tell hykos1045 ain't Argentinian...
    [​IMG]

:rolleyes:

14. el nordissimo

el nordissimo Member

Jul 31, 2008
    "018"
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. nbrooks503

Jun 1, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually nordy old buddy this wasn't a very good troll - the guy is obviously a troll in training.

A good troll requires that the troller plant the seed then sit back and guffaw at the responses with no further input.

This bloke made a response.

Plus the troll was directed at the EB part of the forum - in order to be a really good troll he should have commented on something more EB oriented, like trombones and their lack of musicality.

A comment about streamers is directed to 204ers and they are too polite to take the bait.:D

16. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heck we partied so much we forgot our freaking box of streamers.

On another note... what a hell of a tailgate. Started at 2:30 ,I'm still feeling it two days later. :D

17. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you can remember tailgating at a Dynamo game..chances are you weren't there! :p