Stoppage time

Discussion in 'Coach' started by voiceoflg, Jul 1, 2018.

1. voiceoflg

voiceoflg Member+

Dec 8, 2005
  2. rca2

rca2 Member+

Nov 25, 2005
    What I think is that licensed officials do a great job. I don't remember ever being concerned about a time decision or been critical of one. My experience was that in most youth matches time is not added because of tight scheduling.

3. elessar78

elessar78 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Youth matches-it’s irrelevant. Maybe add a minute to each half unless there’s a major stoppage.

I was timing the late match yesterday and I clocked about 7 minutes of when the ball was out of play in the first half. Ref only added 4 minutes.

4. jmnva

jmnva Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    I coach Rec. Stoppage time is non-existent.

5. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i don't care about adding time back for routine subs, goals, etc., but if a team is deliberately wasting time to kill the game by cycling subs, faking cramps, or whatever, then add more as appropriate. there's nothing more infuriating as a coach than having your team trying to score to win or tie the game, and the other team doing all they can to ruin it.

if you're going to add time, it's important to communicate how much is being added so the teams know. also, if it's a blowout, don't add anything.

elessar78 repped this.
  6. MPOster

MPOster New Member

Nov 2, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I usually don't add time unless an injury has really taken away some valuable play time. Never if one or both teams can't seem to keep the ball in play (deliberately kicking it out constantly) because coaches should teach their players otherwise. Like stphnsn stated too -- blow-outs