Stop Making Sense

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by nicodemus, Sep 10, 2002.

1. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watched The Talking Heads concert movie "Stop Making Sense" last night for the first time in a long time. What a brilliant piece of work that was. More than a concert, it was performance art and theatre too. Watching that I couldn't help but think how many bands Talking Heads influenced.

If you haven't seen, run, don't walk to rent or buy it.

Got to love the big suit and the David Byrne self-interview.

2. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw them on that tour. Haven't seen the movie, mostly because I didn't want it to overwhelm the memories I have. Also, the movie couldn't possibly duplicate the near overdose of pot my friends and I had before we went in. It was baked into some muffins by a friend of ours with a heavy hand.

Oh, and it was 98 degrees that day and the show was general admission.

3. whirlwind

whirlwind New Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Plymouth, MI, USA
    Is it the greatest concert film of all time? If not, what is?

The Song Remains the Same?

What about the "movies by a band that aren't really concert movies", like Quadrophenia or Tommy or Purple Rain?

4. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe it to truly be the greatest concert movie ever. Most concert videos are kind of boring, because music isn't very fun to watch unless it is in person. Stop making sense is so visually appealing. They aren't even one of my favorite bands, but I believe they've topped everyone with this movie.