Stoke City F.C. - 2011-12 EPL Season

Discussion in 'Stoke City FC' started by Bosnian Diamond, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    [​IMG]

Well, seeing as the separate match threads haven't worked out so far, I thought one big thread for the season would be better here. Now, Stoke City are currently placed in the 12th spot in the EPL table with 15 points. Today, they played against Blackburn Rovers and here was the result -

Stoke City 3-1 Blackburn

Delap, Whelan, and Crouch all scored (respectively) in today's match at Brittania Stadium. This win ended a four-game losing run for Stoke, and boosted them up the table. They're 10 points away from the fifth spot, the EPL's Europa League spot. Right now, Stoke are avoiding a relegation spot by six points, so they should probably focus more on avoiding relegation rather than an European spot. Maybe having another competition on their hands (EL) is giving them a problem with fatigue and/or focus. Let's hope Stoke can play better in the latter half of this year's EPL season! I would probably say that the offense might be repsponsible for the bad performance (although they did score three today, it was against the worst team in the league). Stoke have been held to 4 clean sheets, had two games with only one goal in the game coming from a penalty, and drew with Norwich City 1-1 thanks to a goal in the 90+4'. This plus many more 80+' goals this year. You could also argue that the defense has been the reason for Stoke's bad outcomes. They've conceded 23 goals in 13 matches with a lot of reasonably weak competition up to this point. So it's probably a mix of both, which makes me wondeer how they've had so much success in EL... Anyways, here's hoping Stoke can improve and finish off strong!!!