Stoke City 09/10 Thread

Discussion in 'Stoke City FC' started by Wachhz, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Wachhz

Wachhz New Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Denton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've decided that Stoke deserves a proper thread as the boys break ground on their 2nd season in the EPL with a solid win over Burnley.

I believe we should go ahead and ask for a sub-forum to be created for Stoke as they aren't going anywhere except to the top!

2. -ATX-

-ATX- Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Austin
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yesterday was tough, but I think Stoke is looking to improve on last year!

I sent a request for a proper thread to a moderator just before I found this message. Go on Stoke!

3. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Liverpool was rough, but then, I can't say that I'm surprised. I knew the reds were pissed about 2 draws against the Potter's last year, and the defeat to the Spurs last weekend simply poked the hornet's nest.

Next on the agenda is Birmingham City tomorrow (Saturday, August 22) at St. Andrew's (an away match for the Potters). I have a few reasons why I want the Stokies to come away with all 3 points...

1. I want the Potters to get these points so that the nerve racking relegation tracking isn't as nerve racking later in the season.
    2. Barry Ferguson (formerly of Glasgow Rangers) plays for Birmingham City now, and as a fan of the Scotland National Team, am still embarrassed by what he did after the Netherlands match and during the Iceland WCQ.
    3. Alex McLeish (the manager) is also a former Ranger's manager. Although he does hold a special place for me as coming so close to getting the Scot's into the 2008 Euro Cup tournament, and beating France 1-0 at the Stade de France.
    So come on you Stokies!!!

4. Wachhz

Wachhz New Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Denton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, a draw against Birmingham. Not a lot of shots on goal as I was hoping for. Hopefully next week's match against Sunderland will yield better results. I know we are all rooting for Stoke to stay in the top half of the table.

5. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those of you in the Central Texas area, Chantico's Army (and anyone else who wants to) will be gathering at The Nomad at 4:00 this Saturday to watch the tape delayed Stoke v. Sunderland match on FoxSoccer. After the match, we'll then get ready for our Aztex v. Miami FC match.

So much football, so little time. You can get details at the Chantico's Army website.

6. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  7. -ATX-

-ATX- Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Austin
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soccer Krazy and Stoke supporters, we are also following the Potters in the following thread, since they are a affiliated with the Aztex.
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1069628

Personally, I hope Stoke gets a subforum in the EPL listings. Requests have been sent. Several new signings and 5th in the table!

8. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    way to tough out an away victory in Tottenham.

9. Psychosis hsv

Psychosis hsv Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    How is Huth playing? The best defender in Germany ignored due to lack of a quality CB to play alongside him.

10. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  11. CheeseAndOatcakes

CheeseAndOatcakes New Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Staffordshire
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
  12. ArizonaFußballFan

Nov 8, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that was an iffy call that prevented what would have been the winning goal on Tuesday.

13. ArizonaFußballFan

Nov 8, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Just learned some more about Chantico's army. How has it done so far in the relationship with Stoke?

14. ArizonaFußballFan

Nov 8, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what are the other Stoke City forums frequently used?

15. CheeseAndOatcakes

Aug 20, 2008
    Staffordshire
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
  16. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've had a few interactions with the Stoke supporters. Typically, it's been in providing information on the Aztex and players that hit their radar. For instance, when Kieron Bernard was in Stoke for a trial last fall, we gave them some insight into how he's done in Austin. Unfortunately, I've not been able to get over for a match, even though I'm in the UK every summer (offseason is a pain). There have been several Stokies come to Austin though. Folks from Beswick's have been over, as has Liam Lawrence's brother (last year) to watch some footie.

We've adopted some of the traditions of the Potters, but we have also done a lot to create our own identity. I'm more than happy to blether on more about this if you'd like, even offline. Feel free to either direct message me or email me at info@chanticosarmy.com.

17. ArizonaFußballFan

Nov 8, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks mgray and oatcakes!:)

18. ArizonaFußballFan

Nov 8, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Very nice away victory to continue the streak!:)

19. CheeseAndOatcakes

Aug 20, 2008
    Staffordshire
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    It was especially considering we scored the winning goal after having a player sent off!

Up the Potters!

20. ArizonaFußballFan

Nov 8, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  21. CheeseAndOatcakes

Aug 20, 2008
    Staffordshire
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Oh just go for it, people from Stoke are super friendly as long as you don't say something bad about the area!

There's a great deal more hostility on here! Heck people have PM'd me rude messages and negative rep'd me for being English!