Still Crazy After All These Years: Creationists Keep Trying

Discussion in 'Spirituality & Religion' started by Dyvel, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Creationists are having a bit of a comeback, with the DUP forming part of the British government and Liberty beating Baylor.

2. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hadn't heard about this. And although I'm no fan of Liberty and the Falwells and their utterly fscked-up way of looking at the world, I had to admit some humor at Baylor losing to Liberty given all that Baylor was willing to tolerate and sweep under the rug to have a winning program, such as their football players running around sexually assaulting anyone with a vagina. So I was amused by little Liberty beating Baylor . . .until, after reading your post, I went and read a news story about it and discovered that after Baylor's A.D. lost his job in the wake of the sexual assault scandals at Baylor, he immediately got a new job . . .at Liberty. I guess Liberty's conception of Christian values doesn't include the idea that sexual assault is, you know, bad. Just like Baylor wasn't too concerned about the women victimized by their players. They shoulda called it the Rapist Bowl.

I used to love major college sports as much as I loved anything. Now, with what its fans (and consequently the schools themselves) are willing to accept and ignore in order to win, I've grown to hate major college sports.

Justin Z, Ismitje, roby and 3 others repped this.
  3. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well, the Bible doesn't actually explicitly condemn rape (or pedophilia). If you rape a virgin you have to pay her father and then marry her - it's the biblical thing to do!

fatbastard and ceezmad repped this.
  4. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really need to sign up for jewdate and Christianmingle.

Rape somebody get a wife!

5. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In many statehouses they're trying to at least get you a shot at legal child custody and the ability to stop an abortion if you end up being a rapist father - so we're almost there :cool:

Liberty is whack in every way; scummy place.

song219 and Chesco United repped this.
  6. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's the end of the world as we know it....

This time.. For sure...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...blical-doomsday-claim/?utm_term=.7d4395f5fe3d

To make clear, Meade said he’s not saying the world will end Saturday. Instead, he claims, the prophesies in the Book of Revelation will manifest that day, leading to a series of catastrophic events that will happen over the course of weeks.

“The world is not ending, but the world as we know it is ending,” he said, adding later: “A major part of the world will not be the same the beginning of October.”

Meade’s prediction has been dismissed as a hoax not only by NASA scientists, but also by people of faith.

Ed Stetzer, a pastor and executive director of Wheaton College’s Billy Graham Center, first took issue with how Meade is described in some media articles.

“There’s no such thing as a Christian numerologist,” he told The Post. “You basically got a made-up expert in a made-up field talking about a made-up event.… It sort of justifies that there’s a special secret number codes in the Bible that nobody believes.”

7. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    I was disappointed that DC United lost on Saturday but even I wouldn't call it catastrophic.

8. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    “There’s no such thing as a Christian numerologist,” he told The Post. “You basically got a made-up expert in a made-up field talking about a made-up event.… It sort of justifies that there’s a special secret number codes in the Bible that nobody believes.”

A professional theologian inadvertently describes religion in a nutshell...

fatbastard and Dyvel repped this.
  9. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Next Saturday you play Philly... That's the date of the prophecy...

10. MotorcycleGang

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Nov 11, 2017
    Miami, Florida, U.S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For anyone who actually believes in creationism still for whatever bad reason you have for believing in creationism, this website explains the fact of evolution from a Christian point of view: http://biologos.org

11. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  12. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Josh Brecheen is back in the news.

13. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    [​IMG]

song219 and Dyvel repped this.