All I Do Is Vin Vin Vin - The Vinicius Jr. Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, May 23, 2017.

1. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Fair or not fair, he better get used to that kind of reactions though.

Digital repped this.
  2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe on youtube. In real life people just expect hard work and dedication.

Deep Pal, Saeta Rubia and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  3. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    No, they don't. They know we paid a truckload of money for him and they'll be eager to judge him and the deal. See Ødegaard for reference.

Digital repped this.
  4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    The kid hasn't played the last 5 or 6 matches. Not a minute.

If this is what they are going to do with our investment let them cede some of that fee back.

5. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Making 40+ investment in a 16 year old kid is a massive gamble, especially if that kid is a Brazilian. He is incredibly raw, which is why clubs should not be making such investments into such age. For example Odegaard went for peanuts in comparison and for me he was a better player at the age of 16.

We did some great stuff in recent years in terms of decision making. But this one i rate as a poor one.

9Qui repped this.
  6. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    It's a problem if Flamengo have no interest in developing him because he's already sold anyway, so they can't count on him for the future and they can't make any more money off of him.

Digital repped this.
  7. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    It is in their interest thst they develop him because he represent a national product.

If this product fails they will never get a big fee and will be low balled here on out for their talents. If this product succeeds then they can use it as the standard and make hundreds of millions in the future.

He also represents the future for their national team. This is more on Ze Roberto then Flamengo.

He threw the kid into the deep end then seems to have panicked and completely sat him down. All he is doing is hurting his confidence imo.

8. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Way too soon to make a realistic call on this. We all know the club has taken a big swing on this transfer. Thing with gambling is that you have to be prepared to lose as well.

We will see. Lets give him at least one season as a pro before we come back and judge him and the transfer.

Deep Pal, Excape Goat and yoanaidarov repped this.
  9. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    The kid is 16...

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Considering that it will come from the same people that call one of the best players to ever play the sport "tapinaldo" and "penaldo" i don't really care. Even if he's aazing, people will rag on him because reasons.

11. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    And there is no obligation to keep him there. We can always loan him out to another Brazilian club.

12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

13. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's one of the most retarded pieces of journalism that I've witnessed.

14. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Didn't even make the bench today. At least let him drop back down to the youth teams if he's not ready for the pros. You bring him immediately into the spotlight and then shun him to the stands? What kind of man management is that? This is one of the main problems with loans like this, what incentive do Flamengo have to develop Vin if they already have their check? Why would they sacrifice current results for the future of Real Madrid?

kime777, Digital, Deep Pal and 1 other person repped this.
  15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I'll give them a little more time, but it is concerning. I'm hopeful they're trying to work on something or maybe getting his fitness level, and I'm hoping that the club has input on this. We'll see. As I said earlier, worst case scenario, we loan him out somewhere else next season.

16. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yah for sure, he's just turned 17 I'm not saying just write the kid off. But I think it's only natural to be concerned about your €45M investment sitting in the stands during a key development stage in his career.

Im less concerned about his ability than I am about Flamengo's plan. They seemed to buy into the hype when they sold him and thought he was ready to conquer the first division immediately. Then, they realized he wasn't physically ready and tossed him in the trash. Just something for JAS & co to keep tabs on

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is the reason why we do sell and buyback deals nowadays. Loan deals only work when the club is desperate enough for reinforcements.

RMSocrates, Shay Z and 9Qui repped this.
  18. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Is there a reason we can't bring him over to one of our youth teams?

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

To avoid a transfer ban hammer.

Aimar 21, Digital and 9Qui repped this.
  20. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Anyone seen this kid play in Brazil since we signed him up?

21. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Saw every minute he played almost, lots of missed passes, bad dribbles etc.. but haven't watched him for over a month as he was relegated from a starter, to a bench player who comes on the last 10-15 minutes, to a bench player who doesn't come on and finally to someone who doesn't make the match squad.

Shay Z repped this.
  22. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    People on other sites saying the same. Too early to tell but it really seems like we screwed up on paying that much for him.

I hope that at least this signing wasn't part of some shady deal.

23. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    For me it's Ze Ricardi more than anything. I just don't get why you would try to destroy a kid like this. Even if it's just a two year loan, the kid could help you achieve goals.

24. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    From the little I've seen of him he just doesn't look ready to play with the seniors yet, add to that his youth and how very nervous he must be to be pushed into the spotlight ( whether he likes it or not) like this, he just never really looks calm on the pitch, always trying too hard to do too much to maybe prove he belongs, which inevitably leads to many errors,

I'm not sure what the best solution is for him at this point because of his age, but I do agree with the people who think Flamengo have nothing to lose as far as he is concerned no matter what happens because they already pretty much have the cash, I could be wrong there but that's what I think too, can't( shouldn't) just drop him from the team and leave him to rot, he needs to be playing somewhere

25. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I hope people will wait to judge him until he's here and has played for us. The kid is still to young to be deemed a failure or anything of the like.

We as a club on the other hand might want to look into how we can make his situation better.

raven3k, Shay Z and Zidane05 repped this.