All I Do Is Vin Vin Vin - The Vinicius Jr. Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, May 23, 2017.

1. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Cristiano's heir

Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  2. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I thought he had three goals.

3. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One was OG I think.

Shay Z repped this.
  4. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    He MUST start over any other winger now.

5. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A cautionary note:

Deep Pal and HZinho repped this.
  6. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Bale injured and Lucas suspended, Vinicius is set to face his biggest test yet.

On the road at Betis, who are currently only 4 points behind us and in 6th in the table, will be his toughest game yet.

Throw him into the fire early. Let's see what the wonderboy can do.

S1na and Deep Pal repped this.
  7. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe play it safe for the first 60 minutes. Then go all out for the win and bring on Vinicius + (we've got nothing else).

Nathanial Essex and Deep Pal repped this.
  8. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I appreciate the cautionary note, but it will happen nonetheless. Vinicius will have his dip in form and he will get quite some negative attention on him, but the impressive part (at least that's how it seems) is that he's mentally quite strong. He's been a joy to watch these last few weeks. And the way he performed was seriously impressive. Plays without fear, good sign!

I really believe we struck gold with this kid and we will have to do (and keep doing) our utmost best to accomodate him on and off the pitch.

9. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Every player has this moment where he elevates his game from being a prospect to the next level. For me, I always remembered Higuain's goal against Espanyol. Against Real Sociedad, I thought VJ looked very different. I know It is only against Leganes, but I can feel that VJ is about to explore.

10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #1085 Saeta Rubia, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    It's crazy that he just turned 18 in July and is making an impact in one of the top leagues already in a team with many quality players under performing. He has always played against higher age groups but manages to catch up to their level sooner rather than later. Made his Brazilian league debut at 16 and had an up and down season which was expected as players that age barely play at that level. And then he starts second season at only 17 and already was scoring like the best veteran players in Brazil.

Aguero had a similar trajectory in Argentina and even he took a one full season at Atletico to adapt and didn't show a lot of superstar flashes in 2006-07. Vinicius looks like he belongs at this level already at 18 and don't think we have seen that many times in Spain. Raul did and so did Messi who already was Barca's best player in 2006-07 after an injury hit debut season and then started playing at all time great level by 2008-09. Raul and Aguero never reached that kind of trajectory obviously, but reached world class level soon after debuting at 18 year olds in La liga.

Robinho came as 20-21 year old after dominating Brazil yet he took a lot of time to adapt to this level. And only showed potential like someone who can carry the team for six months in 2007-08 before getting injured and then Robben was our best player in the 2nd half . Vinicius looks like a far superior talent and can be a true superstar if he continues to lead a professional lifestyle.

Deep Pal, raven3k, S1na and 1 other person repped this.
  11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not since Raul has an 18-year-old wowed the Bernabeu like Vinicius

Not many people are going to the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu these days, but those who do are going to see Vinicius. Season ticket holders and those buying tickets on the day are leaving their house because they have to go see him. There are many reasons to stay at home right now, but then they think about the Brazilian and put on their gameday face. Real Madrid are going through a certain moment, but this kid has what the team lacks. There is excitement in his boots, just as there is in the eyes of the Real Madrid fans when they seem him playing like this at just 18 years of age.

It might be an exaggeration or maybe it isn't, but nobody has had a similar impact since Raul at such an early age. This shirt doesn't respect anybody and makes the weak feel small, but Vinicius isn't that type. He has turned the Bernabeu pitch into a Brazilian beach.

Julen Lopetegui closed the door on him because he was raw. With Santiago Solari, he has exploded. At times of crisis you take what you can, but Vinicius is more than that. He has broken down the door and promises a golden future of the highest order. Of course he has to grow, but he's already there in the here and now.

Spoilsports will say that he doesn't score enough, but Raul also missed three huge chances away in Zaragoza when younger. When you push and push, they end up going in.

The volley against Leganes will be remembered in the club museum as his first great goal, but others will remember the way he carried the team on his back. He did so last Sunday against Real Sociedad, when he tried to save the world as the apocalypse neared. The No.28 was there at a dark time, like Raul was.

Real Madrid are being carried by a teenager and that's not ideal. But it's not a bad teenager to be led by. He has made an impact.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/opinion/2019/01/10/5c37173a268e3eba268b461e.html

Lyra, Deep Pal, robnycus and 2 others repped this.
  12. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    So now the club will sit back and watch the media hype this kid in order to cover for its failures the past summers and this season's harsh disappointments.

This will definitely end well.

Lyra, Digital and Deep Pal repped this.
  13. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I just wish he stays away from injuries. Would be wise to hire his own exclusive medical team plus physio.

Lyra and Deep Pal repped this.
  14. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, not really. But lets hope he keeps working hard and stays fully focused. A development trajectory is hard thing to predict, some peak earlier, others later, someone's potential gets underestimated, others gets overestimated. Vinicius is a very fast and technically competent player but he has a long way to go to reach the ability of a guy like Neymar for example. Hopefully giving him minutes will affect him only positively.

15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Robinho never became close to a finished project and was way too inconsistent even at 22. He was slower than Vinicius in terms of speed as well as style by hogging on to the ball with showoff dribbles rather than to beat defenders. He also got pushed around easily. I do believe Vinicius is a superior talent. Neymar is a different question altogether. Neymar's natural talent is closest to that of Messi among modern players, but he has fragile frame. Vinicus can gain an advantage by filling up his body in next 2-3 years while he also has the qualities to be technically good like CR7.

16. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Robinho's inconsistency is a mental thing and therefore irrelevant to his level of pure talent. He was a magician with the ball. Its also false that he was hogging on the ball with showoff dribbles; he was beating defenders all over the place to create chances. Vinicius is not nearly as naturally talented with the ball as Robinho, but hopefully he can work on his shooting to offset that deficiency.

Marco25 repped this.
  17. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    The media hype and hysteria from some fans after one match is disgusting. Let the kid breathe.

kelvinphr, Digital and Lyra repped this.
  18. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Well it's the only bright light in dark times. So I guess it's normal behaviour.

19. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I get it. But its really over the top.

The issue is that the majority of fans read that kind of bullshit (New King of Madrid...…. Really? WTF)...…… and the next game if he doesn't dribble past 2 defenders every time they will say...……… he's not all that. The game after when he doesn't score a goal while we are losing...… the narrative will be... bust!!

This kind of hype creates unrealistic expectations.

Digital repped this.
  20. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1095 Lyra, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  21. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    What kind of curse this is, following our in-form players?

Deep Pal repped this.
  22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  23. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Makes this match another 90 minutes of boredom.

Deep Pal and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  24. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I for one don't read blogs and media write-ups etc., as I don't necessarily care too much about these hype jobs. However, I do trust my own eyes and I already love this kid. He's a joy to watch and I'm genuinly excited to see him play. As I said, he will definitely hit a dip in form and will get hugely criticized (unfairly of course), but it is what it is. Happens with all youngsters.

We should be careful with him. The talent is immense, the clubs needs to really assist the kid and his family as much as possible the coming years.

Deep Pal repped this.
  25. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    If Vini doesn’t make it then I guess we’d have no choice but to go with

Brahim.....Benz.....Isco ?
    Just kidding Solari would find a way to bench Isco even we only had 10 players available.