All I Do Is Vin Vin Vin - The Vinicius Jr. Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, May 23, 2017.

1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I guess we're carrying on with creepy vibe for his thread titles eh :D

2. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1027 Lyra, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018

Solari: "Vinicius is a very young kid, has just arrived to a new country, new friends, new culture, new football, a new world which is Real Madrid. Bit by bit he will keep improving and maturing. We all see his talent, but more is needed in football."
    Good game btw

S1na and Prit Javier repped this.
  3. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Marco was much more central in the first half of the game yesterday and far far more involved and on the ball, took more responsibility, I understand the level of the opponents, and the teammates he had around him, and i’m not saying automatically he will be better if played more central, ( he needs to step up) but I still feel he is wasted being played out wide

Saeta Rubia, HZinho, Zidane05 and 3 others repped this.
  4. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    On the left flank he for sure is wasted, i dont mind him on the right, problem is he barely spends any time there.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  5. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  6. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How did Achraf make that list? He had a pretty poor season with us.

7. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hakimi has worked his way into the lineup and is on fire with Dortmund. He was also decent in the WC which is better than what most players his age can report.

8. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I thought he was average in the world cup. Not one of their bests. On the other hand their other winger, Amrabat was magical. Impossible to contain.

Lyra, Eddie, HZinho and 1 other person repped this.
  9. FigoIsGod

FigoIsGod Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    He’s been fantastic for Dortmund.

Last week, he had 3 assists in their huge 4-0 win in the Champions League over Atletico Madrid.

Dominates the flank offensively and his crossing/passing is pinpoint.

ElCapitánSR4 repped this.
  10. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mentioned Amrabat during the WC and how he was terrorizing fullbacks. Shame they couldn't get more positive results. That was a one underdog squad that played decent football as well. Amrabat has had some chunks in his career where he was really fun to watch, including his stint at Malaga.

temesgen, 4x4s, HZinho and 1 other person repped this.
  11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's my point: are a few games for BVB enough to be nominated for that? Perhaps there's not enough quality candidates for that award if he managed to get there based on that.

12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Darth Vinicious. The saga begins. :ninja:

Shay Z and 4x4s repped this.
  13. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1038 Lyra, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    Vinicius: "It's good the ball went in. With the help of my teammates we got the goal. When I received the ball I knew I could get past 2-3 of their players & get a shot in. We have to play together & win more games. Very good that we got the 3 points today." https://t.co/l60x0YXX8E

Digital, Zidane05, PigBenis and 6 others repped this.
  14. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Vini, next legend!

15. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kid definitely moves with energy and seems to have that proper winger mentality to persist no matter what didn't come off previously. That's a good sign.

Zidane05, Deep Pal, -Reivax- and 5 others repped this.
  16. Anders2555

Anders2555 Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 23, 2018
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The referee give the goal for him!

The first of many!

17. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    MARCA: Vinicius is now the third youngest player to debut for Real in the Champions League, tied with Iker Casillas, who also did so at 18 years and 118 days (on September 15, 1999 against Olympiacos).

Shay Z, Eddie, S1na and 2 others repped this.
  18. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was such a sham when they gave Odegaard his debuts just so Flo could have a "record signing."

19. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Hope he reaches the same legendary status

Lyra and Deep Pal repped this.
  20. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Brazil boss Tite compares strengths of Rodrygo and Vinicius Jr

“He left Flamengo and was adapting and training with Real Madrid’s first team, although without playing, so it was a difficult period,” said Tite.

“I spoke with [Brazil U20 coach] Carlos Amadeu and he said: 'Vinicius has an incredible ability to attract the media. He is extremely simple and calm at work. But he fascinates the media.’

"He is a great dribbler – a lot of one on one – but he lacks a little lucidity.”

"Rodrygo has an impressive lucidity," he said. "[Former Santos coach] Jair Ventura told me that he is like a veteran, that he's mature in decision making. He gets between the lines, holds the ball, changes direction - if they give him space, he dribbles.

“It's amazing how he makes decisions, his mental game is that of a player of 25. But he does not have physical strength yet. Vinicius does, although he's more individualistic. But he seems to have a good head, he knows how to listen and evolve."

https://www.givemesport.com/1414800...-and-vinicius-jr-its-exciting-for-real-madrid

S1na, Shay Z, Ahmadi8 and 5 others repped this.
  22. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rodrygo > VJ as per many experts who watch Brazilian league. Let's see...

Deep Pal and Hsain85 repped this.
  23. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I watch the league and it is not that clear cut. They are just better at different things.

People who say hot takes like that are the "purist" who think the only important ball technique is close ball control.

This is coming from me and I'm the guy who was asking us to buy Rodrygo when people thought he was the kid we got in Juvenil A.

Deep Pal and Lyra repped this.
  24. Anders2555

Anders2555 Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 23, 2018
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I dont know about the future, but, today Vinícius is clearly a better player, Rodrygo not score for 3 entire months for example in Brasileirão (Last goal is against Sport in August coming off the bench) and is being replaced in all games recently (Against Palmeiras, the last Santos game, he left in half-time), Vinícius in only 6 months in Brazil still has better numbers in general than Rodrygo (Rodrygo had an explosive start of the year where it attracted all the media of country for him, but, whit the time passes when his game was known by others, he stopped, stopped the goals, assists and good perfomances),

I see a stuning future for both, two futures world class player, but, today, i strong disagree when they say that Rodrygo is better.

25. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It also has to be said when discussing the two players "currently" one of them is doing his thing at the biggest club in the world in the best league in the world.