All I Do Is Vin Vin Vin - The Vinicius Jr. Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, May 23, 2017.

1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Absolute trash

To compare Pepe's outburst to a guy tackling a player, holding him down and biting his head is nonsense.

The fact that kid wasn't even sent off for those actions and Vinicius got a yellow card for dissent is even more insulting to everyone's intelligence.

Spare us this bullshit.

Bear Crotch and Deep Pal repped this.
  2. kelvinphr

kelvinphr Member+

Aug 23, 2007
    Botswana
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes, I can compare Pepe's outburst to this. They are both outbursts of rage or insanity or whatever you want to call it. Pepe pushed him down then proceded to kick the guy on the ground 2 times then turned back to kneel on and pin him down by the neck. Say what you want but that was just as psycho as the bite. I love me Pepe but that outburst was terrible.

The nonsense and trash is the assertation that Pepe's actions are lighter in severity than the pathetico guys. Of the 2 Pepe could have caused more injury.

The failure of the ref to handle the situation should not be blamed on the cannibal. That is on the ref and a ban on the player should be for what the player did not what the ref failed to do. His lack of action is on him, not the player. The ref should be sanctioned for it on his own.

Anyway, I refuse to get into a pissing match with you YS. our opinions on this differ. Let us agree to disagree.

3. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    The irony is, that Pepe`s actions are far more reasonable considering they fall under the reaction of a grown person under stress. In case of sports we can observe that often. For the love of God, i cannot comprehend a grown person biting someone. As i said, it implies severe emotional issues. Children in specific development stage bite, not grown people.

4. kelvinphr

kelvinphr Member+

Aug 23, 2007
    Botswana
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't get it either but grown men do bite under stress too. People's reactions to stress are different. Biting is an unusual reaction but one that has been done before by others. No one looks at Defoe as some insane manic but under the right stress, he bit too. Suarez, on the other hand, is one because he is a repeat offender and clearly there is a pattern.

Both cases are reactions at the spur of the moment. One more cowardly than the other but both spur of the moment reactions. I am not justifying the action but I don't think unless it is premeditated, it should be treated with such severity as an indefinite ban. And there is nothing to suggest premeditation in my opinion.

5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Ehhh... Pepe could've killed the dude.

kelvinphr repped this.
  6. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
  7. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    #932 YOUNGSTARS87, Sep 6, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    If the dude were soaking wet and made of paper.

Maybe.

If what Pepe did "could've killed" Casquero, what Sanchis and Juanito did should have killed Matthaus and all his future generations.

I'm not defending his actions, but Pepe barely connected on one kick and grazed on the other. If that is a near death experience then I don't believe any of you have gotten into any kind of physical altercation.. talk much an actually fight.

8. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Seems fair.

He loses his mind tackles, grapples then bites the head of another player. The victim gets a yellow card for dissent because how dare he complain about it.

The sociopath not only avoids a send-off, he said "Lo siento" so of course he didn't receive any punishment as well.

Makes perfect sense.

9. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Exactly. Not because he didn't intend to connect, but because he missed by sheer luck for everyone involved. If he had properly connected, it would have been something else.

I have not even seen the Mbappe incident nor do I plan to so I have no opinion on it. But Pepe's actions were criminal, that I know.

Shay Z, 4x4s and kelvinphr repped this.
  10. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I miss Pepe.

11. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Same here, an absolute soldier. What a guy and what an incredible defender! We had two of the most feared CBs in our starting line-up. Such a shame about the way he went and the ‘aftermath’.

Digital, Eddie and kelvinphr repped this.
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    OK, time to speak facts.

No, a "lifetime ban" is Bullshit and we wouldn't bee asking for it if the situation wouldn't be related to a player we have high hopes for.

Yes it's ridiculous and should be met with a suspension. It came from a place of constant hatred, bullying and violence that peaked at that point. In fact he didn't apologize, after the entire thing the "captain" was joined in by another Atleti player to harass Vinicius in the dead ball situation. It was hatred and vitriol the entire match.

No that doesn't make him "worse than pepe", just immature and stupid.

3 match ban, life goes on.

kelvinphr and J-Mezzy repped this.
  13. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Mbappe? Bro we are talking about the atleti vampire and Vinicius head. :D

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't believe anyone asked for a lifetime ban. What was stated was an indefinite ban until the kid gets psychiatric help and gets cleared by professionals.

A three match ban for an incident like this only enables the behavior. We have seen worse bans for things no where near as egregious.

15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Haha yeah I'm following along. I just saw the Pepe comment.

16. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Veering pretty off-topic here, but what? Pepe wasn't trying to kick his head from the side, he was raking him with his studs.

17. kelvinphr

kelvinphr Member+

Aug 23, 2007
    Botswana
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Looked like he just missed to me. Lucky for the dude and Pepe.

Anyway, the atleti dude needs to be sanctioned. whether that will happen or not, I do not know. Also some action needs to be taken against the ref as this will send a message that he needs to protect players and the thuggish behaviour against Vinicius in the past 2 matches needs to be controlled.

On another topic, when is the game against castilla? Would be interesting to watch.

18. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Luck had nothing to do with it. If Pepe had any intention of injury, he could have done so easily. I mean it is not a rocket science, considering how easy it is.

19. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
  20. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Did they do any DNA tests on the kid? For all we know he might turn into a zombie next "season" .

Deep Pal repped this.
  21. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Deep Pal, kelvinphr, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  22. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Thread title needs to be changed

23. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    His touch and style looks like Robinho. I didn't notice until i read the piece MM wrote on Robinho few days ago. I definitely hope and predict a much brighter future for him.

24. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Really? I don’t see much similarities TBH, except for the position they play. Robinho was much more refined and was more of a skill-based player, while Vinicius is more pace and power (not to say he doesn’t possess technical qualities of course). I actually have high hopes for Vinicius, because he seems perfect for the modern game. That’s why I also think he could have an instant impact from the bench even at this age.

libertao, raven3k, ABB94 and 3 others repped this.
  25. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I hadn't seen him in Brazil's league. I just read about him and expected to see a kick and run player. He showed to be much more of a dribbler and trickster than what i expected TBH.