All I Do Is Vin Vin Vin - The Vinicius Jr. Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, May 23, 2017.

1. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Better than Ganso I would say - yes I remember that.

Gago has always been a professional and has had a decent career. He's played with top teams ever since his career began, and at times, really made teams tick beautifully.

His skills are subtle and he's definitely not the best footballer ever, but let's not forget that he's played for Argentina over 50 times, he's won league titles with Madrid, he's provided beautiful assists to his team mates, he was a good tackler, but perhaps a tad bit slow for his aggressive defensive playing style.

No need to disrespect our players that contributed to our team. Many people make fun of M.Diarra in this forum, yet he has one of the most valuable goals in Madrid history.

Excape Goat repped this.
  2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Gago is trash, Ganso even more trash

Disrespect of Gago? Lol

Anon. repped this.
  3. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Which goal is that?

4. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sevilla.

5. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Holy fudgesticks. Y'all don't remember the Mallorca goal? I remember those back to back remontada games more vividly than our CL finals.

6. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oops. I remember final day of the season. I thought I was Sevilla.

RoadMan repped this.
  7. ratheesh7k

ratheesh7k Member

Feb 18, 2010
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can never forget the smirk on gago's face when Barca was giving us the pastilla ...EPIC...

8. ratheesh7k

ratheesh7k Member

Feb 18, 2010
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  9. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Wait .. are we still talking about Di Maria?

10. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The assist to Roberto Carlos against Huelva away :inlove:

temesgen, Excape Goat, rhexis07 and 2 others repped this.
  11. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Some players you just won’t hear a bad word against, because they have given you moments that you will remember forever.

RoadMan repped this.
  12. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Isn't it time we renamed this thread?

13. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Jesus Christ Gago? People actually still defend him? It's not often that I have a deep hatred that is stirred within me but reading this shit sure has done the trick.

Anon. repped this.
  14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  15. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Needs to work on his end product and decision making. He has improved a lot, I think he has it all in him to be a huge player for us.

16. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Vinicius has come a long way already. Remember he didn't even have a senior game when we bought him.

temesgen, Deep Pal, raven3k and 2 others repped this.
  17. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed. He's been a pleasant surprise with his performances. So far so good!

Deep Pal and Zidane05 repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The best thing about him is that he's an exciting player in terms of technical ability and that he's much stronger physically than his roots and career path suggested.

Eddie, Deep Pal, CivilProtection and 3 others repped this.
  19. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Haven't seen much of him play but from what I've seen it is his attitude that stands out most for me. Very easy for him to go in one of two directions: be crumbled by the pressure and end up being a shell of a football player or an arrogant twat that falls flat on his face.

When he plays, and even from his interviews, there's a humility about him that transcends into eagerness. He has the flicks and the tricks but doesn't over use them, he looks involve his team mates and always been an option to receive the ball.

Very impressed and wish the guy a fantastic career.

saadomar and Deep Pal repped this.
  20. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think Roinho traumatized me, that is why I just cannot imagine that this guy will make it here!

21. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    I remember Robinho having an amazing debut and me thinking that there was no way we can lose with him in the team. Then remember something Balague saying about how the club told him to "calm down" as he was showing up the senior players.

Anyway, just shows how far attitude takes you in this sport.

22. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Robinho's issue was more to do with what happened outside the pitch rather than what happened on the pitch.

As long as the seniors give the kid proper guidance on when and when he shouldn't let go then we're ok. It's no surprise that most of the people mentioned above had short careers at the top.

23. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vini(cius), Vidi, Vici

24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I think we as fans did a good job of keeping our expectations low and have been pleasantly surprised by him. He does seem to be maturing physically faster than any of us expected. I remember talking about how it will take him 3 yrs and his frame was not ready for top level football. He still needs time but I feel like he is ahead of the curve developmentally which is awesome.

ratheesh7k and S1na repped this.
  25. Los Merengues

Los Merengues Member

Dec 7, 2004
    California
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What’s everyone’s opinion on how we should handle Vinicius for this upcoming season?

I think most here agree that he has impressed this preseason and I like his personality a lot. Being that he is only 18 and just made a big move from SA to Europe, it probably makes the most sense for his maturation to keep him at Madrid for this season rather than a loan. Will he get enough minutes as a substitute to continue his development? Maybe play some games with Castilla?

Somewhat depressingly, he looks like one of our more exciting options off of the bench this year. And that is no knock on him whatsoever obviously, but more of an indication of how weak our attacking depth is right now.