All I Do Is Vin Vin Vin - The Vinicius Jr. Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, May 23, 2017.

1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nike isn't going to allow this to happen.

2. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    1024224329192669184 is not a valid tweet id

1024225984231493632 is not a valid tweet id

1024226870773121025 is not a valid tweet id

3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    They need to show things down.

We aren't making moves in the transfer market so their next move is to ratchet up the hype and pressure on the 18 year old to be the solution.

Smfh.

Anon., Romanero, Nathanial Essex and 6 others repped this.
  4. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Buzzkiller :D

Nathanial Essex and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  5. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The kid turned 18 less than a month ago. When was the last time we place so much expectations on a teenager? Raul made his debut at 17 years old and 124 days. He was approximately 8 or 9 months younger than Vin Jr at this point. Vin Jr has played in Brazil's Serie A at a level probably higher than Raul's action with Real Madrid B. Raul made his debut with Zamorano and El Butre. Sergio Ramos was 19 when we placed him as a starting centerback for Real Madrid. He already played a single season with Sevilla, but as a rightback, I think.

Deep Pal and S1na repped this.
  6. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The only player I can remember in (relatively) recent times was Pato for Milan. Everyone was counting the days.

For us, I believe Gago was the last one. He was being labeled the next Redondo and played almost everything after coming over from Boca (he was 19 I believe). I can’t remember any 18 year-olds with this much expectations as Vinicius TBH.

Deep Pal and Excape Goat repped this.
  7. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ramos was a RB here too, at first. But everyone knew he was destined to be a great CB.

8. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I believed he started as centerback here. We might have pushed him to play there too soon. He switched back to rightback, but I did not recall how long he played as a rightback.

I forgot about Gago's age in 2006, but he had a season to adjust his role here. Higuain had more playing time in their first season. He played on the right wing as RVN and Raul to start up front. Capello reduced Beckham to the bench. Beckham responded and regained his starting spot. Then, Higuain scored some critical goals as we won our first trophy in many years.

9. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Really?, maybe I am too old but i’m sure we brought him to play as a rightback and that’s where he started before moving to CB

PigBenis, Shay Z, S1na and 4 others repped this.
  10. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I also believe he initially started as CB and was then moved to RB for a season or 2/3, until Pellegrini moved him back to CB (or at least started to).

EDIT: I'm actually quite sure he started CB. Case in point...that Arsenal game (remember Cicinho?) :)

Excape Goat, Deep Pal and El-CapitanoR7 repped this.
  11. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You're right - when he was brought in he was a CB. Truly a physical specimen when he came in - would jump over, outrun and muscle people like they were insects. Too bad he was an idiot. He's gotten much better over the years, but I would not call him one of the best Center Backs of all time ( not that anyone is making the claim, but a good conversation starter). Although he has been very influential in terms of goals, his defensive abilities have always been questionable - even today he will tackle someone when there's no reason to and get an unnecessary card.

Not comparable to the Italian greats in the art of defense ( Maldini, Nesta, Baresi etc.) and not even the greatest Spanish defender IMO. I would give that to Puyol.

Not hating on Sergio - he's a great footballer and more skilled than most defenders. His goals are immeasurable to Real Madrid and he'll always be a legend to the game, but his defensive skill and mind is not at the level of the all-time greats.

12. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes it is. He's one of the best CB's ever.

13. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was hoping for a more interesting debate Eddie.

14. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm eating a pizza bro and i have a feeling it's gonna end with "agree to disagree" anyway.

Vector-SS, PigBenis, natenate101 and 7 others repped this.
  15. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    What kind of pizza

Doni, Shay Z, 9Qui and 1 other person repped this.
  16. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think it has a name. It's usually made in bakeries around here, it's very thin with the usual ingredients and toppings (sauce, cheese, mushrooms and prosciutto). Costs 2 euros for a 10" and it reminds me of my high school days lol.

Doni, Shay Z, 9Qui and 1 other person repped this.
  17. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    2 euros?!? What a deal, lol.

Deep Pal, Digital, Doni and 3 others repped this.
  18. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The best I can get is 4.99, a penny less than the chain restaurant across the street. LOL.

And $2 doesn't get you anything at the pizza by the slice hipster places.

19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Thin crust? Count me in. Taste the flavor more and less carbs.

Digital and Eddie repped this.
  20. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    4.99 is still pretty good to be fair.

Going out to eat in Kosovo though is generally very cheap, it reflects the general economy I suppose. At most places you can get pizzas, drinks and dessert for two ppl for €10/€15 which is nuts really.

Deep Pal repped this.
  21. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yup I remember him, where did Sergio play at Sevilla?, not RB?, am I confused ?

22. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Labelled as the next Redondo, but M. Diarra will go down as a player with more credibility and value at this club, that says a lot. I think people just fancied Lady Gago on this forum, hence the love.

23. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Michel Salgado was the starting rightback. Then, we might have Cicinho as the rightback, but I do believe he also played as a right-winger. I did remember the conversation of him playing there as a teenager. He was not ready. Then, when he was pushed back to centerback, I recalled getting freaked out that he was back as a CB.

24. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The disrespect...

25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005