All I Do Is Vin Vin Vin - The Vinicius Jr. Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, May 23, 2017.

1. crow80

crow80 Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 31, 2015
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just saw an Instagram account stating that he will be start training with Real Madrid starting 17 July.

No source given though.

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't think that is a good idea.

3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's from AS who said he will be here for pre-season and then new coach will make a decision. Apparently, he will be presented on July 17. Flamengo wants him on loan until 2019 so that's the most likely option imo.

4. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I don't see much problem with that. He will only be visiting for a month or so. This was always the plan. For him to stay in Brazil and spend the European pre-season with his new teammates and club until he makes a permanent move.

I heard Odegaard said that his stint in Norway is over. He won't be going back. He wants a loan to a Spanish team but says that the club hasn't told him anything yet. He'll be part of the pre-season as well.

Loan to a Premeira team does make sense for Odegaard. Pre-season visit and familiarization with Madrid and then return to Brazil would make sense for Vin.

Deep Pal and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  5. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Flamengo are on top of the table and are trying to make a run at Copa Libertadores.

It makes literally no sense for us to being him here for one month, just so soone peoplecan have something exciting to look at and talk about.

He needs to stay where he is at, work hard play more matches and learn to fight on that level. It would domuch more for his development then leaving midseason to do training camp in Montreal.

Deep Pal, S1na and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  6. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Oh I didn't know his team will have important matches in that time period. Then of course he should stay and play competitive games. Pointless to come here to just train. He can make a visit during the Brazilian off-season.

Deep Pal and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  7. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1004957266741809152 is not a valid tweet id

ahnaf, Deep Pal, PigBenis and 5 others repped this.
  8. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That touch is just wow

libertao and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  9. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wonder how things shake out with Vinicius & the possibility of Rodrygo. If they were to both come over in a few years, there's only 1 spot on that left wing. A changing of the guard will happen eventually, BBC clearly on their last legs. Would be cool if 3-4 years down the line, we're rocking a 4-2-3-1 with

Rodrygo
    Vinicius - Asensio - Odegaard
    Casemiro - Kroos
    Unlikely all 4 attackers pan out as we hope, but fun to fantasize.

Deep Pal repped this.
  10. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Playing in Copa Libertadores would benefit him more than pre-season games in the US. Besides, Flamengo would be grateful if Real Madrid helped them in their quest for the Copa Libertadores. Flamingo still has another youngster named Lincoln who had been linked to us.

Deep Pal, Saeta Rubia and S1na repped this.
  11. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Vinicius in his last game at the Maracana for Flamengo.

Very interesting to see the last 5-6 minutes of the video. Game is over and the fans chant his name. It seems he's quickly become a fan favorite. Tears in his eyes as he takes pictures with the fans.

In my estimate, he already seems like a player that can contribute off the bench. But I think it's essential for him to get playing time right now. He is still 17 years old. I can't wait to see him aged 20, 22, 24.

Excape Goat, Deep Pal and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  12. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Players like Vinicius Jr. & Odegaard should be treated carefully. They're supremely talented, I honestly think both of them will be in the squad next season.

13. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    It would be an error for Vinicius to be in the squad next year. He needs to stay in Brazil at least till summer 2019.

The only way we should bring him in winter is if we're desperate for a spark. Just be patient.

If we aren't patient we'll mess up some pretty big talents.

xRamos4, Shay Z, Anon. and 6 others repped this.
  14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    There will be a lot of eyeballs on him due to the pricetag as well. Having him here at 18 for a bitpart role doesn't seem like an ideal situation. Relano and AS guys will use him just to bash Flo. Better come here with a full season under his belt and he will be stronger physically too.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  15. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Great feint, but then rotates entire body and leg to pass instead of using outside-sole pass. Hopefully Modrić will give him a lesson or two.

Romanero repped this.
  16. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He already played his last game for Flamengo, it seemed. He probably will get an loan deal somewhere in Europe next season.

If I were running the team, I would keep him with Flemango until December. He would gain experience by playing in the knockout stage of the Copa Libertadores. This should give us a better idea where he had progressed. I assumed the knockout stage of Copa Libertadores is at a higher level than playing in Holland or France. By January, we can decide his future. We can send him to another loan deal in Europe or promote him to the first team.

17. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    This would be a moronic idea.

He needs top stay in the environment that is comfortable and keep growing. Besides, how arrogant are people here? Brasiliero Serie A is just below the level of Liga or Ligue (minus PSG of course). It isn't like he is playing is some youth team ffs.

S1na and Deep Pal repped this.
  18. kelvinphr

kelvinphr Member+

Aug 23, 2007
    Botswana
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I suspect this is as I had asked earlier, he is being brought in early to asses 1st hand how he has developed and Lopetegui to decide whether he wants to use him or not. He may end up on loan but I doubt we will have difficulty finding a suitable team that will offer ample development potential. His stock has risen considerably since we bought him and many mid-table teams in the big leagues may be willing to take him on. That, I believe would be sufficient in terms of him gaining experience at a high enough level as well as adjust to Europe without too much pressure

19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Lopetegui won't be here in three years. Why do they need to access what he thinks?

Vinicius is a talent but isn't ready to start and is too young to inhibit by sitting him on the bench just so he can be at the club.

Putting a kid who has never been to Europe and needs stability on loan somewhere is even more stupid.

If that's how we handle super talented kids we spent a fortune on we should get out of that business and leave it to people who aren't morons.

Deep Pal repped this.
  20. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a difference between a team "taking" him on loan and a team providing the support he needs to continue to develop. It looks like he has already reached a level that he may stagnate if he stays in Brazil, however making the wrong move could be worse and he might regress (lose confidence, etc.)

21. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    No. No he has not.

22. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Vinicius should follow Neymar's example and stay in Brazil until he dominates the competition there. It's too soon for him. Same with Rodrygo if we do sign him.

Deep Pal, S1na and Anon. repped this.
  23. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's not up to Vinicius. If you had read his recent interviews you'd know that. TL;DR he kinda wanted to stay at Flamengo some more but RM called him up.

24. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    If you saw his latest interview after their last match he said he didn't know the stance of the club and we will tell him soon.

If we aren't absolute idiots, we will leave this kid alone and let him grow in a stable environment.

Deep Pal repped this.
  25. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Exactly, it's obvious. He was always saying that he loves Flamengo,Flamengo bla bla. Then it came to "It's up to RM and their representatives" and in the end he had to say good bye to Flamengo while crying.