All I Do Is Vin Vin Vin - The Vinicius Jr. Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, May 23, 2017.

1. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    I couldn't tell if he was ridiculously fast or that right back was really slow, but he was making the RB look like he was trudging through molasses.

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    To be honest, I think he is more quick than fast. However he is just 17.

When I was 17, I was running 100, 200, 4x100, etc and got faster as I matured and developed. I expect the same of him.

What I would like to see is his quickness transfer from foot movement to foot on the ball movement. Hopefully has he grows that will grow.

I am impressed though. What he did wasn't easy for a mid-20s Brazilian, talk much a kid that just turned 17.

What was most impressive about his performance was hus work ethic. He seemed to desire to chase down everything. No superstar attitude there.

Zidane05 repped this.
  3. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Good thing is that the manager Rueda will not allow those superstar antics. Back when he coached Atletico Nacional he benched arguably the best LW in the Colombian league due to lack of work ethic and his sense of entitlement. If he's not putting in the work he will not hesitate to bench him. Seems like the kid is being rewarded

Excape Goat, Eddie, FigoIsGod and 4 others repped this.
  4. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    One good thing about having to wait for Vinicius is that it gives me another team's games to be excited about. Particularly one whose games don't overlap with ours timewise. I really enjoyed watching part of the last game even if the level wasn't up to La Liga.

Shay Z, natenate101 and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  5. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    #330 Fuera del Juego, Aug 27, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    If anyone is antsy for our game to start, Flamengo kicks off at in 20 minutes (3PM EST, 9PM Spanish time). I haven't been able to find out whether Vinicius is in the starting lineup, but if he is I'll watch until our game starts.

Edit: They just tweeted the lineup. Sadly looks like he'll start on the bench.

Shay Z repped this.
  6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  7. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So he basically has pace and some dribbling skills.

Very bad and slow decision making. He should have put his teammate through on goal at minute 22 of the second half.

He needs a lot of coaching and guidance.

8. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    ... are there any 17 year-old footballers who don't?

9Qui, kelvinphr and Anon. repped this.
  9. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    You have to admit, those highlights show very poor decision making. Whether that's from pressure, maturity, or innate remains to be seen. Hopefully not the latter.

10. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I will say someone needs to sit him down with the film and show him where to make simple outlet passes. I watch him and he always has an eye for the fantastic, outside the boot, 20 meter 1-2's that often end up intercepted. But as said above, this goes with decision making and will come with time/coaching.

11. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe trying too hard in the time he is on the pitch to prove he is worth the investment by us?

12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

906161376808316928 is not a valid tweet id

906163025941553154 is not a valid tweet id

Doni, Shay Z, Zidane05 and 2 others repped this.
  13. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    They do, but he's 17 so it's expected.

That is what made Mbappe so rare, so special. Even Dembele who is 20 is horrible with his decision making.

As you correctly stated our hope is it is just a maturity issue. If its mental then we have a problem.

J-Mezzy and libertao repped this.
  14. FigoIsGod

FigoIsGod Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    He's going to absolutely crush the U17 World Cup.

To gain a better appreciation for how far ahead he is of players his same age, watch some of the Brazil games in the tournament.

libertao repped this.
  15. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Not the most convincing of performances.

16. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Damn that was painful to watch - I wouldn't blame the coach for not starting him

17. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That was pretty shocking, but then you recall the performances our current star fowards have put in the last couple of games and it's probably on par.

kime777 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Not even remotely close.

19. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I couldn't be bothered to watch the clip. Let's be patient instead.

20. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You always run the risk of someone taking you literally when you make a little joke round here.

21. Adder

Adder Red Card

Sep 1, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Would you be saying the same if somebody here was gushing over one of the 3 videos in which he perfomed well?

Probably not, but it's been long since made clear that only certain types of opinions are allowed amidst Madrid fanbases now.

And we paid 40 million euros for him. So, no. Not going to be patient. Probably one of the worst transfers in football history (and that's regardless of whether he somehow completely unpredictably happens to be a decent footballer a decade from now).

9Qui repped this.
  22. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You are quite the negative lad aren't you?

23. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't think it was all that bad, 1 rash challenge but other than that, it just seems like it was a tough game to break down generally. Looks like the game tied 0-0, probably nobody on that Flamengo side played well.

24. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pointing out the obvious - the fact that he had a bad performance - doesn't make you inpatient. People want to see the both the good & the bad so we can track his development. I made no judgement on his future potential, merely made an observation about his performance in one game. Should we just bury our heads in the sand and check in on him in 2 years?

25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Never gets these kind of reaction when vast majority of players his age are playing in youth teams. What's so unpredictable about him turning out to be decent at 26? People were shitting on Odegaard the same way totally disregarding his age. Now he's not doing so bad in Dutch league at 18.