All I Do Is Vin Vin Vin - The Vinicius Jr. Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, May 23, 2017.

1. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    They won't. People want to see what the 8th most expensive player in the history of the biggest club in the world can do. And they'll be eager to judge. He has to be able to deal with those expectations.

Digital repped this.
  2. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    While I agree that that is what will be happening I don't think it's right. When he comes he'll be 18. Hopefully he'll be ready to tear it up but even if he takes 2 years to get going I don't feel the need for concern.

3. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've got all the patience in the world with this deal. No reason why not too. Doesn't affect us right now, let's just see how it turns out.

The only way I will look on this transfer negatively is if we are unable to get Mbappe for anything other than him wanting to stay in Monaco for playing time. It would be insane to drop 45 mill on Vinicius but not be prepared to pay 120 mill for Mbappe.

But let's see how things look in September.

AriGold and Shay Z repped this.
  4. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    But Mbappe isn't just about being able to afford the transfer fee, ( at least I don't think so), there's wages to take into consideration ( club's wage structure), and making room for him so that he can actually play ( and play consistently) now, ( he wants to and should) two different scenarios IMO, not really comparable in any way

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You couldn't tell me who the 6th most expensive player was without checking it on google.

AriGold and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  6. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I don't need Google to tell me €45M is one of our biggest deals.

7. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fortunately for him, he has time to find his feet. I'd like to wait until he's supposed to come over to us to evaluate him further. For me, I'd take him being decent enough at 18 to get some European experience and really fast track his development. We already spent the money, we may as well try our best and be patient to ensure the kid becomes a success.

8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Wages? Ha.

Thst kid is going to be a global star like Cristiano. He is the next one up.

I don't want to hear about wages. As long as it isn't exorbitant we should pay them, because we're going to make a killing with his inage rights (that's if we don't wait forever to sign him, and watch him close many of his higher money deals).

9. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    When Kyle Walker and John Stones are going for 50M GBP and Lukaku is going for 100M EUR, that statement is highly irrelevant.

4x4s repped this.
  10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When he's 18 and elidgible to play for us, players will be earning those 45 mil. in yearly wages in the Premier League.

Deep Pal, S1na and Crimson repped this.
  11. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    This, he looks completely raw.

12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Lol, that is quite the ludicrous statment.

What makes it crazier is it's all fact.

Crimson and Deep Pal repped this.
  13. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Creepy thread title is still creepy.

kime777, Doni, Aimar 21 and 4 others repped this.
  14. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha, it really is.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wonder if there's a clause in his contract forcing Flamengo to play him X amount of games/minutes per season while he's on loan there.

I still think there's something shady about this deal. We signed so many incredibly talented young players cheaply and then we splash 45M on a 16 year old?

HZinho repped this.
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Florentino justified this by saying there were many teams after Vicinius willing to pay the same if not more. So apparently to Florentino, if people are willing to pay it that means the money spent is justified because the market demanded it.

Apparently to some people his logic that works for a 16 year old from Brazil, but not the reincarnation of Ronaldo in France.

Digital and Eddie repped this.
  17. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ...wonder what his wages will be

18. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    hahhahaaa... Definitely. :D

19. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #244 MerlinRM, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    I just watched the Flamengo vs Gremio game a few days ago to see him and he didn't even make the bench. Fla played Cruzeiro tonight and he didn't even make the trip to Belo Horizonte.

Apparently been 5 games since he played.

EDIT: So from my old buddy who is a massive Flamengo fan :rolleyes: told me he just wasn't that good when he was playing and that Fl should use him more from off the bench than as a starter. And Flamengo just brought Everton Rebiero who was quickly slotted into the starting lineup.

The problem is that Flamengo like Real in Spain/the world are the biggest team in Brasil (or Corinthians depending on who you talk to) and that they can't afford to play Vinicius just because he is a Real player the way a mid/lowertable league team can. Its all about results and they want to go for what brings it to them. There are whispers Leandro Diamao is getting sold so hopefully that creates more opportunity for Vinicius.

Doni, Digital and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  20. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Why is Ze Ricardo doing this to him???

It's like he wants to destroy him mentally.

21. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I just added some stuff to my original post explaining bits why lol.

On one hand I get it. Football is way to much about the present esp Brazilian club football. A few bad results (and I mean like 3-4 draw/losses) and Ze can lose his job. Makes sense why he chooses older players atm. Also Paulo Guerrero apparently has an offer from China. I think Vinicous will eventually get his opportunity.

22. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can understand not starting him but is he that behind the seniors team to not even make the bench?

23. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Can't we loan him out to another team? Don't we own his rights? Fuxk em if they're not even gonna play the kid

24. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Vinicius again isn't even called up. Fyi, they called up like 10 substitutes....

Seriously fcuk Ze Ricardo. Talk this kid up, have us pay out of our ass then destroy him.

25. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I think the mistake isn't not calling him up now after finding out he needs time, the misrake was to throw him out there at the start of the season. Of course he needs time. Of course he's a kid in a man's game. You just can't throw him out there unless you are damn sure he is Neymar 2.0. And then you can't leave him out in the cold once everyone realized he isn't ready yet. That HAS to mess with his mind. Extremely childish management.

raven3k, AriGold, MerlinRM and 3 others repped this.